PDA

View Full Version : NYC hotels

Katzateer
10-03-2011, 08:23 AM
Need to find a cheap place to just sleep going to 2 events and will be at Madison Square Gardens.

Any know much about the Chelsea Star or the Pennsylvannia?

Want to not walk more than a block or two- one trip I will be alone and it will be late.

Thanks for any information.

Tink#64
10-04-2011, 12:36 AM
Anxiously awaiting some advice on this thread! We're planning a trip that includes a NY stay for next summer & I'm still looking at hotels! I've been looking at - am I allowed to name this site? Trip Advisor & reading the reviews. I like that you can filter the results by the price & the area! But the choices! :drama:

McLiberal8
10-04-2011, 01:10 AM
My go-to cheap place in NYC is the Econolodge in Times Square. It will be more than two blocks from MSG, but you can always take a cab. It's small, but it was clean and the staff was nice, and they had continental breakfast.

Tink#64
10-05-2011, 12:22 AM
Thanks McLiberal8! I know we'll definitely look into this one! We're hoping to stay in the Times Square area & "Clean" is the most important factor for us after reading the NY ranks up there on the list for Bed Bugs! Hate to say it, but Louisville, KY also made the list. This was a big concern for us during our vaca this summer, we thoroughly inspected (in the dark using a flashlight) all beds/rooms we stayed in including WDW! Don't want any nasty little hitch hikers to come home with us!

Sorry, Katzateer, not trying to hijack your thread! Have you found out anything on the two hotels you were looking at? To me, it's all about the feedback! I truly value a fellow Intercotee shares their experiences! :thumbsup: