PDA

View Full Version : dress for dining

special ed teacher
10-06-2011, 08:35 AM
How are we to dress at the nice restaurants in the parks when you dine during the time you are at the parks, and are wearing shorts and t shirts? Should you go back and dress nicely, or is it okay to wear shorts and a t shirt into a nicer restaurant while at the park?

BrerGnat
10-06-2011, 08:56 AM
"Theme Park Attire" is acceptable for dining in ALL restaurants within a theme park. This includes shorts, t-shirts, sandals, etc.

If you'd like to dress up, you're welcome, but it's not necessary. The only way I'd do that is if I was staying at an Epcot resort and dining at somewhere like Bistro de Paris. Then, I'd dress up. But otherwise, I'd just go in whatever clothes I was touring the parks in.

sonamae80
10-06-2011, 08:59 AM
I was wondering this same thing! Our first night, we are heading to Tutto Italia and didn't know if the dress code was nicer than typical "theme park" attire.

Thanks for the info! :mickey:

WDWForever
10-06-2011, 09:48 AM
Concur, you don't need to dress up for theme park restaurants unless you want to with one exception, signature dining. Within the parks I believe the only one is Bistro de Paris in EPCOT.

This is what I found online:
For the Signature Dining Restaurants, a "Business Casual" dress code is in effect:

Men - Dress pants, jeans or dress shorts and a T-shirt or long sleeve shirt with collar is required. (Jackets optional.)

Women - Jeans, skirts or dress shorts and blouse, sweater or dress is required.

NOT PERMITTED: Tank tops, swim suits or swim cover ups, hats for gentlemen, cut offs or clothing with rips/tears are not allowed. T-shirts with offensive language/graphics will also not be permitted.

brivers222
10-06-2011, 10:42 AM
what are examples of Dress shorts? i am thinking that won't matter because if the temps hold true like they did last year... december will be chilly at night lol

Scar
10-06-2011, 10:50 AM
what are examples of Dress shorts? i am thinking that won't matter because if the temps hold true like they did last year... december will be chilly at night lolBasically, don't wear any shorts that are cut-offs (ie. jorts,) and shorts that are too short and tight (ie. inappropriate.)

There may be other types but I can't think of them. If you use good judgement, you'll be fine.

brivers222
10-06-2011, 11:05 AM
so like cargo / kahki (sp?) shorts that go down to about the knee or past knee are okay? I am totally not a short shorts person haha

Disney Hungarian
10-06-2011, 11:11 AM
Even at the Signature restaurants; the CMs do not seem to be fashion police. I noticed "jorts" at the CG. :thumbsup:

Scar
10-06-2011, 11:20 AM
so like cargo / kahki (sp?) shorts that go down to about the knee or past knee are okay?Those would be fine, even though I don't think cargo shorts are technically considered "dress" shorts, they would still be OK.

And similar to what the previous poster said, some people break the rules, and many CM's don't enforce them.

TheDuckRocks
10-07-2011, 10:17 AM
And similar to what the previous poster said, some people break the rules, and many CM's don't enforce them.

I sure would hate to be the one to come across the only CM in exsistence that did go by the rules though.:blush:

WDWCrazyKaren
10-07-2011, 02:17 PM
Even at the Signature restaurants; the CMs do not seem to be fashion police. I noticed "jorts" at the CG. :thumbsup:

SHHHH! :secret: I thought the "j" word was a dirty word these days! :thumbsup:

CU Tiger
10-07-2011, 02:51 PM
I have seen all types of dress. The most common is those coming straight from the park. We typically put on a nice shirt and shorts, but others wear t-shirts and some dress up a good bit.:mickey:

VWL Mom
10-07-2011, 03:14 PM

When we were at CG in June, a 30 something woman in a tank top, booty shorts, and high sandals. Everyone was staring at her (especially the 3 teen boys I had with me). A bit much IMO.

EeyoresBestFriend
10-07-2011, 03:47 PM
While waiting for our carriage ride, we thought to grab some dinner.
We tried Artist Point since it was pretty much empty at about 7:45 at night mid week and were turned back at the door. I was wearing capris, DH was in dress shorts, but we were both wearing tank tops. Nice but sleeveless.
I understood where the CM was coming from and we ended up grabbing some basic grub from the really small food court instead.
What bothered me was when we walked past the restaurant on our way back, right in the window was a couple dressed waaay more casual than we were. . . . in yes, tank tops! I guess my money wasn't good enough. They could have even hid us in a back corner . . . . . :(
Ah well, it'll be a long time before we ever try them again.