PDA

View Full Version : ONLINE ADRs at 180 Days Out, 6am – I Recommend it!

Goes4FastPass
10-04-2011, 05:56 PM
I’ve heard so much about tough-impossible ADRs especially during ‘free’ dining times and experienced my own frustrations of the only available dinner at the chosen restaurant being after 9pm. OK for adults, doesn’t work for children.

And I’ve heard calling this one or that one makes booked-up restaurants available because they have magical access.

This trip I used this simple approach:
Booked our vacation through Magical Journeys https://www.magicaljourneystravel.com/wendy (https://www.magicaljourneystravel.com/wendy)
Planned out where we’d like to eat and when.
Added our resort stay confirmation to my profile at http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/ (http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/)
Ding! As soon as I did the site adds, “See you in 186 days… remember to make dining reservations…
Night before, logged on checked steps, all is well set my alarm for 5:45am.
6:01am logged on message is 180 days.
Dink. Dink. Dink. Lunch at Le Cellier? Sure. Dinner with the Princesses? Of course.
As I make each ADR the site notes it is connecting it to my Disney vacation.
6:12am I have every ADR we wanted at the times requested confirmed. Done.
6:15am When I click on My Reservations, ALL of the ADRs are shown in date order with the confirmation number for each in a single view
:thumbsup:

Going2HeavenRU
10-04-2011, 06:15 PM
I agree with you completely! My husband and I made all of our reservations for our trip at 6:01 on our 180th day. We loved how quick and easy it was to use and plan on doing the same thing in a few months for our next trip.

cer
10-04-2011, 07:18 PM
Gotta love online booking.

And if you don't get your first choice, you don't have anyone waiting on you while you try to scramble to figure out your second choice.

I also LOVE that if you want you can enter a time and date and view all availability for the entire WORLD! This is a wonderful feature if for whatever reason you are unable to book at the 180 day mark.

Awesomeness! :thumbsup:

Kairi_7378
10-04-2011, 08:30 PM
Glad you were able to get what you wanted for your trip!

And with the online system you don't have to worry about the computer misunderstanding your name (have this trouble a lot because my name has n's, m's, and z's in it!) Plus I also have bad luck with the background music when I call... always get stuck with Gaston's song stuck in my head for the rest of the day.

ElenitaB
10-04-2011, 10:51 PM
Technology is a beautiful thing when it works! :thumbsup:

cer
10-05-2011, 07:58 AM
Technology is a beautiful thing when it works! :thumbsup:

True, true.

WDWCrazyKaren
10-06-2011, 08:34 AM
Congrats! We also got every restaurant at every time we wanted at the 180 day mark at 6:00AM (ok, ok, 6:01AM) booking online.

For those other posters who weren't able to get it to work at certain times, I'm very sorry! Worked great the day I booked!

Enjoy!

BeccaO
10-06-2011, 10:46 AM
I totally agree!!! Some people think it is ridiculous to plan for dining 180 days away from your vacation, but if you have your heart set and know what you want, it is well worth it!!!! I can't believe how wonderfully easy it is to make dining reservations now online, so glad they made this an option!!!! I have gotten reservations for restaurants that I probably never would have had a chance, let alone be able to choose between days and times. It makes me giddy inside just thinking about it!!!

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-06-2011, 11:05 AM
Worked well for me too:mickey:

brivers222
10-06-2011, 11:11 AM
thats what I did as well... now the trick is trying NOT to make changes and tweaking the times / places.... I have not been able to avoid that... Idle hands of the 180 days till trip is the :thedolls: playground!

crltkcagle
10-09-2011, 08:58 PM
I agree. I did this on our last trip and it worked wonders!

lovin'fl
10-09-2011, 09:29 PM
This was my plan...had it marked on the calendar and everything...but still forgot. I remembered 2 days late. Went online to book and found that I had to call because we are a party of 15 (family Christmas trip). Needless to say I had trouble getting what we wanted. No Le Cellier lunch for Christmas day (or any day that week)...actually had a table for 8 booked and was about to book another table for 7....and poof it went. And my SIL likes to go to Ohana the first night...it's their family tradition. The earliest I could get it- the entire week- was an 8:00 halfway through our trip...the 1st night only had a 9:45. I personally don't want to eat at Ohana, of all places, that late at night...8:00 is even pushing it, but I took that. SIL made a remark that she would have taken the 9:45 ADR on the 1st night. Later, we added another night to our stay at the beginning of our stay...so if I had booked the 9:45 Ohana ADR it wouldn't be the 1st night anymore anyway. We decided not to book anything for our 1st night as we are flying in and don't know when we'll be where. SIL mentioned that they may bus over to POLY and try to walk in to Ohana. I made an ADR today...at Olivias- where we'll be staying at OKW...just in case. I checked Ohana and it has nothing all week...nothing...not for 5, 10 or 15 people...not at 9:45 or anytime.
Next time I'll be online at 180 days at 6am...for sure.