PDA

View Full Version : AKL Value Studio Location

Disney4us2
10-14-2011, 06:35 PM
Does anyone know where the value DVC studios are located? Are they with the other DVC rooms on the 5th floor. or in a different area of the resort?

DizneyRox
10-14-2011, 07:18 PM
I believe all the values are located in Jambo House. They built out Jambo House as 1 BRs with a lockoff studio for most if not all the units. So, they are with the regular DVC rooms. One of them is right above Jiko where the walkway exits Jambo towards the pool.

seanyred
10-14-2011, 07:27 PM
I've stayed in a value studio. They are located in Jambo House only. My room was located on the Giraffe Trail and my balcony faced the pool. The rooms in that hallway that faced the parking lot didn't have DVC Logo's above the door number so I'm assuming they weren't DVC rooms. Hope that helps.

Disney4us2
10-14-2011, 09:22 PM

I knew they were in Jambo House. Just wanted to know the location for mobility purposes. We stayed at Kidani and had a room way far away from the lobby and I had to depend on my scooter. Loved Kidani, just looking to save on points.

Were the rooms closer to the lobby or way down at the end?

JPL
10-14-2011, 10:21 PM
I have stayed in a value studio several times at AKL and they are all located on the 5th floor with the rest of the DVC rooms all of the ones I stayed in had a pool view.

seanyred
10-15-2011, 12:09 AM

I knew they were in Jambo House. Just wanted to know the location for mobility purposes. We stayed at Kidani and had a room way far away from the lobby and I had to depend on my scooter. Loved Kidani, just looking to save on points.

Were the rooms closer to the lobby or way down at the end?

The Giraffe Trail is the closest one to the lobby and elevators it is also the shortest trail so even if you were at the end it would still be much shorter than Kidani.

since you have a scooter just one thing to consider; the value studios are noticeably smaller than the studio's at Kidani. So hopefully it doesn't make things more difficult in the room for you.

Disney4us2
10-15-2011, 01:07 AM
The Giraffe Trail is the closest one to the lobby and elevators it is also the shortest trail so even if you were at the end it would still be much shorter than Kidani.

since you have a scooter just one thing to consider; the value studios are noticeably smaller than the studio's at Kidani. So hopefully it doesn't make things more difficult in the room for you.

I don't think it will be difficult with the scooter. I was able to get my scooter in a room at POFQ with 4 people in the room. My scooter is not the giant ones.

Now I would just have to see if I could get the value at the 7 month mark.... but that is a whole different post;)

miprender
10-22-2011, 09:01 AM
Taken from a different website:

The Value rooms are in Jambo House. They are located along the Giraffe and Ostrich trails at the front (main entrance end) of the resort so they can have a view of the Sunset Savanna, the pool area or the parking lot as you can see on this map: http://www.parkinfo2go.com/dvc-akv/floor5.php The view is luck of the draw and does not affect the point cost of the room. Only a few of the Value rooms face the parking lot so the odds are good you will get either a savanna view or a pool view.