PDA

View Full Version : Christmas break, one place to eat.

Joejoesue
10-03-2011, 01:14 PM
We will be there over Christmas break and what to eat one night at a Disney restaurant. The question is which one. Have a spending limit of $30 to $35 per meal. Does anyone have any good suggestions???

Thanks bunches.

DizneyRox
10-03-2011, 02:05 PM
At this point, you might want to check online and see what's available. XMas break is busy! Since you're only a couple months out, you might have missed the boat on choice...

At $30-35, for a table service, you're cutting it close. Just trying to prepare you for sticker shock.

Strmchsr
10-03-2011, 02:06 PM
:welcome: to Intercot!!!

A couple of questions back to you to be able to answer your question better - 1.) Are you going to the parks? If so, which one? 2.) Is that $30-35 total or per person? If it's total, that eliminates all the sit-down restaurants as most of the them are $20+ per entree, plus drinks, tip, etc. There are a couple where you can eat for $35 total if you got entree only (water to drink, no dessert). 3.) If that is total, how many people are we talking about? Even at a counter service, you couldn't get more than 3 people for that amount.

cuteduck223
10-03-2011, 03:00 PM
If its per person, depending on the ages of the travellers, I would recommend a Character Breakfast buffet. They tend to be the cheapest meal-wise, and you still get character interaction. ;)

MinnieMommie
10-03-2011, 07:57 PM
:welcome: To Intercot!!

Captains Grill (at Beach Club) has a $30 price fixe menu that includes appetizer, entree and desert. There are a few selection for each course. I have eaten there a couple of times and it is pretty good.

You can try a nice lunch instead of dinner. Maybe Le Cellier or Chefs de France off the top of my head.

I agree about the breakfasts and especially the buffets. Some awesome ones. You can try something like 1900 Park fare and make a brunch out of it with a late seating (i think they seat up to 11:30 am.

I'm going to send you a pm with some more ideas. :mickey:

W24toISMdirect
10-04-2011, 08:45 AM
First of all it has to be said in no uncertain terms exactly what you are asking for:

You want a table service meal, at restaurants which are often booked months in advance during the single busiest week of the year, for an unreasonable price.

The others here are trying to be tactful, and it's certainly not my intention to scare you, and I wish nothing but a wonderful vacation, but that won't happen unless you have a reasonable idea of what your getting yourseld into, and prepare and/or adjust your expectations accordingly.

At this point, an excellent and (relatively) reasonably priced dinging expiriance during your stay is certianly not out of the question, but the key is going to be flexibility. You may have to be a bit open minded, and willing to step outside of the particular restaraunt, time frame, particular day, and perhaps budget that you had in mind.

ADRs can be a daunting task for a newbie (as opposed to those of us on these board from WDW game theory is something of a hobby) but there is a lot of help available.I'd reccommend calling reservations, they will help you find something that I'm sure you would enjoy.

BrerGnat
10-04-2011, 09:00 AM
We will be there over Christmas break and what to eat one night at a Disney restaurant. The question is which one. Have a spending limit of $30 to $35 per meal. Does anyone have any good suggestions???

Thanks bunches.

Welcome to Intercot!

I agree that we need some more information about how many in your party, and ages. Also, it seems like you want to have ONE sit down meal, is that right? But then you say your spending limit is $30-35 per meal. Did you mean per person?

If you mean per person, it can be done, and pretty easily. Unless everyone in your party wants to order Filet Mignon at dinner, $35 per person is a reasonable amount to spend on a table service meal.

In order for us to help you out some more, give us some more information about your likes/dislikes so we can point you in the right direction.

Also, what dates specifically are you traveling? We are going the week before Christmas, and I am finding a LOT of availability for TS restaurants still, so there is hope!