PDA

View Full Version : Was Anyone at MK Morning of Wed. Oct 12th?

DVC2004
10-16-2011, 04:49 PM
WOW. I mean wow. Crowds of epic proportions. I guess it had rained all weekend and it was the first sunny day. There was a huge crowd waiting for transportation. They had to bring busses in. At the park the bag check and gates were swarmed. We went to another park and returned in the evening. I have never seen it so crowded, must be waht Christmas is like. I asked a CM and he was saying although the hotels were not sold out, many people from the area and offsite decided to come and they were not prepared for the crowds.

CosmicRay
10-16-2011, 05:03 PM
A couple of factors also might have come into play. Usually Monday is the first day of guest's trip so they hit MK first (that's what I've heard).

Also the 12th was a National holiday - Columbus Day and I heard that many schools were out that day. So I would imagine people went for the weekend.

DVC2004
10-16-2011, 05:09 PM
It was actually Wednesday...but it was Columbus Day week yes.

GrumpySue
10-17-2011, 05:29 PM
We were at MK today and it was packed !!! Never have I seen it this crowded in October. Also Epcot this past Saturday the 15th was crazy packed, I've been here at Christmas and this was way worse. What is up ???

LittleRoosMommy
10-17-2011, 10:19 PM
We were at Epcot on Wed. 10/12. The crowds were not bad at all! We rode Soarin', The Land, Mission Space, and Test Track (2xs), all before 10:30am.... the crowd level was great!

We were at MK on Mon, the 10th.... it was PACKED!! We were talking to some CMs and they were saying that it was d/t the holiday. Crowds were manageable the rest of the week. The only park that got crowded was Epcot in the evenings... We went back there on Fri 10/14 and it was really crowded.... the crowds coupled w/ dodging those that had been drinking their way around the showcase, made for a very interesting evening! LOL

DVC2004
10-18-2011, 08:37 AM
We arrived around 10:00- and then went to Epcot which I agree was not bad at all.

DisneyRN
10-20-2011, 09:53 PM
We were at Epcot on Wed. 10/12. The crowds were not bad at all! We rode Soarin', The Land, Mission Space, and Test Track (2xs), all before 10:30am.... the crowd level was great!

We were at MK on Mon, the 10th.... it was PACKED!! We were talking to some CMs and they were saying that it was d/t the holiday. Crowds were manageable the rest of the week. The only park that got crowded was Epcot in the evenings... We went back there on Fri 10/14 and it was really crowded.... the crowds coupled w/ dodging those that had been drinking their way around the showcase, made for a very interesting evening! LOL

We arrived around 10:00- and then went to Epcot which I agree was not bad at all.

We too were at Epcot on the 12th! We were the "first family" on Soarin' that morning. It was hot, and WS was packed, but by 2pm we had rode everything in Futureworld; some multiple times.

Disney Doll
10-21-2011, 11:58 AM
We were in MK that day and we ended up hopping over to DHS because the crowds were horrendous. I think part of it is because of the Halloween parties. As they get more and more popular Disney keeps adding more to the schedule. Tues. was a party night and so was Thurs. I would imagine that people without party tickets would tend to spend their day at another park especially if they didn't have park hoppers. The non party days end up being the only time you can see Wishes or the Electrical Light Parade.

Disney Doll
10-21-2011, 12:02 PM
We were at MK today and it was packed !!! Never have I seen it this crowded in October. Also Epcot this past Saturday the 15th was crazy packed, I've been here at Christmas and this was way worse. What is up ???

I think the Food and Wine Festival is getting more popular too. I know people who go specifically for that event and I know our experience has been that the EPCOT area resorts book up quickly during that time. I think Food and Wine coupled with Mickey's Halloween party is getting to be too much as both events seem to have grown in popularity.

GrumpySue
10-22-2011, 08:52 PM
Just returned to our Boardwalk room after trying to enjoy our last night at Epcot World Showcase. I have bever seen that many people, and I have been here at Christmas. We have been coming to the F&W Festival for the past 13 years in October and have never seen anything like this, it was a crowded drunken frenzy. We stayed literally 15 minutes and turned around and walked out. I am so worried that the few will ruin what was once such a great event. Have a few drinks, enjoy a nice buzz, taste some awesome food, but seriously, this is not a frat party. Control yourselves people !!!

peter's #1 fan
10-24-2011, 02:38 PM
we were in mk at night on 10/12 and it was so crowded i was just happy to get out. my son with autism wouldn't go to any park for our last 2 days because of that.