PDA

View Full Version : Victoria & Albert's reviews?

Mogie
10-10-2011, 03:20 PM
Hey everyone,
Just booked Victoria & Albert's for a special occasion. I know this is THE restaurant at Disney World. Does anyone have a review to share? Does it live up to the hype?

I've been to Napa Rose, California Grill and Jiko. How does V&A stand against these great places?

faline
10-10-2011, 03:33 PM
I've eaten at all three of the restaurants you cite as well as Victoria & Albert's. There is no comparison between any of the other three to V&A's. Victoria & Albert's is the ultimate in luxurious dining with top-notch service and excellent food. It is very expensive but very special!

RichGuy
10-11-2011, 08:17 PM
If fine dining is your thing, V&A is in a different league from Cali Grill, Napa Rose, and Jiko.

Seriously, it's not even close. Just a totally different level of everything.

Mammabruski
10-11-2011, 08:28 PM
Totally odd question about V&A's... are there windows in the restaurant? The pictures I've seen don't seem to show any windows...

Basket Mommy
10-12-2011, 09:03 AM
I have only been there once, but it was the ultimate dining experience for me. I've never done anything like it. You get your own personal waiter! The service and food are beyond belief. My husband and I are doing the Chef's Table for our 16th anniversary in January and I cannot wait.

TheRustyScupper
10-12-2011, 10:54 AM
1) Jiko is not that great, so a poor comparison.
2) But, definitely well above Napa Rose.
3) V&A is a 5-Diamond and 4-Star eatery.
4) The service, presentation, taste are superb.

WDW TRIVIA: Although it is the only 5/4 rated eatery in Central Florida, it is not the most expensive eatery (per capita) in WDW. That honor goes to Flying Fish.

garymacd
10-12-2011, 12:08 PM
Prepare to be pampered!

I don't remember any windows, but, honestly we didn't need them. There was enough to stimulate all the senses without outside interference. Harp and piano music so beautiful it took me about 15 minutes to realise I was listening to Disney classics.

Eight courses of the best food I have ever eaten (except for the fish - I don't like fish. I ate it anyway. I was paying for it, after all)

Wine pairing was extra, but so worth it. There were stories and explanations on the food and the wine with which it was paired.

Attentive wait staff, who were friendly and knowledgeable but did not stay around to interfere with your eating pleasure. They must have been watching from behind a curtain because the dirty dishes didn't linger on the table very long.

If you check out the menus in the info central tab, you will see our menu from our 25th anniversary dinner. It's just over five years old, but it will give you an idea of the food you can expect.

Even if you don't drink coffee, order the coffee. It is a show in itself!

Be prepared to spend at least two, maybe three hours for you meal.

We wanted to go this past May for our 30th anniversary, but we couldn't get a reservation. We had to settle for Artist's Point, which was great, but not V&A great. I am going to have to look seriously at booking a table for four for November 2013. There looks to be a Disney wedding in our family's future, and I want to let our daughter and new son-in-law experience this. It will probably have to be dinner for five (maybe six) because our other daughter won't want to be left out.