PDA

View Full Version : Must Do's

Luv4WDW
10-10-2011, 08:26 AM
I have been to Disney several times and have done (pretty much) all of the common things. We just booked our next trip for August and I want to know what things are must do's that a lot of people don't know about? There are SO many things at Disney I feel like I will never EVER see and do everything!

ImagiAsh
10-10-2011, 09:09 AM
One thing that qualifies as a MUST DO for me would be grabbing an ice cream cookie sandwich at the Ice Cream Parlor on Main Street at the Magic Kingdom. They use large chocolate chip cookies to make the sandwich, so it ends up being quite an experience to eat. I usually grab one on my last night at Disney.

Mousemates
10-10-2011, 09:31 AM
if you have kids, go to AKL one evening and (maybe after a meal at Boma) use the night vision equipment to view the animals...my DS thought it was super cool. (And while your there do the hidden mickey safari)

Order the kitchen sink at beaches and cream and make it a family project.

watch fireworks from the beach at the Poly (preferably after eating sticky wings at the Kona)

Take the time to enjoy the street entertainers at the boardwalk and rent a a surrey bike to pedal around the lake.

dmosher
10-10-2011, 09:15 PM
A few of my favorite Must Do's!

If you are going as a couple, wait out the crowds after Illuminations in EPCOT, it is worth it to walk the countries arm in arm pretty much all alone, very romantic.

Ride up front in the monorail. It sounds silly but it is very cool and if you time it right as the fireworks are going off at a park it is worth it!

Take your time. Really. No matter how much you think you "have to do" it is much less fun when you are runnign and too exhausted to enjoy it, or stressing over which ride or show you are missing because you are trying to enjoy the one you onr in now.

Hotel Scavenger hunts. Most of the on property hotels have them and they are a fun break form the crowds and the parks.

Enchanted Tiki Room. Now that it is back I can recommend it again. Go see it, especially if you have never been to Disneyland as this is as close as you will get to the original attraction. Plus it is just a fun, relaxing show and a great way to cool down.

Take pictures with Characters. What .. I'm an adult. So what? Seriously, you already have lots of Main Street pics and a few of you in front of the castle, but you can nto go wrong getting a few shots with Mickey or even less poplular characters. Sure your friends will groan at you when they see them, but trust me when I say it will make you smile seeing yourself pating plutos head or posing with Stitch for years to come!

Hope that helps and if I think of any others I will add it to the list!

D

LudwigVonDrake
10-11-2011, 06:29 AM
I had my first turkey leg last summer and now I must say that they are must dos!!! Yummy :tasty:

Tygger7
10-11-2011, 08:48 AM
A few of my favorite Must Do's!

Ride up front in the monorail. It sounds silly but it is very cool and if you time it right as the fireworks are going off at a park it is worth it!

D

Since the monorail accident, they no longer allow guest to ride up front. Doesn't sound like the option will ever come back based on what I've read.

Dulcee
10-11-2011, 09:03 AM
Since the monorail accident, they no longer allow guest to ride up front. Doesn't sound like the option will ever come back based on what I've read.

Seriously? That makes me very very sad.

c&d
10-11-2011, 10:11 AM
Spending the day just hanging out at our resort. We tend to do this on days when MK is open to 1:00am. It makes for a really relaxing day.

Parasailing or fishing on Bay Lake. We've done both of those and they are really fun. Surfing lessons, although you have to get up really early it was fun and then we spent the entire day at the water park.

We haven't been to shows for a couple of years. We started going to them again and remembered how much fun they are to watch.

Playing checkers in the lobby of the VWL at night.

Tygger7
10-11-2011, 12:08 PM
Seriously? That makes me very very sad.

Yep, unfortunately it's 100% true. I'm very grateful that we got to sit up front (for the first & last time) during our May 2008 trip. I highly doubt the option will come back for fear of liability issues should something ever happen again.

