PDA

View Full Version : INTERCOT Insider Live App Now Available in Android Marketplace!

Melanie
10-08-2011, 08:57 PM
John has hooked up all you Android users out there! :thumbsup:

INTERCOT Insider Live App (https://market.android.com/details?id=com.podbeanapp297790)

Now it's a lot easier and more convenient for those on the Android system to listen. Thanks John! :notworth:

And before the 'where's the iPhone app?' questions begin, remember we have iTunes, where it's darn convenient as it is to get our fix. Right now, John decided to address the most pressing need.

jennbunn
10-09-2011, 11:33 PM
added it to my phone today : ) Thanks to all of you for putting out the podcast!!!

Disney4us2
10-10-2011, 02:28 PM
I added it on my Droid. Very easy to play.:mickey:

IloveJack
10-10-2011, 05:12 PM
Thank you! Thank you!

MegaDisney
10-10-2011, 11:49 PM
Already downloaded!

Thanks John!

John
10-11-2011, 09:51 AM
Thanks everyone - if you can do me a favor and rate the app in the marketplace, I'd appreciate it!

Disney Hungarian
10-11-2011, 10:01 AM
Thanks everyone - if you can do me a favor and rate the app in the marketplace, I'd appreciate it!

I gave it 5 stars because it worked and that is awesome for a new app. :thumbsup:

John
10-11-2011, 10:23 AM
I gave it 5 stars because it worked and that is awesome for a new app. :thumbsup:

LOL - Always good for an app to actually work. We did keep it simple though, and that's by design. It's made to do one thing and one thing well. Listen to/stream the podcast and make it easy to download if you go in areas where you might not have coverage.

2Epcot
10-11-2011, 01:11 PM
We did keep it simple though, and that's by design. It's made to do one thing and one thing well. Listen to/stream the podcast and make it easy to download if you go in areas where you might not have coverage.

I downloaded this App several days ago. I'm still pretty new to Android, I've only had my phone since July. I do download a lot of podcasts, and usually on Android, I have a notification at the top that tells me it is downloading, and the progress. On this App, once I put it in the background I haven't seen any notifications ... There is no way to see the progress, unless I'm missing something.

I prefer to download podcast rather than stream them, since I have a 45 minute commute. I don't like when things drop out, especially when I'm driving.

The streaming works great on the App. So far I haven't got the downloading to work for me. Most of the time I put the download in the background, but don't know when or if it finishes. The few times I have tried to watch the download, the application has quit.

Nothing has showed up in my media player, where my other downloads appear, so maybe it not working for me. I'll keep trying. I have no problem downloading them directly from the Intercot website.

John
10-11-2011, 05:35 PM
There is some definate quirkiness with the "in the background" function - and I also noticed on the normal download, it looks like it quits at about 50% and then goes back to zero... but really, if you leave it, it finishes.

I was able to get everything downloaded and even if left go, was able to let the in the background run and complete (though like you said, there isn't any indicator it's doig something).

I think the key is - you need tokep the app open.

I'd much prefer it ran as a true background app and showed in the taskbar but it is what it is right now. I'm going to make suggestions to the developer and we'll go from there.

Really appreciate you taking time to comment!

DisneyKim22
10-23-2011, 07:39 PM
Thank you!!!! Since work blocks all sites that could potentially be entertaining, I was never able to listen at work - now I can!!

I listened to the latest podcast again just to make sure everything worked well - couldn't ask for a better experience. THANK YOU!!!

John
10-23-2011, 09:07 PM
Hi Kim:

Be sure to rate the app in the Marketplace when you get a chance. We really appreciate the feedback!

JOHN

Disney Hungarian
10-24-2011, 10:31 AM
I downloaded the episode 24 last night. I was happily listening to it this morning for about 10 minutes. Then it stopped playing. It had not downloaded the entire podcast. I tried to delete the episode. The app had problems deleting the episode and would only complete the process after exiting. I opened the app and started downloading it again. Fingers crossed. I had no probs with episode 23 so maybe this is just an odd occurance.

John
10-24-2011, 11:11 AM
Wondering if you got caught up in the middle of the mess I created yesterday. I was having problems posting episode 24 and then when it did go up, there were about 5 copies and I had to delete and repost.

I think I got the issue solved but I wondered if it was going to be a problem for some folks who jumped on the download quick ;)

Disney Hungarian
10-24-2011, 11:34 AM
Thanks John,
That must've been what happened. I am listening to the entire podcast now. :thumbsup: