PDA

View Full Version : Possibility of getting a room at the last minute...

Dsnygirl
09-30-2011, 02:35 AM
Question for those of you who might know, or had this happen for you...

My DH and I made the decision to make a spontaneous trip back to the world in Oct. for a romantic getaway. :cloud9:

Knowing we'd be arriving at the resort around 8 pm and off to the parks the next morning early, we decided to spend our first night at Pop, as we've always wondered about it, and then our next 3 nights are at AKL.

Well, in thinking more about it over the last few days, we decided - what the heck - let's just do AKL all four nights. :blush:

Well, it turns out there are no rooms available there - not for the AP rate, not at all. :(

Do you guys think that might change?? We don't arrive 'til Oct 27... do rooms ever open up? Should I ask my TA at MJ to keep an ear to the ground, or does this just never happen and it'd be a waste of her time?

Thanks for any input...

Mousemates
09-30-2011, 04:57 AM
yep...rooms do open up...cancellations and changes of plans happen frequently (for example if you get your choice then a room would open up for someone else for a night at the Pop)....def keep trying (or let someone keep trying for you) on a daily basis.

VWL Mom
09-30-2011, 06:30 AM
Did you check the villas for 1 night? Then it would just be a matter of changing rooms but you would be at AKL.

I had asked about passholder rooms opening up and was told not very ofter but I started with 3 nts at VWL and was able to add another and then another until I got the 5 I wanted, just keep checking.

God luck!

JenniferS.
09-30-2011, 06:41 AM
We are also arriving Oct. 27th!!! It's getting close. I would let MJ know and I'm sure they will keep a look out and you can keep checking too!