PDA

View Full Version : What parade was this?

dinahvixen
10-10-2011, 05:37 PM
I was remembering a parade I saw as a little girl there in the Magic Kingdom where men would push small world dolls in wheeled cases as part of the parade. Seems to me they wore black striped shirts and kicked their heels up as they wheeled the dolls down the street. In my little girl remembrance, it was at night, but it may not have been This would have been likely in the late 70's Anyone remember?

Buttercup
10-10-2011, 07:00 PM
I'm thinking, if it was a nighttime parade, chances are it was the old version of the Main Street Electrical Parade - it ran at WDW in Florida from 1977 - 1991. But, Wikipedia doesn't mention anything about guys pushing Small World dolls in carts.

So... if it was a daytime parade at the Magic Kingdom, here are the names of the parades that were running in the 70's/early 80's. Maybe you can find something on youtube?
America on Parade (June 6, 1975 - September 6, 1976)
Mickey's 50th Birthday Parade (1978)
Dumbo's Circus Parade (January 2, 1979 - December 21, 1979)
Tencennial Parade (October 1, 1981 - September 30, 1982) A parade celebrating the 10th anniversary of Walt Disney World. Theme song was "Disney World is Your World".

Good luck in your search!

Darbylew
10-10-2011, 07:45 PM
I do not like the Main Street Electic parade. I
know my children grew up with this parade but Spectromagic parade is much better. When are they going to bring it back? Anyone know?

MickeysBestPal
10-10-2011, 08:07 PM
I do not like the Main Street Electic parade. I
know my children grew up with this parade but Spectromagic parade is much better.

1- When are they going to bring it back?

2- Anyone know?

1- That has not been announced.

2- I figure either
Spring 2012,
Fall 2012, or
Spring 2013.

JPL
10-10-2011, 08:18 PM
The Small World Dolls were part of the MSEP so your memory is correct it was at night :thumbsup:

dinahvixen
10-11-2011, 07:10 AM
Oh, thanks! I'll have to look that up to see if I can find a clip - I remember those guys looking like they were having so much fun!

badkitty
10-18-2011, 09:27 PM
I heard a rumor this weekend at Disneyland that the MSEP was moving back to DLR once the DCA reconstruction was complete. Just speculating but maybe once MSEP "goes home", SpectroMagic will return to WDW?

Main Street Jim
10-19-2011, 04:45 PM
I heard a rumor this weekend at Disneyland that the MSEP was moving back to DLR once the DCA reconstruction was complete. Just speculating but maybe once MSEP "goes home", SpectroMagic will return to WDW?*If* the floats get refurbished. They were in pretty, uhh...bad shape last I looked at them.

Last I knew, rumor was at the park (when I was working last year), that MSEP's going to Shanghai for their grand opening, Spectro would return to MK. Haven't seen or heard anything real definite though; I still have contacts in Entertainment :thumbsup:

badkitty
10-20-2011, 11:49 AM
*If* the floats get refurbished. They were in pretty, uhh...bad shape last I looked at them.

Last I knew, rumor was at the park (when I was working last year), that MSEP's going to Shanghai for their grand opening, Spectro would return to MK. Haven't seen or heard anything real definite though; I still have contacts in Entertainment :thumbsup:

Keep us posted Main Street Jim! :mickey: