PDA

View Full Version : Questions about booking

Mammabruski
10-16-2011, 02:22 PM
Hi all!

This is my first post as a DVC owner, but to be honest I'm only an owner because my DM put my sisters and I on the deed! (Thanks, Pirate Granny!) Regardless, we're one month away from the 7th month mark for our June 2012 trip and we'll be calling as soon as possible on that day to try and secure lodging for one night at BLT.

So here are my questions... we're flexible as to what size room to reserve- we have 5 "adults" and my DD who will still be 2 at the time, so we can do a 1BR, but we have enough points for a 2BR. We want MK view as well... Can we start by seeing if there is availability for the 1BR MK view, and then if there isn't check on availability for a 2BR view and then check on a 1BR lakeview and so on? Or if our first choice isn't available do we immediately have to waitlist? You get two waitlists, right?

Basically, I'm wondering if we can find out what's available before deciding what to waitlist for, if needed?

I'm assuming that you can check various unit's availability but I thought I'd make sure so we'd be ready when we call next month.

Thanks all! :mickey:

DizneyRox
10-16-2011, 02:51 PM
Yep, just ask them, in the order of your preference, then go back and waitlist if need be.

I usually have them all over the resort looking for a room before I decide what I like better. It's usually AKL though, so I start there.

miprender
10-22-2011, 09:24 AM
Member Services for the most part is very helpful and will keep looking for you until you decide you would rather just waitlist.

Good luck with planning.:)

VWL Mom
10-22-2011, 10:34 AM
I've been very happy with member services helping find rooms at the 7 month mark.

Just wanted to add, I was very disappointed in our MK view at BLT (it was the monorail posts and the parking lot). If you are going for the MK view be sure to request a high floor otherwise, IMO, it's a waste of points. On the other hand, our Lake View was fabulous!