PDA

View Full Version : Family of 5 - POR trundle??? How tight

GoofyforFun
10-15-2011, 02:52 PM
I researched and investigated I believe most of the options for us to stay DW, DD-14, DD-11, DS-7 Just was wondering how tight the POR rooms are with the trundle beds? Hoping for a discount and may opt for two rooms...More space ..:confused:

rhonary
10-15-2011, 04:22 PM
We're a family of 5 also and we used the trundle bed...our twins are too big now that they're 14 but they used it when they were 12. It is alittle tight but we're not in the room that much and you only have it out at night...not the most comfy of beds but they were always soooo tired they were out as soon as thier heads hit the pillow. Rumor has it they are replacing the trundles with fold out "bigger" beds later this year...hope so we love POR and its cheaper the getting 2 rooms! Hope this is of some help!

mom2morgan
10-15-2011, 04:40 PM
I researched and investigated I believe most of the options for us to stay DW, DD-14, DD-11, DS-7 Just was wondering how tight the POR rooms are with the trundle beds? Hoping for a discount and may opt for two rooms...More space ..:confused:

It's tight - but doable. Last time we went my 16 year old DD slept on the trundle (she's small but not extremely so) and was quite comfortable - and there was still space at the foot of the beds for a single sized air mattress, for my younger daughter who can't bear to share a bed. It's certainly not a large space, but if all you're doing in there is sleeping and showering, I'd say go for it and put the extra money elsewhere! (probably the only thing we disliked was the one bathroom -had to kind of stagger showering times. Two rooms at a value would cost about the same and solve that problem...BUT we're willing to make that sacrifice to stay at POR because we love it).

WDWCrazyKaren
10-17-2011, 09:11 AM
Our DD didn't fit last year at 13, but then again, she is VERY tall. We had to have them bring us a roll-away bed (which they argued about for quite a long time). But if your 7 year old is not a large child, I think it would be fine. Let me tell you though, with all the luggage for just four of us, plus the roll-away, we barely had room to walk through to the bathroom. It was pretty crowded in there, and that was when it was still double beds last year. I can see where it might get a bit tight.

LVT
10-26-2011, 08:02 AM
2 connecting rooms at a value might be more comfortable. We do that with 4 adults. 4 double beds and 2 baths help a lot.

#1donaldfan
10-26-2011, 01:09 PM
With kids that age you should be fine !!! The rooms are not big, but how long do you plan on being in there anyway ???? :mickey:

wildernesslady
10-26-2011, 04:49 PM
We have done it several times. It's a little tight but as long as you keep your room organized, it's not bad.

natstroop
10-26-2011, 05:43 PM
We stayed in one last year with a DD-13, DS-11, and DS-9 and it was a little tight, but we didn't care. We were hardly ever in the room....just to sleep basically. All three of them took turns sleeping on the trundle. A tad bit too small for DD, but she didn't mind since she rather not sleep in the bed with her DBs.

Kaps
10-27-2011, 12:36 PM
We have done it 5X 's at least and we have not had any problem at all. We r in the parks most of the time and sleeping is all we did in the room (Which could be a little bigger). I also heard tehy are putting in fold down beds like cruise ships and they should be a little bigger. Hoping to go in November 2012 so i hope they do. We like the grounds so it was worth it

greengeen
10-27-2011, 06:21 PM
Our DD didn't fit last year at 13, but then again, she is VERY tall. We had to have them bring us a roll-away bed (which they argued about for quite a long time).

Those rooms are designed to fit four plus one child 9 or under. That's why they "argued"! Those trundles aren't designed for big kids, in fact they're the size of a crib mattress. We quit staying in trundle rooms when our youngest was about 7. I highly recommend two rooms unless you want to feel like a sardine.

Katzateer
10-27-2011, 09:48 PM
The truddle beds aren't much more than a thin mattress on a board that pulls out from under the bed. Two rooms at a Value resort would be a lot better.

#1donaldfan
10-28-2011, 12:14 PM
The truddle beds aren't much more than a thin mattress on a board that pulls out from under the bed. Two rooms at a Value resort would be a lot better.

I have to say that since your kids ages are such why spend the extra $$'s on an extra room at a potentially crowded, overly busy value, when you can stay at the best mod ever and enjoy it the more !!?? The trundle is only about a foot shorter than the actual bed and slightly narrower, so it's a bit bigger than a crib mattress.....save the dough and enjoy Riverside and all it has to offer ..... :thumbsup:

tjstrike
10-28-2011, 10:05 PM
The 5 of us stayed there once before we bought into DVC, it's small but we're spoiled now from the 1 bdr suites at the DVC resorts so my post is probably a little biased.