PDA

View Full Version : First Time EE Rider - where to sit?

kjmelak
10-11-2011, 10:10 PM
I am gathering up my nerves to ride Expedition Everest on our trip next week.

Where should I sit to experience the LEAST amount of G's?

Thanks!

magicofdisney
10-11-2011, 10:15 PM
Probably in the middle. If you sit in the front, you'll feel heavy forces going backwards when you spiral back down the mountain. If you sit in the back, the drop is more dramatic coming out of the mountain.

WDWForever
10-12-2011, 07:53 AM
Middle since you're not pulled as much going either direction.

WDWdriver
10-12-2011, 08:04 AM
I agree with the previous posters. However, the best view is in the front.

Tygger7
10-12-2011, 09:38 AM
As others have said, probably the middle. If it helps at all, I HATE coasters & heights, but LOVE EE. I'll ride it multiple times and have sat in the front, middle, & back. Even though the drop looks big (to us non-coaster people), it's really not bad....it starts banking near the bottom and that really helps it not feel "extreme". Let's put it like this...the drop on Splash Mountain is much more terrifying for me. :D

joonyer
10-12-2011, 01:47 PM
Although there may be some measurable difference in G forces experienced depending on where in the train you are seated, I don't think those differences would be significant. All cars on the train travel the same path and since they are connected they are all traveling at the same speed. Because the train does change speeds during the attraction, slowing to a stop at the top for instance, all cars may not be traveling the exact same speed over every portion of the track, but the length of the trains are relatively short given the length of the entire track, so again those differences are probably not significant.

It's much more about your perception. Sitting on the very front is a thrill in it's own right, since you appear to nearly go over the edge of the mountain at the top (great views of the World). You'll usually have to wait in a separate line to get in the front seat, Sitting in the middle would tend to balance out any extremes you might sense at the front or rear of the train, especially since the EE trains travel both forward and backwards. The very front seat, becomes the rear seat (now facing backwards) during the backwards spiral portion of the ride.