John
09-29-2011, 10:20 PM
INTERCOT Insider
Episode 23
Famous Gary’s In History

The Cast: Gary, Mel, Carol, Gary, Ian & John

Brought to you by:
Magical Journey’s - http://www.yourmagicaljourneys.com

The Official Ticket Center - http://www.officialticketcenter.com/cgi-bin/store/commerce.cgi?product=tickets&refer=TC21LBC

- Big announcement - partnership with James Cameron to create Avatar “stuff”
- Gary and Carol want a Lord of the Rings land
- Development begins in 2014 at Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- 60% of the podcast crew has not seen the movie…
- Gary points out the detail James Cameron goes to
- Would Avatar fly in California?
- Ian went thru the 5 stages of grief
- Avatar looks like one big Yes album cover (not enough blue though) http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/f6/Fly_from_Here.jpg
- Why not develop the intellectual property they already have?
- Disney PR put out a FAQ
- Ian is worried Avatar land will be heavily “film based”
- Walken gets a mention
- John thinks Camp Minnie Mickey is toast - mark his word
- The Discovery River Boats - FAIL
- First appearance of Cylon Gary - then Ian calls in with a Ma Bell phone.
- Call us anxious or nervious - but we see potential
- So much untapped potential - John wants a better Lion King attraction or one based on Aladdin (Mel loves the idea).
- Ian wants a Willy Wonka theme park
- Ian sings “I Can See Clearly Now” and we get in our beer mention and talk IBU’s
- INTERCOT’s Best Of - Attraction with little to no line: Melanie says People Mover, Ian queue’s for Snow White’s Scary Adventures, Carol says Flights of Wonder, Gary jumps on the way back machine for Carousel of Progress, John goes to Epcot & Spaceship Earth.
- GM to re-up Test Track Sponsorship?
- A discussion of Famous Gary’s including Gary the Snail.
- iTunes Reviews
- Downtown Disney trick or treating
- Don’t touch Gary
- Trick or Meet Up - sold out
- Epcot changing the opening schedule / rope drop
- The GREAT STROLLER RACE 2012 - Mel throws down the challenge vs. Ian. Gary and John to film.
- Gary made a Bert Convy reference! Bert Convy!
- Magic Kingdom Parking lot - Hero’s and Villains

>> Download, Listen, Love (http://intercot.com/interactive/insiderlive/2011/episode-23.asp)

Bass T-bone
09-30-2011, 07:43 AM
Invalid URL...

*cough*

John
09-30-2011, 08:14 AM
Invalid URL...

*cough*

Huh?

Just tested both the link below and the two links on the page to the podcast itself and they both worked?

Bass T-bone
09-30-2011, 08:39 AM
You got me...
Not working on iTunes

wdwluv
09-30-2011, 09:12 AM
Not working for me either! :confused:

John
09-30-2011, 10:28 AM
Odd. Able to listen on google listen which pulls from the same rss feed as itunes does.

Will check it out in the next hour or so when I can get to a computer. In the meantime, you can listen or download right here on the site.

Sometimes itunes doesn't update right away.

Bass T-bone
09-30-2011, 10:43 AM
I think you're right John.
Episode 23 is not on iTunes' list.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/intercot-insider-live/id396268998

Bass T-bone
09-30-2011, 11:04 AM
Working now,

carry on... :thumbsup:

John
09-30-2011, 11:05 AM
It should be fixed now. There was an issue with some of the text in the show notes that caused the RSS feed to be invalid.

I guess Google Listen ignored that error but Itunes did not.

I just did a refresh in iTunes and everything showed up fine.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
09-30-2011, 02:33 PM
I can get it on my itunes on my computer, but my itunes on my ipod doesn't show it. Oh well, will have to find that pesky ipod cord and link it to my computer apparently.

