PDA

View Full Version : # in a studio or 1 bed room

Sam&Alex&Josh'sMOM
10-02-2011, 10:10 AM
Are there any studios or one bed rooms (Other than AKV) who sleeep up to 5? We just stayed in BWV in a studio and with the bed, pull out couch and day bed, we could easily fit 5. (I ask becuase right now my son is only 1, but am thinking ahead to when he gets older.) Thanks !

VWL Mom
10-02-2011, 10:45 AM
The book shows all the studios are limited to 4 plus 1 under 2yr. AKV, BLT and OKW show 5 in a 1 bdrm.

Sam&Alex&Josh'sMOM
10-02-2011, 03:02 PM
I THOUGHT UNDER 3 WAS ALLOWED IN PACK AND PLAY? WE DONT HAVE TO GET PARK TKTS IF THEY ARE UNDER 3, i THOUGHT 3 WAS THE CUT OFF?

Sam&Alex&Josh'sMOM
10-02-2011, 03:04 PM
sorry for the caps? I wasnt yelling, just not paying attention! oops!

faline
10-02-2011, 04:00 PM
I'm looking at my Vacation Planner Membership Portfolio for the Disney Vacation Club. Studios accommodate up to four Guests "Plus one child under age three in a portable crib"

VWL Mom
10-02-2011, 04:38 PM
I THOUGHT UNDER 3 WAS ALLOWED IN PACK AND PLAY? WE DONT HAVE TO GET PARK TKTS IF THEY ARE UNDER 3, i THOUGHT 3 WAS THE CUT OFF?

Sorry, meant 2 and under which would be under 3.:blush:

Sam&Alex&Josh'sMOM
10-02-2011, 04:53 PM
Thank you!

Are the only 1 bedrooms that take 5 in AKW, BLT and OKW? Why would some take 5 and others only 4?

faline
10-02-2011, 05:14 PM
For one bedrooms, Bay Lake accommodates five; Jambo and Kidani at Animal Kingdom can have five. Old Key West can also take five. They each have a pull out sleeper chair for the fifth person.

Beach Club and Boardwalk can take four guests as can Saratoga Springs and the Villas at Wilderness Lodge. None of these one bedrooms have the sleeper chair that accommodates the fifth person.

Sam&Alex&Josh'sMOM
10-02-2011, 05:20 PM
Darn, we really like Boardwalk. I am going to hope that by the time my youngest is 3, they add those sleeper chairs! He is 15 months now, so we can get 1 more trip in next fall while he is still under 3 and can still get a studio!

MinnieMommie
10-03-2011, 07:45 PM
I think all the 1 bedrooms allow 5 in the room (as far as the fire codes) but the ones with the chairs are the only ones that have an actual place to sleep and provide the extra bedding. Please jump in here and correct if this is wrong. :mickey:

Sam&Alex&Josh'sMOM
10-03-2011, 09:05 PM
5 in a 1 bedroom would be great. Can anyone confirm Minnie Mommie? I dont care if there is not a chair, I can bring a blow up mattress or throw 3 kids in a bed.

dlpmikki
10-05-2011, 08:01 AM
This is what they allow currently. However they may change this as it is not guaranteed to stay as advertised room occupancy is less. There are rumours that once more of the 'proper' 5 sleeper rooms are available then they will enforce the lower numbers in older rooms.

Sam&Alex&Josh'sMOM
10-05-2011, 09:45 PM
It just seems at the Board walk studio, there was the bed, (2 people) the pull out couch(2 people) and the day bed/couch thingee (1 person) that 5 would fit easily. (Provided person numbre 5 on the say bed isnt over 6 feet tall!)

lovin'fl
10-09-2011, 08:55 PM
The DVC studios don't have trundle beds. The rooms at some regular resorts like Port Orleans Riverside have the trundle beds. The 1 BR villas all will allow 5...we do it every time and just bring airbed and set of towels(never had the 5th pull-out...will at Christmas though).

Yo Mickey!
10-11-2011, 02:33 PM
The DVC studios don't have trundle beds. The rooms at some regular resorts like Port Orleans Riverside have the trundle beds. The 1 BR villas all will allow 5...we do it every time and just bring airbed and set of towels(never had the 5th pull-out...will at Christmas though).

we are staying at bwv in dec in a 1br. since they only say they will allow 4, how do you do the magical express for 5? it's myself, my wife and 11 and 10 year old children and we'd like to bring the mother in law. thoughts? i'd rather have a 2br but there wasn't any availability at bwv or bcv so we are trying to make do. i'd love to hear how we can do the dme with 5.

thanks!

Sam&Alex&Josh'sMOM
10-11-2011, 08:54 PM
I am curious on this as well! I was thinking that if we did that with 2 parents and all three kids, one of the parents would have to take a cab or something with one of the kids from airport to resort and back, while the rest rode ME? I still think 5 would fit in a studio in BWV )the ones with the day beld, since there is a queen, a double bed pull out and the day(which there are linens for in the closet!) I can understand not 5 adults, but the day bed is bigger tan the trundel at POR, it would be good for a kid at least up to 10 yrs!

VWL Mom
10-12-2011, 06:24 AM
we are staying at bwv in dec in a 1br. since they only say they will allow 4, how do you do the magical express for 5? it's myself, my wife and 11 and 10 year old children and we'd like to bring the mother in law. thoughts? i'd rather have a 2br but there wasn't any availability at bwv or bcv so we are trying to make do. i'd love to hear how we can do the dme with 5.

thanks!

If the are legitimately allowing 5 people in the 1bdrm all 5 names will be on the ressie and entitled to DME.

Yo Mickey!
10-12-2011, 03:10 PM
If the are legitimately allowing 5 people in the 1bdrm all 5 names will be on the ressie and entitled to DME.

that's the issue. the person that took the reservation said he can only put 4 on there but he understands that many do have 5 in a 1br. i am just trying to find out if there is any way to add the other person so we can do the dme. guessing we will have to do the quicksilver deal, or have 1 person take a taxi while the rest do dme. at least with quicksilver you can do some grocery shopping on the way but garden grocer is nice too, it's always there waiting for us.