PDA

View Full Version : Which Hotel?

Davyjones
10-16-2011, 09:59 PM
Hey Gang,

My wife and I will be coming home to Disneyland at the beginning of next year!!! We've been talking about which hotel to stay at: either the Grand Californian or the Disneyland Hotel. We've stayed at the Paradise Pier before, but we'd like to try something different. I know that the DLH has more of a Disney feel to it (from lots of reviews) compared to the GCH, but is the price of the GCH worth it? Also, does the DLH have a monorail that runs through it or was I thinking of another Disney hotel? Thanks for any input Mouseketeers!! :mickey:

EllieMae
10-16-2011, 10:03 PM
The only one we have stayed at is the Grand Californian so I can't comment on the others, but I would highly recommend the Grand Californian. We just went back last weekend for our 2nd stay there and the resort was wonderful. The staff was very friendly and helpful, the rooms were great, the restaurants were great too. We had kids with us so we didn't eat at Napa Rose (which looked wonderful) but we had breakfast at Whitewater Snacks one day and Storytellers the next and both were very good. The lounge is also nice as well.

NewDVCowner
10-17-2011, 01:20 PM
The monorail does run through the GC however it doesn't stop there. The only stop for the monorail is close to the Disneyland Hotel, however it's not in the hotel. All three of the hotels are a very easy walk to the park enterence, so I wouldn't worry about needing to catch the monorail to get to the park.

Davyjones
10-18-2011, 05:53 PM
Thanks you 2! My wife and I have a few months before we really need to decide which one to stay at. I'm leaning towards the DH cause I'm not 100% sure that the GC is worth the extra money. It's a good problem to have, though! :) Thanks for the advice!

tinkwest
10-19-2011, 12:23 PM
Love the location and atmosphere of the GCH. If you want the quickest access to the parks this is the way to go. However most rooms at the DLH are actually larger and recently renovated. Now that construction at the DLH is winding down I would be more likely to choose it for my stay. Price comparison and Trader Sam's Enchanted Tiki Bar help with that decision.