Septbride2002
09-30-2011, 02:44 PM
Ahem...in defense of St. Louis (which is an awesome city) yes in the winter we do have Bald Eagles in the area. In fact early this week one flew over my house after dinner when the kids were playing in the yard. I've never had one fly over the house before because they usually stay a bit closer to the river. I'm not far from where Gary is though so maybe he was just a bit off course.

Go Cardinals!

Conceding to the Rams not being the best team in the NFL... :mad: A little bit more respect for the Arch, thank you very much.
Also - pretty happy by my mention in the podcast :) Nice try keeping the delicate flow of the podcast John. :haha:

Ian
09-30-2011, 03:50 PM
Go Cardinals!I apologize in advance for the disappointment you'll be feeling at their getting swept by my Phillies. :razz:

dpamac
09-30-2011, 04:07 PM
I apologize in advance for the disappointment you'll be feeling at their getting swept by my Phillies. :razz:

Hope, for your sake, it's not 1964 all over again. Because you've got to know when to phold 'em...

dpamac
09-30-2011, 04:11 PM
Ahem...in defense of St. Louis (which is an awesome city) yes in the winter we do have Bald Eagles in the area. In fact early this week one flew over my house after dinner when the kids were playing in the yard. I've never had one fly over the house before because they usually stay a bit closer to the river. I'm not far from where Gary is though so maybe he was just a bit off course.

Might have been some good food out that way, I guess. I see one every year as they are heading back north. He/she camps out at Creve Coeur Lake in a tree along marine for about two weeks. First time I saw it I looked and thought, "Gee is that a bald eagle? No, that's impossible it's four miles to the river." Then it flew across the lake and grabbed a snack. No mistaking that motion. I've watched Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom.

Septbride2002
09-30-2011, 07:11 PM
I apologize in advance for the disappointment you'll be feeling at their getting swept by my Phillies. :razz:

I'm not very worried about that. ;)

Septbride2002
09-30-2011, 07:15 PM
Might have been some good food out that way, I guess. I see one every year as they are heading back north. He/she camps out at Creve Coeur Lake in a tree along marine for about two weeks. First time I saw it I looked and thought, "Gee is that a bald eagle? No, that's impossible it's four miles to the river." Then it flew across the lake and grabbed a snack. No mistaking that motion. I've watched Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom.

It is weird to see them that close. We could see it coming (we get quite a bit of hawks but you could tell this one was BIG bird) it just kept coming and coming, all the kids stopped playing and we all just looked up as it flew over. Very majestic - kinda puts the two at Grants Farms to shame.

So when the Cardinals kick the Phillies butts can I please be a call in to the pod cast to mock Ian? :D

~Amanda

Melanie
09-30-2011, 08:52 PM
So when the Cardinals kick the Phillies butts can I please be a call in to the pod cast to mock Ian? :D

I'll take care of that for you. ;)

diz_girl
09-30-2011, 09:50 PM
Thanks for another great Podcast! It definitely made closing out our books for the year much more enjoyable than it should be tonight. At least there are fewer co-workers around to witness my endless giggling from the Podcast. I will write a review on iTunes once I figure out how to do it.

Does knowing who Neil deGrasse Tyson is make me a space nerd too? Although I've probably got the nerd thing covered because I watch so many scripted shows on Syfy (Eureka, Warehouse 13, Haven, Alphas).

Anyway, has Gary been meaning to mention Bert Convy just because he was born in St. Louis? I loved Battle of the Network Stars and lamented its passing.

I loved Shawn Cassidy too. He was so dreamy back then and has held up well over time. Andy Gibb and Donny Osmond also sent my then 8-year-old heart a flutter back in the 70s.

dpamac
09-30-2011, 11:47 PM
Does knowing who Neil deGrasse Tyson is make me a space nerd too? Although I've probably got the nerd thing covered because I watch so many scripted shows on Syfy (Eureka, Warehouse 13, Haven, Alphas).

That just makes you awesome. And, on that note, WHERE DID THE AESTRAUS GO? They can't just take my beloved Felicia Day and drop her in the middle of nowhere!

Anyway, has Gary been meaning to mention Bert Convy just because he was born in St. Louis? I loved Battle of the Network Stars and lamented its passing.

Woah. I did not know this. This is blowing my mind. And, I just discovered he played minor league baseball in the Phillies system. Weird! My random thoughts are so much smarter than I am.

Melanie
09-30-2011, 11:47 PM
I'm listening to it right now - which is something I hardly ever do when I'm actually on the episode - and Gary's AT&T joke towards Ian is :funny:. Good one!

ETA: I love my call out to Carol when they guys get too 'technical' for us.Have no idea what they were discussing. That's a common thing for us. ;)

CAS
10-01-2011, 12:20 AM
I am looking forward to meeting Gary in October to see if he is human or machine.

SpecJoe Magic
10-01-2011, 12:54 AM
In regards to being stuck on Carousel of Progress and watching the same scene multiple times, I had that experience once as well with an added twist. As the theater was rotating from one scene to the next, it stopped in between scenes, so we were treated to two different decades at the same time. It was very confusing to say the least.

Also, a good attraction with a short line is not an oxymoron. Just because the line is short doesn't mean the attraction isn't popular because attraction capacity plays a huge part in determining the length of a line. For example, Test Track always has a long line. That's partly because it is popular, but it's also because the capacity for the ride is so low since it can only accommodate 6 people per car, there are relatively few cars on the track, and the cars have to be stopped for loading and unloading. In contrast, Spaceship Earth's line is typically short because it accommodates a lot of people on a continuous basis, as there are numerous ride vehicles on the track and the ride almost never stops for loading and unloading. Supposedly, Spaceship Earth is the most visited attraction at Walt Disney World. I felt the need to point this out even though it seems obvious. I am baffled by how many times I've heard people assume that a short line or a long line is the only indicator of an attraction's popularity.

CAS
10-01-2011, 01:27 AM
Theferthon Exthpansion Memorial! Oh my God you guys are cracking me up!

CAS
10-01-2011, 01:53 AM
Sorry, still listening and just got to the part about iTunes reviews. Ian, my alter ego is florida995 and Mel, it was also me who suggested the bios and how everyone came to Intercot. :mcoffee:

Ian
10-01-2011, 10:43 AM
ETA: I love my call out to Carol when they guys get too 'technical' for us.Have no idea what they were discussing. That's a common thing for us. ;)I just heard that part, actually. Made me laugh, too! We were talking about the "CAVE technology!"

And trust me ... none of us knew what we were talking about either. :D

GO PHILLIES!!!!!!!!

dpamac
10-01-2011, 11:20 AM
I am looking forward to meeting Gary in October to see if he is human or machine.

They can rebuild me. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's first bionic man. Gary will be that man. Better than he was before. Better, stronger, faster.

2Epcot
10-02-2011, 08:50 PM
Another great podcast. I always think the sidetrack subjects make the show more interesting.

wdwluv
10-03-2011, 11:16 AM
Another great podcast. I always think the sidetrack subjects make the show more interesting.

DITTO!!!

I was laughing out loud today.

SOARIN' AND STROLLERS!

Ok - so if you KNOW where the stroller parking is, and proceed right there, you might be in good shape. BUT if you don't know that you will have to park your stroller to get into the building, AND THEN, you have to battle the crowd to get to the stroller parking, it becomes a bigger delay AND VERY FRUSTRATING!!!, as it was for us on our last trip. (2nd trip as a family, hadn't headed to soarin first our first trip) And if I remember right, the normal stroller parking was full, and we had to go even further away. Not fun with 3 kids in tow!!! And what if you aren't headed for Fast Pass, you want to go on the ride immediately?

Go Ian! :mickey: Will there be Mel's Throwdown/Team Ian shirts?

darthmacho
10-03-2011, 02:37 PM
Thank you for the podcast! Finally got to listen to the download in work last night, and as I've said before, it really helps me get through an otherwise boring hour of work. Well done.

As for the discussion, I'd really love to see an Aladdin's Magic Carpet dark ride to replace the Dumbo-esque hub and spoke in Adventureland, but I can't imagine that happening, and don't know if the logistics are right, or even possible. I think making it similar to Peter Pan would be very smart.

Also, I wouldn't mind a Duffy ride. Perhaps they could put an exact replica of Small World at the entrance to World Showcase, except make each doll a Duffy dressed in a different costume? Of course they would have to make an original song, but they could call it, Duffy's World! :thedolls: heheheh!

Lastly, Gary the Snail is my favorite Gary...well, a close second anyway. :mickey:

dpamac
10-03-2011, 04:34 PM
T
Lastly, Gary the Snail is my favorite Gary...well, a close second anyway. :mickey:

Seriously! I know the guy who wrote and performed "Gary's Song" from the episode where Gary ran away. It's played when Spongebob is looking for Gary. It was a very surreal experience. Great song though. And I like to pretend it's about me.

Scott C
10-03-2011, 06:38 PM
re: Carousel of Progress - I believe a clarification is in order. The ride originally featured "A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow" at the '64 Worlds Fair and during it's run at Disneyland. The ong was replaced by "Now Is The Time" when it opened at WDW in the early 70's. Of course it has since reverted back to the original tune.

Thanks
Scott C

darthmacho
10-03-2011, 07:40 PM
Seriously! I know the guy who wrote and performed "Gary's Song" from the episode where Gary ran away. It's played when Spongebob is looking for Gary. It was a very surreal experience. Great song though. And I like to pretend it's about me.

Wow. That's pretty cool! I know that episode well. I have to confess, I love Spongebob. It's a rare cartoon that an adult can watch with a 2yo and both can get genuine laughs. It's too bad that the competition owns that franchise. I'd have loved to see Spongebob's Living Seas.

MO-5
10-03-2011, 10:33 PM
Intercot Team,

I just wanted to take a quick moment tonight to let you know that I really enjoy the podcasts you put together. Each of you brings a unique viewpoint on the many topics you cover and the rapport you have with each other makes the show even more enjoyable to listen to. The fact that you actually seem to like each other (hopefully, LOL) makes me feel like I'm just sitting in a room with friends who are talking about one of my favorite topics. I also love that you are able to be critical when warranted. I never visit Disney World without checking Intercot.com for updates and other relevant news to make sure I'm up to date with what's going on. I am a former Cast Member and current AP holder so I consider myself more knowledgeable than the average WDW visitor. That being said, I turn to you when I don't have an answer to a question or need to confirm something.....INFO CENTRAL RULES! Keep up the excellent work! I will continue to listen. Hope to make an Intercot meet up some day.

Heading to the parks for 4 day weekend over Halloween and then back for 3 more days at Thanksgiving after having just spent 5 days there in August. I'm very fortunate this year.

All the best!

Jim Lawlor
Columbia, MD

John
10-03-2011, 11:25 PM
Intercot Team,

I just wanted to take a quick moment tonight to let you know that I really enjoy the podcasts you put together. Each of you brings a unique viewpoint on the many topics you cover and the rapport you have with each other makes the show even more enjoyable to listen to. The fact that you actually seem to like each other (hopefully, LOL) makes me feel like I'm just sitting in a room with friends who are talking about one of my favorite topics. I also love that you are able to be critical when warranted. I never visit Disney World without checking Intercot.com for updates and other relevant news to make sure I'm up to date with what's going on. I am a former Cast Member and current AP holder so I consider myself more knowledgeable than the average WDW visitor. That being said, I turn to you when I don't have an answer to a question or need to confirm something.....INFO CENTRAL RULES! Keep up the excellent work! I will continue to listen. Hope to make an Intercot meet up some day.

