PDA

View Full Version : *Christmas Treats for Disney Basket

DisneyaHolic
10-12-2011, 10:37 PM
We are going on an adult-only trip the day after Christmas - this is a surprise for my husband for Christmas. I would like to make a really cool basket filled with items that will get him excited for our trip. Since the trip will be adult-only, I kow we will be doing different kinds of activities - I am especially excited to have a drink in every country in Epcot :beer: and eat at some nicer restaurants.

So, I could use your help. What kinds of fun things can I put in his basket?? ;)

Jennifer_and_Chris
10-13-2011, 06:17 AM
Maybe a customized passport to drinks around the world.

Or some thing from each WS country. Like a cd of music from off kilter, a pair of chopsticks for japan, a poncho (maybe even a rain poncho) from mexico, etc

What a great christmas gift

DNS
10-13-2011, 05:04 PM
For that time of year, maybe a Disney hoodie. You could order the vacation planning video from the Disney World web site. Look at disney store.com and maybe you will see things he might like.
Great idea!

Mousemates
10-14-2011, 12:00 AM
What kinds of fun things can I put in his basket?? ;)

Perhaps you could get creative on your computer and make him some personalized "fast passes" for various recreational options he might enjoy during your stay.

DisneyaHolic
10-14-2011, 07:25 PM
I just love your ideas!!

I think I will use them all. I love the idea of an item from the countries in Epcot.

Does anyone know where I can get Off Kilter music?

Any great source for customized passports for drinking around Epcot?

The fastpasses are a really fun idea! I will have to give some thought to some good "fastpass" activities.

I looked online at the Disney Store, and saw I can get a personalized hoodie - great idea!

Thanks tons, everyone! More ideas will also be welcome!

JPL
10-14-2011, 10:35 PM
If he likes coffee WDW sells a 4 pack of Holiday flavored coffees each little can makes 1 pot. They are actually quite tasty :coffee: :tasty: I'm sure you could order them

DisneyaHolic
10-22-2011, 01:00 PM
Any other great ideas for my hubby's Christmas basket? :D Loving the ideas that have come so far...

Kairi_7378
10-23-2011, 08:45 AM
A nice new pair of sunglasses? Perhaps a pin or two?

Where are you staying? You might be able to come up with something fun based on the resort theme.

disneydeb
10-23-2011, 10:11 AM
I just took the Segway tour about a week ago when we were there. It was so much fun!! Make reservations and put a "gift certifcate" showing the date and time for your adventure.
or maybe a Keys to the Kingdom tour.

Have fun planning!

DisneyaHolic
11-11-2011, 09:23 PM
Have loved all your ideas - thanks so much for taking the time to answer! Here is what I have so far:

* I have been visiting beer stores, and have beers from almost every country in the World Showcase (no Casa yet...);
* I got the Drink Around the World Showcase passports;
* I also got the Monorail Drink-a-Thon passports;
* I got a Disney World sweatshirt;
* I downloaded a map of our resort, and am working on a scavenger hunt;
* A rain poncho;
* I made some "fastpasses" for the water mice;
* Segway Tour reservations for the Fort Wilderness tour (we loved the Epcot one!);
* Some Oakleys

I am really enjoying creating the entire basket - it makes planning for the trip so much fun!

MinnieMommie
11-12-2011, 07:46 PM
What a nice idea! Your husband will be happily surprised. I have a couple of thoughts. The carriage ride around the Fort Wilderness Camp Ground would be very romantic. You might also consider checking out the Disney Florist online. You can have so many things delivered to the room including chocolates and sparkling wine. :mickey:

Mousemates
11-14-2011, 10:07 AM
I am really enjoying creating the entire basket - it makes planning for the trip so much fun!

one of the great things about a disney vacation is that you can get so much enjoyment out of it before you even leave...hope you all have a great trip.

TinkerbellT421
11-14-2011, 10:27 AM
Could always go to a book store and buy the "Disney for adults" book which is great fun! and could always get the Hidden Mickeys book if you want to do some searching while there. I know DBF and I loved it and have seen tons of adults doing it :)