PDA

View Full Version : Quick Press Penny Machine Question

TheHD
10-05-2011, 11:08 PM
We've collected numerous pressed pennies throughout many locations and especially WDW. We haven't done this in about 6 years at WDW and was still wondering if the cost is 50 cents plus the penny? I'm imagining if they've raised the cost to $1 or not.

Anyone recently bought these pressed pennies? Did they take quarters or not? I'm trying to plan out if I need to bring quarters or dollar bills.

Thanks in advance!

Tink#64
10-05-2011, 11:29 PM
I only noticed a couple of machines this summer, and I do believe they were still .50 to make. I usually take plenty of quarters & new shiney pennies! Some machines however only have the option of a pressed quarter & I can't remember now if those cost a dollar or still just the 50 cents. ? :blush: I'm sure there are still pressed coin machines everywhere, we just weren't looking as DS's filled their books a few years ago & have since lost interest unless we visit a different resort! I still get excited about them, maybe I wore the DS's out on them! :silly:

WDWForever
10-06-2011, 08:24 AM
My two DDs love doing those press pennies. Yes, most of them are $.51 cents. There are pressed quarters for $1.25 in various locations. On our last trip we found out that if a store has a pressed penny machine, you can ask for a prinout of pressed penny machines throughout that park. One store gave the printout to us after getting a pressed penny but in another park store they didn't have any copies but showed us the store copy of the locations. Just in case you were looking for someone/something specific. I've only seen machines that take coins, not bills. Also a hint, those chocolate m&m cylinder containers are just big enough for quarters so I alternate two quarters and a penny to have them easily accesible.

rkmemkc
10-06-2011, 09:13 AM
There are lists out there you can print and take along. Search Pressed Pennies or Park Pennies in your favorite search engine and see what you find. Have a great trip!!
:mickey:

TinkerbellT421
10-06-2011, 09:33 AM
They are still .50 the only 1.00 machines are the ones that are the pressed quarters. I was able to have the guest relations in the parks print me a list of all their machines and locations because they move them around frequently, sometimes everyday. I did not know this until I went on a pressed penny frenzy last year and the women in guest relations of magic kingdom went in the back room came out with a huge computer print out and told me they vary sometimes day to day sometimes week to week so to get updates park to park if you want to really start the collection.

TheHD
10-07-2011, 04:05 PM
There are lists out there you can print and take along. Search Pressed Pennies or Park Pennies in your favorite search engine and see what you find. Have a great trip!!
:mickey:

Sounds great. Thank you!

They are still .50 the only 1.00 machines are the ones that are the pressed quarters. I was able to have the guest relations in the parks print me a list of all their machines and locations because they move them around frequently, sometimes everyday. I did not know this until I went on a pressed penny frenzy last year and the women in guest relations of magic kingdom went in the back room came out with a huge computer print out and told me they vary sometimes day to day sometimes week to week so to get updates park to park if you want to really start the collection.

Thank you for the advice and information. That's crazy how they change locations that often.

My two DDs love doing those press pennies. Yes, most of them are $.51 cents. There are pressed quarters for $1.25 in various locations. On our last trip we found out that if a store has a pressed penny machine, you can ask for a prinout of pressed penny machines throughout that park. One store gave the printout to us after getting a pressed penny but in another park store they didn't have any copies but showed us the store copy of the locations. Just in case you were looking for someone/something specific. I've only seen machines that take coins, not bills. Also a hint, those chocolate m&m cylinder containers are just big enough for quarters so I alternate two quarters and a penny to have them easily accesible.

I will bring plenty of quarters and shiny pennies now. The M&M container is an excellent idea. Thanks!

I only noticed a couple of machines this summer, and I do believe they were still .50 to make. I usually take plenty of quarters & new shiney pennies! Some machines however only have the option of a pressed quarter & I can't remember now if those cost a dollar or still just the 50 cents. ? :blush: I'm sure there are still pressed coin machines everywhere, we just weren't looking as DS's filled their books a few years ago & have since lost interest unless we visit a different resort! I still get excited about them, maybe I wore the DS's out on them! :silly:

Thank you for the information. I will bring plenty of quarters and shiny pennies. I wanted to make sure, because I don't usually carry cash or change with me to WDW.

Thanks everyone! :thumbsup:

Altair
10-07-2011, 10:52 PM
I will bring plenty of quarters and shiny pennies now. The M&M container is an excellent idea. Thanks!

Forget the shiny new pennies, they are copper plated zinc. Use only pre-1982 pennies which are mostly copper. You can still find shiny ones of those in circulation. Zinc pennies will end up turning black on you.:twocents:

TheHD
10-10-2011, 01:02 AM
Thanks for the info. I will look for them.