Heading to the parks for 4 day weekend over Halloween and then back for 3 more days at Thanksgiving after having just spent 5 days there in August. I'm very fortunate this year.

All the best!

Jim Lawlor
Columbia, MD

Thanks Jim (who lives in my backyard) for the great input. If you get a chance, please be sure to include that in an itunes review and tell a friend or ten about the show.

We (the cast) really value and read all the input in this forum and love hearing from folks like you who enjoy the show.

I will say, it's turned out just as I envisioned - and before we did it, I didn't know if that was possible. But like you said, we have a great crew, we use the right tools and we produce it like a 'broadcast' show - but one among friends - with a relaxed atmosphere. It's a weird balance but it works.

It took a while for us to "get in the game" because I'm a stickler for detail but now that we're in - I'm glad we are.

Again, thanks for taking time to post!

Melanie
10-04-2011, 08:01 AM
The fact that you actually seem to like each other (hopefully, LOL)

HA! We've got you fooled. ;)

dpamac
10-04-2011, 08:11 AM
That being said, I turn to you when I don't have an answer to a question or need to confirm something.....INFO CENTRAL RULES!

Jim, thank you so much for your kind words. Like John said, though he didn't say it this way, what has been built is a testament to his attention to detail and quality. The rest of us goofballs just fall into place behind him. Even when he loses control of us.

We don't say it enough. In fact there's not any possible way we could ever say it enough, but Info Central is 100% the blood, sweat and tears of Carol. She does amazing work there and is constantly on the look out for updates. She's fantastic and produces amazing work. But she's quiet and doesn't seek glory.

That doesn't mean we can't give it to her anyway. Hey Carol! YOU RULE! :cool:

Melanie
10-04-2011, 08:18 AM
That doesn't mean we can't give it to her anyway. Hey Carol! YOU RULE! :cool:

No doubt! :thumbsup:

BrerGnat
10-04-2011, 09:20 AM
Great show! Mel, I laughed so hard when you said "Carol..."

I was thinking the same thing. I was listening while walking and all of a sudden, I thought to myself "I have no idea what I'm listening to...and where are the ladies???" Just then you did your shout out, and it made me laugh out loud.

In Ian's defense, the stroller parking IS really far from the Land. It's all the way by the Living Seas! What is annoying is that they used to just allow people to park strollers along that walkway leading up to the pavilion, against the wall. There is really no reason to disallow that, and having to trek all the way over to the stroller parking area and back (while carrying babies/small toddlers) is really quite annoying! I am on his side on this one for sure, although I am also SO happy to be done with that phase of my life so I don't have to think about those things anymore!

I like the sidetrack topics too. Talk amongst yourselves...we'll be listening!

Melanie
10-04-2011, 10:01 AM
Great show! Mel, I laughed so hard when you said "Carol..."

I was thinking the same thing. I was listening while walking and all of a sudden, I thought to myself "I have no idea what I'm listening to...and where are the ladies???" Just then you did your shout out, and it made me laugh out loud.

I like the sidetrack topics too. Talk amongst yourselves...we'll be listening!

You should have seen the looks Carol and I were giving each other. lol!

What's funny is, you just made me realize that our emails conversations between us all over the years have just spilled over into the podcast. For example, Gary is always tossing in his funnies with a link to a pic or a YouTube video, the guys have always 'lost' Carol and I in the technical talk, and there is sports trash talk almost daily. Yes, we genuinely do like each other.

I see I'm going to have my work cut out for me in this Stroller Throwdown. I''m down for it. :D

BrerGnat
10-04-2011, 10:55 AM
I see I'm going to have my work cut out for me in this Stroller Throwdown. I''m down for it. :D

You guys are going to have to really make it realistic. You can't be using baby dolls...you need to have, like, a 20lb sack of potatoes or something. You know, you have to be able to park the stroller, get the "kid" out, hold it in one arm as the potatoes shift around and are all awkward to hold, while you grab the diaper bag and lock the stroller wheels, then you have to trek over to the Land. Oh, and ideally, it should be done when it's about 90 degrees and humid, OR it's pouring rain! And, in fairness to Ian, it should be a DOUBLE stroller and TWO sacks of potatoes. :D

Melanie
10-04-2011, 02:52 PM
And, in fairness to Ian, it should be a DOUBLE stroller and TWO sacks of potatoes. :D

Who says I have to be fair to Ian?

