PDA

View Full Version : Plug & Unplug

Buttercup
10-01-2011, 02:49 PM
:D
I always giggle when you guys say "Plug & Unplug" when someone's microphone isn't working.

Not to be a technical nerd here, but shouldn't it be "Unplug and Plug" -- because you want them to unplug it first, then plug it back in!?! haha

:badpc:

disneymom15
10-01-2011, 06:06 PM
That was my thought too. When I read your thread title, I thought it should read unplug & plug.

Melanie
10-01-2011, 06:48 PM
You're right! I guess 'plug and unplug' flows better?

I think Ep. 23, our most recent episode, is our first one without a 'unplug and plug'. Gary and Ian sure sounded 'out of this world' for a part of the episode though. ;)

Buttercup
10-02-2011, 10:15 AM
Ha ha I'm just nagging at you guys! :crazy:
You're right - "plug and unplug" rolls off the tongue easier. :D hahaha

I actually think it's funny when you guys have technical problems. I like that John leaves those in and doesn't edit them out. Makes you guys seem more real and easygoing! :thumbsup:

But congratulations for your first "nobody needs to unplug" episode! I'm only up to #22, so I've gotta catch up! Keep up the great work!

Melanie
10-02-2011, 10:22 AM
But congratulations for your first "nobody needs to unplug" episode! I'm only up to #22, so I've gotta catch up! Keep up the great work!

You're almost there! Ep. 23 is probably my favorite one we've ever taped. We had a lot of fun doing it, and I think we were done by 9pm EST, which is a record for us! We're usually yawning by the end. ;)

Buttercup
10-02-2011, 07:26 PM
I bet you guys have a lot of fun! It sounds like it! Hey... how's about letting a former radio announcer (such as myself) join your podcast once in a while! I'd give Ian a run for his money! lol :thumbsup::D:cloud9::silly:

dpamac
10-03-2011, 04:36 PM
The terms cyloning and plug and unplug came from Leo Laporte's (formerly of Tech TV) This Week in Tech. I guess, at least for John and I, those terms just stuck in our heads. But I had never considered that it was backwards. Derp.