PDA

View Full Version : water

MDcar1
10-01-2011, 02:59 PM
Quick question, are we allowed to bring our own water bottles into the Parks?

Mindy

Melanie
10-01-2011, 03:00 PM
Quick answer - yes! :thumbsup:

faline
10-01-2011, 03:19 PM
And to tag on to Melanie's answer, I'd strongly encourage you to bring your own water into the parks - it's far less expensive to do that than it is to buy the water sold in the parks!

texas211
10-01-2011, 07:36 PM
We bring in Camelbaks and Geiggerrigs. Works like a champ and really helps out.

crltkcagle
10-01-2011, 10:14 PM
We bring in a backpack full of water! Its too expensive to buy in the parks. The mousekeepers must think we are crazy because our room is usually full of cases of water!

Darbylew
10-01-2011, 10:34 PM
We bring water to the parks. WDW does not
mind you bringing in drinks and snacks.
BEEN THERE, DONE THAT AND GOING BACK IN
DECEMBER!!! :mickey::D

Butters
10-03-2011, 09:39 AM
Because of weight limits on checked bags we bring empty water bottles and fill it in the room before we head out.

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
10-03-2011, 10:06 AM
We do empty refillable water bottles and to help with the taste of "beach water" - we also bring Crystal Light or Wyler's individual lemonade packets to add to the water.

magicofdisney
10-03-2011, 11:05 AM
If you're OK with FL tap water, you can usually get a free, large cup of ice water at CS points (or most places that offer fountain drinks).

finaldynasty
10-03-2011, 11:40 AM
We bring our own water as well. I usually place two bottles in gallon bags (just in case they spill to keep my backpack dry) and take at least four in the park with me. If I need a refill, I will just go to a water fountain. I have heard that Camelbaks are great, but with three young ones that is not the best bag for me. You can also bring in snacks if you like as well. We also bring in gatorade or powerade as well.

:mickey:

emerzmom
10-03-2011, 03:30 PM
I would suggest the Brita water bottles with the filter. They are about the same size as a regular water bottle and you can fill them up with any tap water. The filter works great! The water will taste clean and fresh. I plan on bringing these on our next trip.
:mickey:
Julie

PETE FROM NYC
10-03-2011, 04:11 PM
DW and I are both ECV users. We each carry a 1 gallon jug with an insulated cover in the ECV basket. One jug has plain ice water, the other has flavor pacs added. We also eat breakfast in our room, and pack in sandwiches for lunch. Now we can splurge for a decent TS supper.

Grumpy.
10-03-2011, 05:40 PM
I can't see why anyone would bring water in. We just got back from two weeks there and whenever we got thirsty (which at temperatures as high as 114 was often) we popped into a quick service and got a cup of ice water for free.
You can have ice cold water whenever you want, for free, and don't have to lug anything around all day.

disneyfan328
10-03-2011, 08:25 PM
Because of weight limits on checked bags we bring empty water bottles and fill it in the room before we head out.

Last time we went we got 2 cases of water delivered to the resort from Staples.com. It was super easy and not very expensive. If its your first order from them you can ask for discounted shipping to! I was great and we took foldable flat cooler thing that was easy to pack and filled it with ice each day and kept it in the bathtub (in case it leaked that way the floor didn't get wet) and we had cold water every day!

johnO
10-04-2011, 06:41 AM
I can't see why anyone would bring water in. We just got back from two weeks there and whenever we got thirsty (which at temperatures as high as 114 was often) we popped into a quick service and got a cup of ice water for free.
You can have ice cold water whenever you want, for free, and don't have to lug anything around all day.

Well, carrying a few bottles of water isnt that big a deal. Plus, you dont have to wait in line anywhere to open your water bottle, unlike the 'free' water....

LVT
10-05-2011, 07:18 AM
There are many drinking fountains too. A few people will not tolerate the Florida water, but I adapted quickly. I do not want to carry anything.

CU Tiger
10-05-2011, 10:53 AM
We like to freeze water bottles and bring them into the park. The ice melts during the day and the water is always remain cold.:mickey:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
10-09-2011, 09:21 PM
I'd rather carry in 2-3 bottles of water than drink water from the fountains. That water just doesn't agree with me!

EJS-Houston
10-10-2011, 03:51 PM
FYI: there are inexpensive portable water bottles you can get that have extensive filtration systems, so if you're at all sensitive to different urban water sources you don't have to worry. I bought one on Amazon (the ECOFLO Portable Water Filter Flip TOP) for my Dad for our November WDW trip. He "test-drove" it on a recent road trip and said it worked beautifully. He'll be able to fill it in the room and in the parks at will and not have to worry about lugging around multiple water bottles.

Disney4us2
10-10-2011, 03:54 PM
On our August trip I brought my Britta water bottle. Worked great and I was able to refill it with the free ice water.:mickey:

texas211
10-10-2011, 10:01 PM
I bring my own, b/c i'm already wasting enough time in lines, dont want to add to it.

Plus, i filter my water before i put it into my geigerrig/camelbak.