Carol
10-04-2011, 03:20 PM
:mickey: Will there be Mel's Throwdown/Team Ian shirts?

I don't know about t-shirts - but as you can see from my signature we can certainly pick sides. :D

dpamac
10-04-2011, 04:23 PM
You guys are going to have to really make it realistic. You can't be using baby dolls...you need to have, like, a 20lb sack of potatoes or something. You know, you have to be able to park the stroller, get the "kid" out, hold it in one arm as the potatoes shift around and are all awkward to hold, while you grab the diaper bag and lock the stroller wheels, then you have to trek over to the Land. Oh, and ideally, it should be done when it's about 90 degrees and humid, OR it's pouring rain! And, in fairness to Ian, it should be a DOUBLE stroller and TWO sacks of potatoes. :D

Two GIANT Duffies. Like the one Carol's friend had in Disneyland. It was roughly the size of a wrestler.

wdwluv
10-04-2011, 06:19 PM
I don't know about t-shirts - but as you can see from my signature we can certainly pick sides. :D

LMBO! I love Melanie, but I have to side with Ian on this one. Maybe you are too far removed from your stroller days Melanie?! ;) (or maybe you just wanted to give Ian a hard time. LOL) Our trip this November, will be our first attempt stroller-less. It could be a very long trip! :eek:

BrerGnat
10-04-2011, 06:24 PM
two giant duffies. Like the one carol's friend had in disneyland. It was roughly the size of a wrestler.

yes!!!

Hammer
10-04-2011, 11:02 PM
Another good episode. Some random thoughts-

Mel says she doesn't know any woman who doesn't like Titantic- wrong, because you know and have actually met me :). Saw the movie once and was "eh" about it. I'm sure the fact that I'm not a fan of Leonardo DiCaprio is part of it.
Ian, no blu-ray? Really?
I actually laughed out loud at Gary's Willie Wonka diabetic comment, as my Mom would be right there with you with her insulin pen!
Stroller race 2012- I propose an added component- a wheelchair participant. While you don't have to park it outside, you have to wait for the 1 elevator to get to Soarin. Provided she is able to come, I volunteer my Mom (though she doesn't know it yet ;)).
Carol, how did you not mention Gary Carter?! I think your Mets fan card may need to be suspended :laughing:

One last thing- Go Phillies for the Philly area moderator who always has a Phillies avatar ;) !!

Carol
10-05-2011, 06:14 AM
Carol, how did you not mention Gary Carter?! I think your Mets fan card may need to be suspended :laughing:

Didn't forget, Christine. My fan card is safe.

I was under the impression we were talking about TV and Movie personalities. Hence my answers Gary Cooper and Gary the Snail. However, like most of our conversations it derailed. ;)

dpamac
10-05-2011, 09:08 AM
Didn't forget, Christine. My fan card is safe.

I was under the impression we were talking about TV and Movie personalities. Hence my answers Gary Cooper and Gary the Snail. However, like most of our converstatons it derailed. ;)

I didn't forget Gary Carter. I purposely ignored him. As I was trying to think of Garys I want to be associated with. Not, you know, Mets.

dpamac
10-05-2011, 10:09 AM
I in now way wanted to insult Gary Carter. I only wanted to insult the 1985 Mets. Sorry Gary.

Hammer
10-05-2011, 10:41 AM
Um, Gary, that would be 1986 Mets that won the World Series (It gets by Buckner!)...

I'll forgive you, you are still in shock over yesterday's Phillies-Cardinals play off game ;) !

dpamac
10-05-2011, 02:25 PM
Um, Gary, that would be 1986 Mets that won the World Series (It gets by Buckner!)...

I'll forgive you, you are still in shock over yesterday's Phillies-Cardinals play off game ;) !

What does their win in 1986 have to do with anything? It was literally 1985 when I started hating the Mets. Specifically Gary Carter, Wall Backman, Larry Bowa, Keith Hernandez, Lenny Dykstra, and Rusty Staub. And, you know what? Especially Larry Bowa. To end your career with the Mets after a long career with the Phillies?

Actually I thought yesterday's game was great. No stinging at all. We're lucky to be there, I've been proud of the way the team's been playing considering we collapsed and have managed a huge comeback. In fact, I think the Phillies-Cards series has just been some fantastic baseball. Regardless of who's winning. They're both playing well, the games are tight and hard fought. Good stuff. Plus, Ryan Howard is from STL. We love him.

Scar
10-05-2011, 02:51 PM
Holy Cow! I totally forgot Bowa had a cup of coffee with The Mets.

Oh, and I started hating the Cards in 1982. ;)

You guys forgot Gary Gentry and Gary Cohen.

Hammer
10-05-2011, 02:57 PM
What does their win in 1986 have to do with anything? It was literally 1985 when I started hating the Mets. Specifically Gary Carter, Wall Backman, Larry Bowa, Keith Hernandez, Lenny Dykstra, and Rusty Staub. And, you know what? Especially Larry Bowa. To end your career with the Mets after a long career with the Phillies?

Actually I thought yesterday's game was great. No stinging at all. We're lucky to be there, I've been proud of the way the team's been playing considering we collapsed and have managed a huge comeback. In fact, I think the Phillies-Cards series has just been some fantastic baseball. Regardless of who's winning. They're both playing well, the games are tight and hard fought. Good stuff. Plus, Ryan Howard is from STL. We love him.

Sorry, my mistake. I thought it was due to the 1986 World Series which caused your hatred :) . I also forgot Bowa played for the Mets (as well as Richie Ashburn ending his career with the 1962 Mets).

JPL
10-05-2011, 03:55 PM
I can't believe you guys forgot Gary Gnu! ;)

dpamac
10-05-2011, 07:56 PM

Jeff wins! No gnuews is good gnuews.

Now I have the theme from The Great Space Coaster in my head.

JPL
10-05-2011, 09:36 PM
Jeff wins! No gnuews is good gnuews.

What do I win? I hope it's a stroller ride to Soarin in the great race!

Septbride2002
10-06-2011, 09:53 AM
I in now way wanted to insult Gary Carter. I only wanted to insult the 1985 Mets. Sorry Gary.

:clappy::clappy::laughing::funny::clappy::haha:

Septbride2002
10-06-2011, 09:55 AM

bolding mine.

And this attitude is why we are the best baseball fans in the world. Once a St. Louisan, always a St. Louisan. ;) That and the fact that we applaud good plays by the opposing team.

GO CARDS!!!
~Amanda

brownie
10-06-2011, 11:55 AM
Two GIANT Duffies. Like the one Carol's friend had in Disneyland. It was roughly the size of a wrestler.

I'm looking forward to the Great Stroller Derby! I like the idea of using giant Duffy's. Maybe you could have them holding a beer if you want to add some weight.

darthmacho
10-06-2011, 04:05 PM

:cheers:

dpamac
10-06-2011, 11:19 PM
bolding mine.

And this attitude is why we are the best baseball fans in the world. Once a St. Louisan, always a St. Louisan. ;) That and the fact that we applaud good plays by the opposing team.

GO CARDS!!!
~Amanda

This is all very true. My brother and I had this very discussion at Maggie O'Brien's the other night watching the end of Game 3 before we headed off to the newly (re)opened Peabody to see Wilco. Yes, we'll support our team to no end, but you play a good game, we're going to cheer for you. No matter who you are.

