PDA

View Full Version : Tony's Town Square Restaurant

BeccaO
10-06-2011, 10:37 AM
I am looking for some opinions on Tony's from anybody that may have been there for dinner in the past few months. Looking to make an ADR, but I have not been there in years. If anybody can help me by telling me how the food was, if the service was good and how the atmosphere is? Any information would be greatly appreciated!!! :mickey:

brivers222
10-06-2011, 10:40 AM
I have been there in 2004 and then again in 2010... both times the only constant in regards to the people eating there was me.... and EVERYONE refuses to go back lol

idk, to me the food was dry and just not all that exciting. Sure its in MK and their aren't that many sit down style places... but its still not good.

the one bright spot was that the waitresses let us go out on the patio to watch the Halloween Parade... Food not good at all.

Butters
10-06-2011, 11:18 AM
I agree first and last time there was terrible. Service was fine, but my DW and I got the chicken Parma and the lasagna. Each tasted like a TV dinner they warmed up and put on a plate. :ack:

To put my opinion in perspective we have no complaints about any of the other TS meals we've had at the world.

WDWForever
10-06-2011, 12:00 PM
I was there for dinner end of Aug 2011. Food was okay, nothing spectacular. We didn't have reservation but they got us in fast anyways. Waitress was slow because the place was crowded which is the norm since its one of the handful of table services in MK.

Ms. Mode
10-06-2011, 12:13 PM
We love Tony's! We were there in January 2011 and we sat on the veranda, it was lovely! We also enjoy the food, the steak is 'ok'; can you get better in WDW...yes...but the spaghetti is really good there, and the service is too. :thumbsup:

Lisaj13
10-06-2011, 01:54 PM
My two daughters and I were at Tony's in August for lunch. I had baked ziti and my girls had chicken parmigiana and a caesar salad. We all enjoyed our main courses.

For dessert I had the pineapple cheesecake (which came with Lady and the Tramp on the plate in chocolate - very cute) and the girls had the ice cream bomb, which came with a candle because one of my girls was celebrating her birthday. Again, the desserts were very good.
Our server was pleasant and attentive.

I thought that the atmosphere was nice, but the big plus was air conditioning! The heat and humidity of Florida in August was something we hadn't experienced before.

I would be happy to eat at Tony's again.

phlo8810
10-06-2011, 02:15 PM
I was at Tony's last November and while the food was not spectacular overall I would say it was a good time. We usually eat at the signature restaurants but we wanted to stay close for the EMP. While you can't compare it to the upper escalon of WDW restaurants it did hold it's own and we would think about going back there in the future.

paragon
10-06-2011, 02:49 PM
We were going to try it. Had a reservation, they blew it! We checked in, and then waited...and waited....and waited, finally after 30 I sent my wife to check on it. They had put us on" hold" which then led to a discussion...we went across to guest services, wound up with a new reservation at any other restaurant, courtesy of Tonys....but there's more to this story, but I won't drag that out here..I don't think we will be trying Tony's again. DW and I are both from customer service related jobs, and once a place gives us a bad experience, we are finished with them for good.
No more Tony's for us...

Crow
10-06-2011, 04:05 PM
tried it for the first time last trip. Had ADR, waited a bit, service was ok. Food nothing that great. atmosphere not that great. just my opinion but I dont think I will eat here again.

AllDisney
10-06-2011, 04:52 PM
It's just an OK dining experience. We eat there every other trip or so:mickey:

jillluvsdisney
10-06-2011, 04:59 PM
Have eaten there many times in the past few years. Service and food haqve always been good. Last August we even got FP for waiting past our ADR time, which was only about 10 miuntes. I like Tony's. It always gets a bad rep here on INTERCOT

DVC2004
10-06-2011, 05:25 PM
We had a really great server, he was so funny and was joking around, was great with my boys. The food was nothing to write home about. It wasn't bad...just not memorable. We haven't gone since. It's a shame because that was probably the best server we've encountered at WDW...he food could really use a shot in the arm.

faline
10-06-2011, 07:19 PM
We've had mixed experiences at this location. We had a wonderful lunch and tried dinner which I though was mediocre. I will say that we've always had excellent service here. This used to be one of my most favorite breakfast spots but, sadly, they don't even do breakfast any more!

DisneyRN
10-06-2011, 07:54 PM
I love Tony's! :number1:

I have very fond memories of going there as a child. And, now on every trip, it is our staple "go-to" place for lunch on our first day at the MK.

I believe it is the ambience, as the food isn't the best I have ever had. But, sentiment mixed with eating at the base of Main Street creates a certain atmosphere that cannot be recreated anywhere else! At least, not IMHO! :thumbsup:

wdwfansince75
10-06-2011, 09:07 PM
DW and I ate there in July. While we had had decent experiences there on previous trips, the food this time was disappointing. The sauce was watery and salty. Service, as in the past, was good, but not good enough to overcome the diasppointing meal. We will probably skip Tony's for the next trip.

Really used to enjoy their breakfast, especially the sticky buns...and enjoyed their gelato on several trips, but this time, we were frankly do disappointed, we even skipped desert.

dismommy
10-06-2011, 11:37 PM
Eating at Tony's has always been a tradition in our Disney trips, from the first time to went with my Mom and sisters, too my honeymoon and so on, but this trip we will not be going back. Last November I got food poisoning at Tony's (It had to be there I told the wait staff shrimp didn't taste right and they took my plate to basically reheat it and bring it back, took one more bite once brought back and no go). Paid for the meal, tip etc, several hours later I was sick for a a day and a half and when I tried to address the issue with Tony's the original response was basically what are you trying to say and then the managers response was well you're better now. All restaurants have this experience sometimes with bad food it was the attitude the irked me.

EeyoresBestFriend
10-07-2011, 03:31 PM
I thought that the atmosphere was nice, but the big plus was air conditioning! The heat and humidity of Florida in August was something we hadn't experienced before.

I couldn't help but laugh when one of your reasons for being the restaurant advocate was because of air conditioning!! :silly:

Your other reasons were great, I just liked the A/C idea best!! :D

Jeffybob
10-15-2011, 01:34 PM
Had a meal at Tonys' on 10/2 ... the food was so-so but we had a great Server wno connected with us ... always a plus!

Like many of the other posters, we have been to Tony's many times and when at the MK, the sit down dining options are limited.

We ate there since we were attending the Mickey's Not so Scary Halloween Party, so it was the best option.

The place was packed and they turned out table in an hour which was great as the dining experience was not really the point. That being said, the next time around I would rethink Tony's are a dining destination and based on what our day/night looked like, would likely opt for another place outside the MK. There are plenty to choose from.

One of our favorite places which fun with plenty of rib sticking food is "the Whispering Canyon Cafe" at Wilderness Lodge. Can not beat the all you can eat skillet as well as the cast of characters who work there.

Hope this helps.

Jeffybob (Boardwalk DVC Owner since '98) :mickey:

2011 - BWV (2), DCL - Eastern Caribbean
2010 - BWV - Valentine's Day
2009 - BWV (2), DCL - Eastern Caribbean
2008 - BWV (2)
2007 - BWV
2006 - DLR (2), SSR, BWV, DCL - Western Caribbean
2005 - HH, BWV (2)
2003 - BWV
2002 - BWV, Disneyland Paris
2001 - BWV, DLC - Bahamas
2000 - BWV
1999 - BWV, HH, VB
1998 - BWV, Swan

CanadaLovesDisney
10-15-2011, 09:18 PM
We love Tonys. They are amazing with allergies! Food is great! Seasonal gnocchi is sooooooo good. Chef always comes out for our allergy guest and he is the friendliest chef ever! Atmosphere can't be beat!

BeccaO
10-17-2011, 04:16 PM
WOW!!!! Seems like it's split right down the middle as far as likes/dislikes. Thank-you everyone for your input and opinions, I am still trying to decide. I guess the only way to find out for myself is to try it. We have been so many times now and tried so many different places that we are able to have a list now of places that we will NOT go back to and places that we absolutely WILL visit each and every time!!!!! :thumbsup: