PDA

View Full Version : Dining review from 9/16 - 9/24

mickey_M_lvr
10-06-2011, 03:04 PM
Sorry it's a lil late...trying to catch up after a vaca is not as fun as taking the vaca! :mickey:

We were on the DDxDp so we tried some new places.... Here we go!

Sept 16: (Lunch) Rose & Crown was for lunch.. this was our first time here. It was pretty good. Apps were ok..Hubby had meat & cheese tray and said it was "ehh" while I had the apple frisee salad and I say "OK". Hubby and I both had fish & chips for an entree. We both thought it was very good. Dessert..Hubby was trying to be good and had the NSA berry trifle it was tasty..I tried sticky toffee pudding...also VERY tasty.
(Dinner): Nine Dragons....this was not the experience we have had in the past. Food was not good. Service was worse. We are gonna skip this meal all together. :sick:

Sept 17: Breakfast was Ohana's and was very delish. Service was good...Charactors were great. Loved the pineapple bread. YUM!
Dinner was Boma's which was new to us. We loved all the different foods. Watermelon rind salad stands out and HELLO zebra domes. :cloud9:

Sept 18: Breakfast was at Kona cafe'...yet another first... we were looking forward to TONGA toast. What a dissapointment. It was hard and only semi warm. Coffee was delish..but I don't know that we will be back for the Tonga toast. Sorry guys! Dinner was Whispering Canyon Cafe' ....This was the first time I had witnessed the Ketchup routine. Too funny. Hubby had pot roast and I had meatloaf...both very good. We both had the Smore dessert...the chocolate was a lil funky..but good.

Sept 19: Early lunch at Sci-Fi diner...was a nice change of pace. I forgot how cheesy the movies were. LOL But honestly good food.
Dinner was Hollywood & Vine....this was "ehh" at best. Nothing exciting..nothing outstanding.

Sept 20: Breakfast @ 1900 Park Fare. This was interesting. I am not really sure how the food is as I only got to the buffet once for a lil strawberry soup (Yumm-O BTW) and a mickey waffle. The characters came by all one after the other and then we were handed our check and ushered out the door almost. Characters were ok..I feel that we were looked over b/c were are 2 adults. :( Dinner was Libery Tree Tavern and it never dissappoints. VERY TASTY! I was a lil nervous about the new dessert..but it was good.

Sept 21: Dinner was Spirit of Aloha....food here is reaaly good. I was shocked. I only wish they would have started the dancing a little sooner.

Sept 22: Kinda slowing down on ADR's...We only made a dinner ressie for Via Napoli. This was the best meal we had the entire trip. The pizza is wonderful and the pasta was great too. This is a great addition to EPCOT!

Sept 23: Breakfast @ Norway with the Princesses...a first for us...I loved this place. The food was great..interaction was wonderful. Snow White asked me if I met my Prince at a wishing well too. I told her I met him online....it's the wishing well of today. She giggled and said she would have to look into that. TOO CUTE!
Lunch was Germany Biergarten..always good food and a good time.
Dinner as Garden Grill (another first for us) and we loved it also. Food was fresh and delish. Great service and Characters were very interactive. LOVED IT! It's a new must.

Welp that is all...we ending our visit on a much higher note than we started...at least food wise. :thumbsup:

gardenia
10-06-2011, 07:13 PM
Thanks for the reviews!

I have to agree with you on the Tonga Toast, they no longer make it the way they used to... it's a disappointment... but the pineapple macadamia pancakes are to-die-for, if you ever go back.

Gator
10-06-2011, 08:03 PM
Good grief, you ate a ton! I can barely handle the 1 Cs 1 TS plan. All that TS would've made me go bolemic. Funny, though - every place you mentioned made me hungy.

Zebra Domes are great, aren't they? I had them when we stayed at Kidani a few year back, and they were a highlight. And Norway is my fav, so I'm glad to see you really enjoyed it.

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-07-2011, 09:52 AM
Loved your reviews, sorry you were disappointed in Kona. I ordered the Tonga toast last time and thought it was pretty good but the standout turned out to be my mom's macadamia nut pancakes...yum

TheDuckRocks
10-07-2011, 10:24 AM
One question - What new dessert at Liberty Tree Tavern???
Thanks for the review.

Belle_0717
10-07-2011, 01:44 PM
DH & I felt the same way about our breakfast at 1900 Park Fare. We are thinking about trying it next year with our daughters. Hoping the interaction will be better. Don't they know we are all KIDS - big or small!!!

mickey_M_lvr
10-07-2011, 02:49 PM
One question - What new dessert at Liberty Tree Tavern???
Thanks for the review.

The dessert use to be an apple cobbler alamode... It's now...Johnny Appleseed’s Cake
featuring Ocean Spray® Craisins® BRAND
Tavern-made White Cake filled with Apples and Craisins® Dried Cranberries,
topped with Ice Cream

Pretty good!

TheDuckRocks
10-07-2011, 03:51 PM
Thank you. I think that sounds good, but then I love Craisins.

shortcake311
10-08-2011, 01:14 AM
Dinner as Garden Grill (another first for us) and we loved it also. Food was fresh and delish. Great service and Characters were very interactive. LOVED IT! It's a new must.

What was the dessert? I heard they had changed it to a strawberry/reubarb. Unfortunately, my husband is allergic to strawberries, so I'm hoping it is something different from that. :)

Thanks!

MinnieMommie
10-08-2011, 07:00 AM
Loved your reviews...lots of good meals. Thanks! :mickey:

darthmacho
10-08-2011, 07:46 AM
Great reviews. You've got me psyched to try Via Napoli in 2012!

Katzateer
10-08-2011, 08:27 AM
Sounds like you had some great food. Sorry to hear about the Tonga Toast. I had that happen once and asked the server to bring me a fresh HOT one. I told her I only get my Tonga Toast once a year. As long as you are nice, the server was very nice about it.

mickey_M_lvr
10-10-2011, 10:54 AM
What was the dessert? I heard they had changed it to a strawberry/reubarb. Unfortunately, my husband is allergic to strawberries, so I'm hoping it is something different from that. :)

Thanks!

Our was an apple cobbler ala' mode. It was really good. I am sure you can always let the server know of the allergy. Disney is great about that.