PDA

View Full Version : I propose the Flex DDP

SignguyTom
10-13-2011, 10:36 AM
I believe Disney should add the "Flex Dining Plan" which would fit more budgets and lifestyles for families travelling to WDW.

First the basics:
The Flex DDP must be purchased for your entire length of stay (# of nights) and be identical for all people on your reservation.

You would then have your choice of either Basic Plan nights ($48 per person, per night) and Quick Service Plan nights ($38 per person, per night)

Basic nights include 1 TS, 1 CS, 1 Snack
Quick Service nights include 2 CS, 2 Snacks
Refillable mug can be purchased for a discounted rate of $5 to anyone purchasing the Flex DDP

For simplicity’s sake, here is an example for a party of 1 for a 6 night stay:

3 Basic Plan nights x $48 = 144
3 TS, 3 CS meals, 3 snacks

3 Quick Service Nights x $35 = $105

6 CS Meals, 6 snacks

Your total would be $249
and you would have 3 TS, 9 CS, and 9 snacks to use as you see fit over the course of your stay.

You would be able to choose different combinations - 1 Basic night and 5 Quick nights, etc...

All other existing plans would remain available; this would be just another option.

LVT
10-13-2011, 11:15 AM
I like it.

disneyfan328
10-13-2011, 12:19 PM
I don't like it......I LOVE IT! This is pretty much what my family does but we end up using CS on breakfast to use them up and we buy 2 - 3 table services during our trip. If this was an option we would definetley take advantage of it.

While we love the food options at Disney, we have not been enough times that we want to take enough time out of each day to eat at a character buffet or TS meal so its not worth upgrading our whole plan and losing money.

I think the plan you have proposed would make sense for a lot of families!!

brivers222
10-13-2011, 12:22 PM
i wouldnt mind being able to trade up certain CS credit for TS... I am not a fan of CS at all... which is why we go deluxe or go home!

or at least allow for a deluxe verison for some days of your trip...

DisneyBunch5
10-13-2011, 01:20 PM
I love the idea, but I'd like to see them they offer another option. Allowing you to purchase the dining plan for part of your vacation.

You may not want/need the dining plans on certains days because you decide to eat:
- off site
- at a restaurant that does not participate in the dining plan
- back at your room/cabin. Earlier this year, we stayed at Fort Wilderness Cabins. Because of the kitchen/grill, we occassionally ate at the cabin a few nights.

I doubt that they'll ever offer this option, but it's nice to dream.

CosmicRay
10-13-2011, 01:25 PM
There have been times when we've planned and thought we don't want to eat at a TS everyday. Since then, I've wished that you could trade 2 CS credits for 1 TS or vise versa 1 TS credit for 2 CS. Not suggesting that, because that would probably be frustrating to trade around a lot, but just saying, I've had the thought.

Your thought sounds good too :)

SignguyTom
10-13-2011, 01:49 PM

You may not want/need the dining plans on certains days because you decide to eat:
- off site

This is precisely the reason they require it for length of stay

MyDisneyworld
10-13-2011, 02:22 PM
That's a great idea. Another idea would be a discounted gift card only good for food that you could buy in increments of $25. So maybe every $25 in credits would cost $15. They could require it be purchased in advance of your trip. They could put all the rules on they have today with only good during your length of stay and for your group, etc.. Disney would be counting on people buying way more then needed because of the great savings. Much more flexible to get whatever you desire. I see many resturants doing this today.

garymacd
10-14-2011, 09:00 PM
I would just like to be able to trade two CS for one TS, at a lower cost establishment, of course.

TheRustyScupper
10-14-2011, 09:42 PM
1) Not practical
. . . planning manpower too difficult
. . . planning food supplies to tough
2) I could easily see
. . . going to a CS and having too many CM's
. . . going to a TS and not having enough servers
. . . going to an eatery and being out of popular food
3) Then, your complaints would outnumber your applause.

SignguyTom
10-16-2011, 07:45 PM
1) Not practical
. . . planning manpower too difficult
. . . planning food supplies to tough
2) I could easily see
. . . going to a CS and having too many CM's
. . . going to a TS and not having enough servers
. . . going to an eatery and being out of popular food
3) Then, your complaints would outnumber your applause.

Do you mean to trade 2 CS credits for 1 TS meal?

Because this wouldn't hold true for the Flex DDP. TS meals are typically booked nearly 6 months in advance, & they don't know where you will use your CS credits. I don't see how it would require any extra planning or manpower whatsoever to implement the Flex DDP.