PDA

View Full Version : What costume would you dread wearing?

DisneyRN
10-15-2011, 07:49 PM
Another random question I thought of while jumping from park-to-park...what costume would you dread going to work in each day? What would you love?

I think I would not like wearing the attire of Adventureland employees at MK. :sick:

And, most costumes at AK are pretty bad. :ack:

But, I would love, love, love dressing in character, or in Fantasyland attire. :thumbsup:

texas211
10-16-2011, 09:32 AM
Hate, anything at Epcot, the resorts or Haunted Mansion.. Way to hot and uncomfortable.

The parking lot and DS seem to have the best costumes.

Mousemates
10-16-2011, 10:23 AM
As a not-petite bearded forty seven year old man a tinkerbell costume would cause me (and others too) a good deal of dread each morning. :) And I can only imagine the horrified looks and crying children when I came flying over the crowd each night at Wishes

Hair_Razor
10-16-2011, 11:10 AM
Haha, to pp!!

I think the worst uniforms are the Dinoland in AK. They look like they work in a Kindergarten! :ack:

The one I would like I think would be Tigger, that character always seems to have the most fun! Or maybe a villain.

Cassieblanca
10-16-2011, 12:09 PM
I hated my costume at Flame Tree. I got stuck in Stitch's head once. That was a scary experience since I wasn't supposed to be wearing it. I would love to be one of the princesses.

NewDVCowner
10-16-2011, 02:13 PM
I've seen Sully from Monsters, Inc. at DCA when it's 100 degrees plus. That park is a hot park anyway, I always feel sorry for whoever is stuck in that costume on a hot summer day.

DisneyRN
10-16-2011, 05:45 PM
I've seen Sully from Monsters, Inc. at DCA when it's 100 degrees plus. That park is a hot park anyway, I always feel sorry for whoever is stuck in that costume on a hot summer day.

Agreed...looking back at pics from last week, DD's face is beat red in the pic with White Rabbit. Imagine the poor soul inside that suit! How do they not pass out? :confused:

joanna71985
10-16-2011, 07:39 PM
From personal experience- I did not like the Liberty Square merchandise dress, or the PotC merchandise outfit. One I would not want to wear would be the Dinoland costume

Now- my favorite costume happens to be 3 I get to wear on a daily basis! My lovely GMR costumes :D

texas211
10-16-2011, 07:59 PM
I found a Universe of Energy uniform, so atrocious, i had to buy it. Rainbow type sleeves, look like the old Houston Astros uniform.

darthmacho
10-17-2011, 02:46 PM
That's quite the conundrum. Well, I'm no Prince, so that's out. Also, I'm pretty shy, so I wouldn't mind not having to look customers in the eye, and I think I'd be the right size for Goofy or Tigger. Yet, I don't think I could wear those costumes that cover your head without having a panic attack, so those characters would be out of the question. I guess I'd be better off with anything without a mask. Ugly costumes wouldn't bother me.

So, do I get the job? :blush:

garymacd
10-18-2011, 01:41 PM
As a not-petite bearded forty seven year old man a tinkerbell costume would cause me (and others too) a good deal of dread each morning. :) And I can only imagine the horrified looks and crying children when I came flying over the crowd each night at Wishes

I work with a guy that did that...

He loved it.

Buttercup
10-18-2011, 08:30 PM
I couldn't be a character -- too hot.
Face characters -- too much makeup.

I've always imagined that I would work at the American Adventure or the Hall of Presidents though because I like the dresses and bonnets. :thumbsup:

Diznee4Me
10-19-2011, 11:25 AM
I have the full Capt Jack costume - DW and I created it a few years ago for Halloween and it has grown each year - and it HOT once I get it on.

With the wig and all the bangles and dangles, musket, sword, hat, coat, vest, boots, shirt, belts, chicken foot, compass, furs, etc. - it must weigh twenty-five pounds and is hot and sticky! I wear several times a year for different ocassions, I can only imagine wearing it everyday in the Florida heat!

TinkerbellT421
10-19-2011, 11:30 AM
Hate - Buzz Lightyear costume. Bulky, huge, plastic and can only imagine how uncomfortable for arms to not be completely bendable. Just watching the person walk in the thing makes me feel bad for them. :sick:

Love - to be a princess of work at Haunted Mansion. I love those old fashioned types of outfits. Or even American pavilion in Epcot. :mickey:

Disney Doll
10-19-2011, 03:38 PM
[QUOTE=Hair_Razor;2217065]
I think the worst uniforms are the Dinoland in AK. They look like they work in a Kindergarten! :ack:
QUOTE]

Hands down the worse costumes are dinoland. My husband and I were just joking about this when we were there last week. They are a hot mess of mismatched patterns and colors with huge dinosaur footprints as back pockets on the pants. Noone can be flattered in an outfit like that.

Kairi_7378
10-19-2011, 07:10 PM
We "played" this game on our last trip! I think that the "winners" were:

CM: Flame Tree BBQ
Character: The Beast

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
10-19-2011, 07:35 PM
Shoot - I worked at a McDonald's that had double knit brown polyester uniforms....UGLY and HOT - so any CM uniforms I think aren't too bad. But any princess - wouldn't be pretty as I'm more of a Pooh than a princess in size and as pale as I am (I glow in the dark) - Jasmine would not be good. :D

Boost
11-08-2011, 03:37 PM
Darth Vader in July/August at Studios...

BugeyedMuggy
11-09-2011, 09:49 AM
Princess Jasmine would be tough. My hairy beer belly would ruin it.