PDA

View Full Version : PhotoPass site driving me crazy!

TheVBs
10-16-2011, 07:07 PM
For the last several days I've been going through and editing our PhotoPass photos and every single time I have weird problems. Sometimes I only make it through a handful of pictures before I give up and log out. :mad: I don't ever remember having these problems in past years, but this time I've gotten error messages that just say "object", the site gets hung up when I try to save a photo as a copy, Some borders disappear even when they still apply to the photos (like Snow White's signature disappearing in the middle of the group of pictures with her), and sometimes ALL of the border options disappear. I emailed them a couple of days ago, but haven't received any response, not even the standard, "we got your message and will get back to you in 24 hours" message. Anyone else expereincing this? Any suggestions on who I should contact?

Disney4us2
10-16-2011, 07:20 PM
I had some trouble during the editing of our photopass cd last month. I would click on a border and it would come up with some message error. I finally got our cd edited over the course of 3 weeks.

Side note.... they turned out really nice although there were a couple of "magic shots" that they didn't put the "magic" in. Example. no Tinkerbell in our hands or baby Simba in our arms and no Stitch popping out of the ground. They just had our actions. Those pics looked kind of goofy:goof:

Kairi_7378
10-16-2011, 08:21 PM
I have also had some trouble with the site. I was only able to retrieve saved projects if I was using IE as my browser. I could only upload pictures if I was using Firefox. I was trying to finish my free photopass album by today since my pictures expired today and it was very frustrating! I did finish today, though.

bcornette
10-16-2011, 09:45 PM
A lot of the disney web sites do not like Internet Explorer 9, I would try firefox or something else if you are using IE9.

TheVBs
10-17-2011, 09:13 AM
I preordered the photobook as well, and I'm stressed about getting it finished in time. I haven't even gotten as far as uploading some of our own pictures.

I have IE. I'll have to ask DH about using Firefox. Don't know if it's already on mine, or what I'd have to do to get it. He's my IT guy. :mickey:

I guess, if it comes to this, I can find a number to call them. If the site problems prevent me from getting stuff done in time, they should extend my expiration date at no extra charge. I think I noticed that they charge for that now.

brivers222
10-24-2011, 01:53 PM
the site has always been crazy... i can still pull up, edit and purchase pictures from my trip 365 days ago... every 3 months I get an email saying my pictures are going to expire and to please act fast....

Jennifer_and_Chris
10-25-2011, 03:37 PM
the site has always been crazy... i can still pull up, edit and purchase pictures from my trip 365 days ago... every 3 months I get an email saying my pictures are going to expire and to please act fast....

I agree! I've always had problems with the site.

I pre-ordered the CD and album last October and just completed it this past September!

I ordered the CD separate from the album so, I had the pictures to reupload. The only thing was that it took forever to complete borders and such. It was such a pain... 2 hours a night for several weeks of my life..

TheVBs
10-28-2011, 09:45 AM
Ok, using Firefox solved the problems I was having. Thanks! Haven't had any other buggy problems, but learning my way around a new photobook site has been a little time consuming. My only real complaints so far was how slow it was uploading our pictures and that it could only handle about 150 at a time or it simply timed out. The other complaint is that on a 2 page layout it will only let me put a text box on the left page. Not a huge deal, I've worked around it, but annoying. And I agree about the huge time dedication! Of course that happens to me with any photobook I make, no matter what site it's on. The unfortunate thing on the PhotoPass site is that the pictures are going to expire. Not fun working under that kind of time constraint.