PDA

View Full Version : Problems With Disney Store.com?

Red Randal
10-08-2011, 11:23 PM
Is anyone else having a problem adding items to their shopping cart on the Disney Store website?

We're trying to order a Halloween costume while their sale is going on and every time we click to add to the cart, the screen darkens and freezes. Tried with other items and get the same result, so it's not just that the size or item is sold out.

Hopefully they fix it while things are still 40% off! :mad:

DizneyRox
10-09-2011, 06:40 AM
You're not the only one with ds.com issues it seems: http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=185881

SBETigg
10-09-2011, 08:44 AM
Yes, I started that other thread. Their site is a mess and needs serious tech help. I completely share your frustration.

Basket Mommy
10-09-2011, 09:13 AM
Can you call to place your order?

Patricia
10-09-2011, 10:43 AM
I wonder what they have done to mess the site up? Hopefully they fix it in time for Christmas shoppers!

tinksmom02
10-09-2011, 07:38 PM
I spent three hours last Saturday trying to place on order. I got the darkened screen thing, but was able to get around that by clicking on "quick view" and then adding the item to my cart that way. :secret: Was going along just fine until I lost everything in the cart. :mad: Added everything back again (we're talking 25 items!), to find out that my cart had been saved, so I had to delete half of what was in there! Then it wouldn't accept my credit card AND kept logging me off. :mad: Finally I called customer service, and, like others, was given no apology or explanation. Do you how long it takes to place an order for 25 items that all read like this: 346590000007888--having to count all those zeroes!!!

BUT, I've also been experiencing problems with the WDW site--I constantly have to re-enter my reservation & ADR numbers, which to me totally defeats the purpose of using an online planner. And my "you'll be here in..." sign was stuck on 54 days for, like, 2 months.

Sue2
01-29-2012, 06:15 AM
*** AVOID PURCHASING ANYTHING from Disney ***

*** Empty Promises THAT are BASED on Fairy Dust ***

Disney Store rips me out of $10 with a refund that TAKES BACK a $10 online gift card THAT WAS ISSUED ON January 20th, as Disney Store stated, "For your inconvenience of not receiving an email addressing your opportunity..."

I could not be more angry with Disney Store. On the 19th of January they said my Order (which was placed December 23rd) was On Its Way! The tracking number provided on the 19th said the shipment was delivered on January 3rd. Disney Store staffer, Whitney, stated a week ago that she would have an answer for me in 1-2 business days. January 26th was the 5th business day and I have not heard from her and my last to emails have not been responded to.

On January 29th, Whitney finally responds by email stating she is subtracting $10 from a refund where the $10 initially issued as a $10 online gift card as I mentioned above.

It is obvious to me that Disney Store's Magical Day Wishes are consistently Empty Promises that in truth are based on Fairy Dust.

At this point, I would STRONGLY advise ALL CUSTOMERS TO AVOID PURCHASING ANYTHING from the Disney Store.

DizneyRox
01-29-2012, 06:53 AM
I have opted to just stop shopping at Disney until their merchandise quality changes. I did this years ago though, and I don't feel like I'm missing anything, except a little pang in my stomach when the credit card bill comes.