PDA

View Full Version : Dining & Toddlers

deedeenmickey
10-03-2011, 04:36 PM
I have just decided to go to WDW in March with my 2 grandbabies 1 YO & 2 YO!!! I know they are young but I want to see them in Disney World. My question is do you have to pay full price for toddlers in the sit down resturants? We usually like to do one or two buffets and several sit down resturants such as Coral Reef, Le Cellier. I think even the child's price would be too much for the one year old especially. Just curious if they could eat off our plates there will be 5 adults paying full price.:blush:

clausjo
10-03-2011, 05:01 PM
Children aren't charged for buffets until they're 3 and at "order off the menu" places, they are welcome to eat off your plate.

Kairi_7378
10-03-2011, 06:46 PM
Not sure about the buffets but you don't have to pay for them at the sit down meals if you share a meal with them. (You do have to pay if you get them their own food at a sit down dinner.)

starryeyes21
10-03-2011, 07:10 PM
I just took my nineteen month old to WDW and he ate off my plate at every meal. There was no charge for him as long as he ate off my plate. This was true at buffets as well as sit down dinners.

Pirate Granny
10-03-2011, 08:28 PM
Actually the restaurant in Norway will provide a child's meal, free of charge...we've eaten there twice and they've always asked and we've always accepted.

BrerGnat
10-04-2011, 10:05 AM
Since they are both under 3, they will not pay to share food. If you need to order them a kids meal (like, if they are picky and won't eat what the adults are having), then you would have to pay for that, regardless of age.

Buffets are a good option here, as most have a "kids station" and they can eat free at buffets (can have their own plate and everything...only those 3 and up pay).

AmandaChan
10-04-2011, 11:36 PM
sometimes I would just get my LO (he was 13.5 months) his own little kids meal (like pasta or something, because mama wanted a steak instead) and I really kind of felt like the price was fair for disney standards. plus they get a drink and sides like fruit. his favorite meal was the pasta and melon and veggies at 50's prime time! when we ate at biergarten we didn't get charged but only charged for milk or juice when we asked for it.

deedeenmickey
10-10-2011, 12:25 PM
Thanks so much for the responses! I kind of thought it may be that way but this is the first year taking our grandbabies and I am so excited. My husband doesn't think it's a good idea since they are so young but I want to do it for my memories! This works out well since we'll be paying for their parents and my daughter and her friend. This could get expensive!;)