PDA

View Full Version : Steve Jobs has passed away

PirateLover
10-05-2011, 07:42 PM
The twitterverse is abound with a report from Apple that Steve Jobs has passed away. Rest in peace, Steve.

Apple says company co-founder Steve Jobs has died

CUPERTINO, Calif. (AP) -- Apple says the company's co-founder Steve Jobs has died. He was 56. In a brief statement the company said Jobs died Wednesday. He had been battling pancreatic cancer.

ElenitaB
10-05-2011, 07:47 PM
I'm so saddened by the passing of this visionary.

Stupid cancer! :thedolls:

ibelieveindisneymagic
10-05-2011, 08:14 PM
I just read this on CNN ... so sad.

Kairi_7378
10-05-2011, 08:14 PM
Thanks for posting this... it's the first that I read this news.

Rest in Peace, Steve. And thank you for sharing your genius with the world.

MNNHFLTX
10-05-2011, 09:16 PM
Oh my..... The last time he made a public appearance I commented to my husband that he looked so frail and ill that I truly thought he was end stage. Yet I was still shocked to read this. :(

Paradise Pier Pinocchio
10-05-2011, 09:43 PM
Truly one of the most important visionaries of our time. He will be greatly missed.

:smickey:

Melanie
10-05-2011, 10:28 PM
iSad. :(

Ed
10-06-2011, 12:33 AM

Well said. :(

Let's also remember that Steve was a board member of the Walt Disney Company.

"Steve Jobs was a great friend as well as a trusted advisor. His legacy will extend far beyond the products he created or the businesses he built. It will be the millions of people he inspired, the lives he changed, and the culture he defined. Steve was such an "original," with a thoroughly creative, imaginative mind that defined an era. Despite all he accomplished, it feels like he was just getting started. With his passing the world has lost a rare original, Disney has lost a member of our family, and I have lost a great friend. Our thoughts and prayers are with his wife Laurene and his children during this difficult time." - Bob Iger

BigG007
10-06-2011, 07:55 AM

iSad 2

Steve will be sadly missed

Butters
10-06-2011, 08:14 AM
We lost a great dreamer :sad:

princessgirls
10-06-2011, 10:25 AM
Steve was truly a visionary!!! Smart Smart innovative man!! His legacy is one that will carry on!

On a side note...Steven Jobs was born to a special birthmother who made an adoption plan for him and CHOSE LIFE!!! He was a brilliant man. This is why I go to work every day! I work in adoption!!

Julie:mickey:

TinkerbellT421
10-06-2011, 10:58 AM
Very sad news :(
He was a truly a visionary. Like a friend of mine said on facebook, till now we have never had anyone come back that we know of. But can gaurantee if there is a way this guy will find it.

Dixie Springs
10-06-2011, 11:30 AM
Great innovator. If he doesn't have an image in the smokey video montage at the end of American Adventure, he will now.

Ian
10-07-2011, 09:56 AM
Great innovator. If he doesn't have an image in the smokey video montage at the end of American Adventure, he will now.I think he does already, although I'm not 100% sure.

Very sad. I honestly think he was this generation's Walt Disney. His impact on my life was immense. From the early beginnings of Apple, to the famed 1984 commercial, Pixar, iPhone, iPad ... truly an amazing life. He'll be greatly missed.

Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma – which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of other’s opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

TheDuckRocks
10-07-2011, 11:00 AM
The advances Steve Jobs made were remarkable, but I have been greatly touched these past days reading some of his past interviews and speeches. Very down to earth, well thought out and should be inspriational for generations to come.

caryrae
10-07-2011, 04:13 PM
Like I heard someone say on another site "Steve is now up in the iCloud".

Melanie
10-08-2011, 11:03 AM
How awesome is this?

Pixar gang's tribute to Steve Jobs!

Ian
10-08-2011, 11:11 AM
Shamelessly stolen for Facebook, Mel.

Melanie
10-08-2011, 11:24 AM
Shamelessly stolen for Facebook, Mel.

Of course! Actually, I saw it on Twitter. ;)

I don't think anyone would think I'd come up with that.

caryrae
10-08-2011, 04:47 PM
My wife told me it's Steve Jobs day Friday and everyone is suppose to wear jeans and a black turtle neck.