PDA

View Full Version : My ADR on free dining

Crow
10-10-2011, 09:51 AM
we arrive in 2 wks (Oct 24) on free dining Mon-Epcot, use some snack credits at F&W booths. 7PM ADR Nine Dragons
Tues _Hoopde doo at 930 Cat 1 using 4total credits(first time here)
Wed-Cape May Buffet at 7:55 using 2 total credits (first time here)
Thurs- probably using some CS and maybe MNSSHP at night
Fri Universal so will use some CS credits before or after.
Sat- Artist Pt at 5:35 using 4 total credits
That is the plan using our 12 Sitdown credits.
Dont have any CS planned for sure but i have some ideas
Some snack credits I plan on using at F&W
Any recent feedback on these places appreciated

darthmacho
10-10-2011, 10:14 AM
Thanks for sharing your plans!

Mon- 7PM ADR Nine Dragons - I think this place is highly underrated. Enjoy!

Tues _Hoopde doo at 930 Cat 1 using 4total credits(first time here) - Great show with delicious food.

Wed-Cape May Buffet at 7:55 using 2 total credits (first time here)

Thurs- probably using some CS and maybe MNSSHP at night - My favorite part of MNSSHP is the parade.

Fri Universal so will use some CS credits before or after. - Horror Nights is AWESOME!

Sat- Artist Pt at 5:35 using 4 total credits - My favorite restaurant in the entire world, not just WDW!

lovin'fl
10-10-2011, 01:18 PM
Mon- 7PM ADR Nine Dragons Sounds good,though never been but want toTues-Hoopde doo at 930 Cat 1 using 4total credits(first time here) Been twice and LOVE it...free sangria and beerWed-Cape May Buffet at 7:55 using 2 total credits (first time here) Been once and LOVE it too...very yummySat- Artist Pt at 5:35 using 4 total credits Been once and was NOT impressed at all.

Scar
10-10-2011, 01:40 PM
Sat- Artist Pt at 5:35 using 4 total credits - My favorite restaurant in the entire world, not just WDW!

Sat- Artist Pt at 5:35 using 4 total credits Been once and was NOT impressed at all. Contradictions like this seem to be the norm now for many WDW restaurants (and I suppose restaurants in general.) My expierience at Artist Point 7 years ago was A+.

Disney4us2
10-10-2011, 02:14 PM
They all sound good.
The only one I have been to is the Cape May Cafe for dinner. I love it, one of our favorites.

lovin'fl
10-10-2011, 04:53 PM
Contradictions like this seem to be the norm now for many WDW restaurants (and I suppose restaurants in general.) My expierience at Artist Point 7 years ago was A+.

Yeah...so true. My SIL and BIL love Artist Point. We don't. My FIL and MIL love Liberty Tree Tavern and my SIL and BIL hated that place. And we find we may LOVE a place the first time we go and then not like it so much the next time.

tinksmom02
10-10-2011, 08:01 PM
I haven't been to any of your choices, but we're trying Cape May for the first time in November. I think they all sounds great, have a wonderful time!

Crow
10-10-2011, 09:00 PM
yes i see varying opinions on places too. and i know there are places ive had great meals at, then only so so
had AP booked last trip but cancelled to save $.
but i had liked it on previous visits.
there are still some places i havent tried suprisingly, so this time im trying 2 new places.

Stickey
10-13-2011, 12:56 PM
Artist Point was excellent in September. The service was outstanding.

Crow
10-16-2011, 08:19 AM
looking forward to AP again.
I was thinking of cancelling poss Nine Dragons and Cape May and goin w another signature, but cant get CG or the castle.
I was afraid w my current ADRs and all the CS credits i have to use, along w snacking at F&W fest it might be too much.
I dont know about trying Citricos maybe...

Checkers
10-16-2011, 08:29 AM
looking forward to AP again.
I was thinking of cancelling poss Nine Dragons and Cape May and goin w another signature, but cant get CG or the castle.
I was afraid w my current ADRs and all the CS credits i have to use, along w snacking at F&W fest it might be too much.
I dont know about trying Citricos maybe...

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe Cape May Cafe is considered a signature restaurant and therefore would only be 1TS. Oh, btw, it is one of our very favorites!

Crow
10-16-2011, 07:18 PM
no i meant cancelling the 1 TS of both Nine Dragons and Cape May, and using those 2 TS credits on another signature.Im starting to think it will b too many meals. that way it would be 1 meal instead of 2, since we will also have 6 CS.
Im not sure wat to go with..right now there she has pneumonia, so there might b a chance the trip wont happen

Checkers
10-16-2011, 07:29 PM
no i meant cancelling the 1 TS of both Nine Dragons and Cape May, and using those 2 TS credits on another signature.Im starting to think it will b too many meals. that way it would be 1 meal instead of 2, since we will also have 6 CS.
Im not sure wat to go with..right now there she has pneumonia, so there might b a chance the trip wont happen

oops, I re-read your post! Know what you mean about too much food and we have in the past just did the signature and it worked out well. Hope she improves and you are able to make the trip. Keep us posted.

Kairi_7378
10-16-2011, 08:35 PM
Crow, I hope that your fiance gets well soon.

I think you'll be happy with AP. I noticed a big improvement over our last visit 4 years ago.

I know that when we had made all of our ADRs and were down to a few weeks before our trip, I started to over-think them all. I had to remind myself that I had made these reservations for a reason, and to stick with my gut feeling. But...

That being said, my husband, 3 year-old son, and I recently had a 5-night stay and ate at 3 sit down meals on our recent trip. No one felt hungry. I know that the 2TS places aren't the "best" use of the DDP but we feel that using the plan this way is a good way to spread out the meals and really enjoy them. We split many of the CS meals, too. I think that you'd be able to do that with F&W snacks. So if you could get an ADR for Citrico's I'd consider making the switch.

Crow
10-17-2011, 12:14 AM
cancelled Nine Dragons and Cape May
picked up SciFi for lunch wed and Coral Reef for lunch THursday
figured that would give her some diff atmospheres to try.
So we will go to Epcot Monday and use snack credits at the booths,Tues go to MK, maybe a counter service at Pop or at MK then HoopdeDoo.
Wed HS, lunch at SciFi then maybe Downtown Dis
Thurs, Epcot, Coral Reef lunch and MNSSHP
Friday Universal. prob a CS bfast
Sat undecided, dinner at AP
and i hope shes better also. she was admitted to hospital w her pneumonia, dehydration. and a possible reaction to medication. I said that maybe we should cancel, but she says no.

pdrlkr
10-17-2011, 07:48 PM
They all sound great! :eat: