PDA

View Full Version : Westminster Dog Show

Katzateer
10-03-2011, 08:25 AM
Have anyone been to the Westminster Dog Show?

I am planning a solo trip.

Mickey'sGirl
10-03-2011, 08:44 AM
I am insanely jealous of you!

My Mom and I always planned on going to the Westminster and to the Crufts over in Yorkshire as well. We never made it.

I hope you have a fabulous time!! :dog:

SBETigg
10-03-2011, 10:54 AM
I've never been, but that would be awesome! I love NY. I hope you have a wonderful time, and report back.

Katzateer
10-03-2011, 01:55 PM
Right now Amtrak is having a special and I need to decide what to do. I am leaning towards just making it a day trip. I would love to see the top award Tuesday night but best of show is late. If I do I will have to spend $200+ on a room

But if I just go Monday I can get into Penn Station around 10 am, stay until about 6 pm. If I get a seat it is going to be in the back anyway since the tickets are expensive up front. The main part of the time I just want to walk around and see the dogs up close with the groomers. Then I would be home Tuesday and see Best of Show closeup on my TV.

A one day trip would cost less than $200. To be there both days would be closer to $700 with nose-bleed seats.

DisneyDog
10-19-2011, 01:49 PM
That's always been a dream of mine. That sounds amazing.

Just so you know, there is a big dog show the weekend before Thankgsiving, right near my house near Valley Forge. It's the Kennel Club of Philadelphia (or Philadelphia Kennel Club??). It is one of the few benched shows in the country. It's usually televised nationally on Thanksgiving Day, so it's kind of a big deal. It used to be in Philly, and then they moved it to Reading, and now it is in Oaks, PA, which (lucky me!) is practically within walking distance of my house:D