LVT
10-11-2011, 05:58 PM
Ride BTMR under a starry sky.
Watch wishes from various locations like behind the castle or from the ferry boat.
Check out the MR POTATO HEAD parts.
Check out the ever expanding lego world.
Ride all types of transportation at least once.
View Illuminations from a different vantage point. Last time we were in La Hacienda.

boston2k11
10-11-2011, 08:33 PM
For me I must see Fantasmic:thumbsup:missed it last trip but not the next one

eire
10-11-2011, 09:32 PM
If you have the time, spend one whole day in the middle of your trip at your resort. No parks, no waterparks, etc. Swim, relax, shop in your resort's stores, dine there, etc. Everyone's batteries get re-charged and at the end of the trip, you will be so happy you did this! It is seriously the one day of the trip that feels like a real vacation for me : )

mainemajor
10-11-2011, 09:54 PM
Lose your adult inhabitions. Don't be afraid of interacting with the charaters and street acts. It's so much fun and when you are doing this you not only are having fun for yourself but also for those that are watching you - only wishing they had the courage to do what you are doing.

My boys, now in their twenties, learned long ago that I was there to have fun, too. They knew they could volunteer me for most anything and be only too happy to do whatever. Together we all have memories that you can not buy - you have to have lived and done.

It's WDW - Enjoy yourself and don't look back!

cmccorkle20
10-12-2011, 11:14 AM
Searching for Hidden Mickey's is something that can bring new life to some of the attractions and resorts that you have been through numerous times before. Not only will you find Hidden Mickey's in your search, but you will find many more details that you may have never seen before! Some of my favorites are in the Haunted Mansion!

joonyer
10-12-2011, 01:24 PM
Our family's must dos.

1. Ride Splash Mountain after dark. Preferably during Wishes. (with a full moon moon is even better). This adds a whole new level of Magic to our favorite attraction.

2. We have boys, so a long visit to Tom Sawyer Island is always on our list. They love it, and DW and I chill out on the porch in the rocking chairs while the boys go exploring.

3. Go see Flights of Wonder at AK. This bird show is overlooked by most people, but it is great well worth your time and very entertaining.

4. Experience the Pangani Forest Trail and Maharajah Jungle Trek at Animal kingdom. Again these are often overlooked by most guests so they are never crowded and very interesting.

5. Have a Casey's Corner Hot Dog (I know, they are not as good as they used to be), while watching Wishes from Main Street. This is my favorite WDW experience. The essence of the Disney magic for me.

jillluvsdisney
10-12-2011, 07:50 PM
For my upcoming trip it will be

Soarin at least twice
Impressions de France
Test Track
Illuminations
Toy Story Mania (I've never done it)
Tower of Terror
Beauty and the Beast
Art of Animation (so cool)
Mickey's Philharmagic
Buzz Lightyear
POTC
Dole Whips (I'm a convert now)
Wishes (on my birthday:pixie:)
Electric Light Parade
Kilamanjaro Safari
EE
FOTK

dmosher
10-12-2011, 08:45 PM
Our family's must dos.

1. Ride Splash Mountain after dark. Preferably during Wishes. (with a full moon moon is even better). This adds a whole new level of Magic to our favorite attraction.

2. We have boys, so a long visit to Tom Sawyer Island is always on our list. They love it, and DW and I chill out on the porch in the rocking chairs while the boys go exploring.

3. Go see Flights of Wonder at AK. This bird show is overlooked by most people, but it is great well worth your time and very entertaining.

4. Experience the Pangani Forest Trail and Maharajah Jungle Trek at Animal kingdom. Again these are often overlooked by most guests so they are never crowded and very interesting.

5. Have a Casey's Corner Hot Dog (I know, they are not as good as they used to be), while watching Wishes from Main Street. This is my favorite WDW experience. The essence of the Disney magic for me.

It's liek you took page from my last trip! Though I have never had a hotdog during the firworks, nor ridden Splash Mountain at night. Adding that to the "to do" list for my trip in 2 days.

D

PlutoToo
10-12-2011, 09:26 PM
Drawing a character in DHS animation academy.:thumbsup: