PDA

View Full Version : What's different about IASW?

kms1066heb
10-04-2011, 01:21 PM
Something has changed at IASW but I'm not sure what. :confused:

I went to MK on Saturday for the 40th anniversary and decided to ride all the "original" rides. While on IASW, it seemed as if the music was muted and something was missing or different. I definitely noticed some dolls were missing, like the cowboy in the final white room. But something else seemed off as well. This Saturday was the first time I had been on IASW in about a month.

Anyone else notice something different?

Strmchsr
10-04-2011, 03:33 PM
I think they're doing upgrades and cleaning a little at a time. A couple of weeks ago I rode IASW twice - once at the beginning of my vacation and once at the end. There were a couple of dolls missing at the beginning that were back at the end and a couple new ones gone on the second time through. The cowboy doll was definitely there 2 weeks ago as my DS commented on it. So, I think they're cleaning/upgrading a few dolls at a time instead of shutting the whole thing down.

faline
10-04-2011, 05:25 PM
How long has it been since you last rode? One thing they changed not that long ago is that you now board on the side where you used to disembark and disembark on the side where you used to board.

Kairi_7378
10-04-2011, 08:37 PM
We rode IASW four times during our recent September trip. (I know, I am :goofy: but it is DS's favorite ride at the moment, and mine too!) I also noticed that some of the dolls were missing. I thought that I noticed a difference in the sound, especially when I was in the Europe room. (I head bagpipes near Scotland, Ooo la la's near France, etc.) The sound, in general, seemed to be more synched than it had been during our 2007 trips.

Tink#64
10-04-2011, 11:19 PM
How long has it been since you last rode? One thing they changed not that long ago is that you now board on the side where you used to disembark and disembark on the side where you used to board.

We noticed that in June! Actually I like it, it seems to make more sense!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

MOJoe
10-05-2011, 12:31 PM
Different dolls disappearing and then reappearing? Things seeming not quite right? Sounds like the beginning of a good Disney legend! :tiptoe:

faline
10-05-2011, 12:54 PM
We noticed that in June! Actually I like it, it seems to make more sense!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

To me, if feels backwards. Instead of waiting in line as you face the clock (and have a chance to see the performance), you stand in line behind the clock. Then, when you get off, you're in a group of fast moving people and can't really stop to enjoy it if it does happen to chime!

Kairi_7378
10-05-2011, 08:08 PM
To me, if feels backwards. Instead of waiting in line as you face the clock (and have a chance to see the performance), you stand in line behind the clock. Then, when you get off, you're in a group of fast moving people and can't really stop to enjoy it if it does happen to chime!

I agree... there were times that we wanted to stop to enjoy it but were causing a traffic problem.

Tink#64
10-05-2011, 11:53 PM

I do see your point! But alas, but by the time we've exited our boat, DS's & DH are almost dragging me to get out of there! Can you tell that's IASW isn't on their must do list! :silly:So I can honestly say that's not something I would have thought of! :D Very good point though! :thumbsup: