PDA

View Full Version : Is the Kim Possible thing at Epcot worth the effort?

thads
09-30-2011, 04:44 PM
Is the Kim Possible thing at Epcot any fun, or worth the effort? I have older boys (9 and 14) and I am not sure that we even want to attempt it.

I am also wondering if it takes a lot of time out of your day. Thanks...

ibelieveindisneymagic
09-30-2011, 04:56 PM
My DD (now 13) had loved KP since it was introduced. She's just starting to get a little old for it, but still wants to do it on the next trip.

It doesn't take too long (you do a single mission, in a single Epcot country) at a time, so you can choose how long you want. A mission is about 30 minutes, or so, depending how fast you work through it.

We love it, since it allows us (enourages us) to really explore the World Showcase countries, and the special effects are quite neat.

I would try one, and if they don't take to it, you don't have to do anymore.

jmj18
09-30-2011, 05:35 PM
We didn't think so...

:mickey:

Main Street Jim
09-30-2011, 05:47 PM
My wife and I - no kids :) - *love* doing Kim Possible - and I'm 41 years old! You'll see some really cool stuff, stuff you'd never expect to see (explore a mission in Germany!). You'll definitely see details you'd never knew even existed - as big a Disney geek as I am, and I found a LOT of beautiful and great details in each of the countries.

There's a few different places you can start - either side of Innoventions, the Future World bridge to the lagoon, Norway, or the UK.

It's really quite cool - that, and some semblance of the same "game" will be coming to the Magic Kingdom :)

ElenitaB
09-30-2011, 06:38 PM
Your 14 yr old may protest that it's "not cool" but once involved, I would bet the story changes. Like others have reported, it's brought us to corners of World Showcase we had never seen before and both me (an old lady) and my teen son (who started playing when he was just a tween) both really enjoy the KP missions.

DVC2004
09-30-2011, 06:46 PM
My kids were probably 12 and 11 when we first did it- they DO NOT watch Kim Possible ever...but they liked it. They thought it was fun and so did we- but we only did a couple missions and moved on. We thought it was a fun new thing for them and it allowed us to chill a little and walk around with a drink (obviously we still were involved they weren't jsut running off on their own).

TheHD
09-30-2011, 07:34 PM
My 12y old daughter, wife, and I had a blast doing Kim Possible last visit. We completed all of the missions in about 3 hours. We thought we'd try one and see if we liked it, and absolutely enjoyed the first mission, so we were hooked and couldn't step away from the fun. It's a great attraction to do when the lines are long within the rides.

WDW&MK
09-30-2011, 09:14 PM
DH and myself have done KP for the last 3 years (I think - has it been around that long?). We have a blast. Love seeing the stuff that's "hidden" in plain site. You can end at any time if you want to move on with your day.

Buttercup
10-01-2011, 01:26 AM
We love it. My kids are 3 & 6 and really enjoy it. They get right into the whole "spy" theme, and they like sneaking around corners, whispering to each other, making sure nobody is watching what they're doing! haha :D
We try to do one mission per trip. So far we've done China and United Kingdom.

It only takes us about 30 minutes to finish.

garymacd
10-01-2011, 12:02 PM
I watched young 20-somethings having a great time doing it. If we have time this December, I will consider doing this with my 20-something daughters.

azcavalier
10-01-2011, 04:02 PM
It's worth trying. Like the other posters, our older kids and tweens really enjoy it. And it lets us kick back and look at other things while they do it. The effects really are neat, too.

While the new sorcerers @ the Magic Kingdom game really is just a rip off of this, i'm still interested to see what the effects look like.

darthmacho
10-01-2011, 04:50 PM
Good thread. I was wondering the same thing. I'm going to split World Showcase into two days next trip so I can fit this in with my kids.

HoosierDisneyFan
10-01-2011, 05:26 PM
Only warning is that you kids might not want to stop.

linedropper
10-01-2011, 06:19 PM
my dd was 8 when we did it and we had fun! She loved it!

Jeff
10-01-2011, 09:05 PM
My daughter and friends on spring break from college did the Kim thing. They loved it. Wife and I then did it with her again last Christmas. It was certainly worth it. As others have said you will see some cool things that otherwise miss in Epcot.

syndrome
10-02-2011, 09:31 PM
My DS9 and I loved doing this in July when we were there. It was so crowded while we were there and the KP experience kind of makes Epcot feel very small. It really personalized the trip for us.

Jared
10-02-2011, 10:10 PM
My girlfriend and I love the Kim Possible game, and we don't travel with children. There's no question the game is designed with kids in mind, but it's a great way to explore corners of World Showcase you might not see otherwise, and the missions are just plain fun!

As for the time involved, one of the things we love most about it is how you can play at your own pace. If you are in Norway and want to stop to ride Maelstrom, no problem -- Kim Possible will wait. We've stopped mid-mission in Japan to honor our dinner reservation at Tokyo Dining, only to return to it about two hours later.

Have fun!

Greenlawler
10-02-2011, 11:45 PM
It is great!

Tigerinvestigator
10-04-2011, 12:19 PM
We finally did this on our last trip this past March. Our girls are 7, 9 and 14 and they all loved it. My DW and I also enjoyed the special effects. Its amazing all that stuff has been going on around us as we walked thru WS and we never knew. Like everyone else said, try it and if they don't like it just return the phone...no big deal.:thumbsup:

Butters
10-04-2011, 01:59 PM
My wife and I enjoyed it for a while but after a few missions we were ready to move on...