PDA

View Full Version : Bart Simpson loses pocket money

Zawadi
10-08-2011, 07:43 AM
Fox announced that it could not continue to commssion "The Simpsons" under the current salary contracts in place.

The cast have agreed to a 2 year paycut for seasons 24 and 25

Melanie
10-08-2011, 08:16 AM
Obviously people love this show, but I don't get it. WHY is it still on the air?

My husband used to watch all the time, and we even have some DVDs of earlier seasons, but even he's lost interest.

Ian
10-08-2011, 11:10 AM
I guess people are still watching it, but yeah ... I used to love this show but it's just so over, ya know? Time to move on.

I find it sort of sad that great new shows like Jericho and Lie to Me can't find an audience (or a TV exec with enough guts to give them time to find one) yet a played out series like the Simpsons is still on the air.

I think it's just further reinforcement that the entertainment industry is on a steep decline.

2Epcot
10-08-2011, 01:18 PM
The actors for the Simpsons are the highest paid voice actors anywhere. Granted, the show has been on a long time, and has made a lot of money for Fox, but the ratings certainly aren't where they used to be.

When one episode is costing 5 million to produce, the ad revenues don't cover the cost, there has to be some cost cutting or cancellation. I think many want to see the show at least make it to 25 years. The show is already the longest running comedy in US history. No other show will ever make it that long. Fox will make far more off the show in syndication, then making more new episodes.

DizneyRox
10-08-2011, 01:20 PM
Both sides look bad IMHO

$300,000 per episode for your voice isn't the worst job you could have.

And Fox has really raked in the dough on the Simpsons, they can't cry poverty over the $440,000 per episode they were originally getting.

Kudo's for the actors to say don't feel bad about us losing our jobs (which didn't happen), but really. Corporate greed really make me sick sometimes.

But the reality is, I couldn't care less about the Simpsons. Haven't watch them since they were on the Tracy Ulman show.