Hammer
10-07-2011, 07:41 AM
This is all very true. My brother and I had this very discussion at Maggie O'Brien's the other night watching the end of Game 3 before we headed off to the newly (re)opened Peabody to see Wilco. Yes, we'll support our team to no end, but you play a good game, we're going to cheer for you. No matter who you are.

That is all true and commendable, but I do have a problem with Cards fans. You aren't critical when your team or a player is playing poorly! I'm not saying you have to be uber-critical, as some people in Philly, New York and Boston can be about their teams, but you need to let people know if you are disappointed in your performance!

Of course, common sense needs to rule. Case in point- I was at Game 2 of this series. Cliff Lee did not have good stuff that game, though he battled through the game to try and right the ship. When he left the game, the stadium still cheered and stood up for him. Why? Because even though that night was bad, he had been great throughout the season, including two months without a loss and a sub 1 ERA in those months.

Tonight should be a great game with 2 great pitchers on the mound. But...

Go Phillies!!!!
(I went old school 80's Phillies maroon to differ since both teams wear red)

dpamac
10-07-2011, 11:29 AM
That is all true and commendable, but I do have a problem with Cards fans. You aren't critical when your team or a player is playing poorly! I'm not saying you have to be uber-critical, as some people in Philly, New York and Boston can be about their teams, but you need to let people know if you are disappointed in your performance!

I'm not entirely sure what you're basing this on, because it isn't accurate, or why you felt the need to even bring it up.

Hammer
10-07-2011, 11:38 AM
I'm not entirely sure what you're basing this on, because it isn't accurate, or why you felt the need to even bring it up.

Because that is all the media says about Cards fans and it drives me crazy. I have never seen it mentioned on Sportscenter about Cards fans booing a team's effort. Just like Philly is about throwing snowballs at Santa Claus and that 1 incident happened over 40 years ago!! But the media brings it up all the time.

People are quick to believe what the media says. However, let's get back to the original topic. We can take this conversation to the Locker Room :) .

John
10-07-2011, 11:54 AM
Because that is all the media says about Cards fans and it drives me crazy. I have never seen it mentioned on Sportscenter about Cards fans booing a team's effort. Just like Philly is about throwing snowballs at Santa Claus and that 1 incident happened over 40 years ago!! But the media brings it up all the time.

People are quick to believe what the media says. However, let's get back to the original topic. We can take this conversation to the Locker Room :) .

Uh, time to move on and let our listeners talk about the podcast...

Cassieblanca
10-07-2011, 01:15 PM
This was the first podcast I listened to, and I loved the chemistry between you all. It was like siting in a room with old friends. There are two points I would like to comment on. The first concerns the location of Avatar land. I believe it will replace Camp Minnie Mickey, which was originally built to be temporary. If it went somewhere else it would have to go behind Everest. There's nowhere else to build an expansion without taking away from the savanna. The other comment I wanted to make was regarding weather or not anyone still goes to the conservation station. I don't believe it's that popular. I worked at Animal Kingdom for nearly 2 years and have never been up there myself.

Anyways, that's just my 2 cents.

John
10-07-2011, 01:19 PM
Nice - someone who sides with me that Camp Minnie Mickey is toast. :)

Cassieblanca
10-07-2011, 02:33 PM
From what I understand it was supposed to be the sight of Beastly Kingdom, but they were behind schedule and over budget, so they built Camp as a placeholder. There is definitely no room to expand on that side of the park. The cast cafeteria and cast services are behind Pizzafari.

diz_girl
10-07-2011, 04:01 PM
That just makes you awesome.

Gary's my favorite!

And, on that note, WHERE DID THE AESTRAUS GO? They can't just take my beloved Felicia Day and drop her in the middle of nowhere!

Spoken like a Guild fan. I bet that they aren't even off-planet. Beverly Barlow probably stole the Astraeus and it's in some kind of biodome simulated to be like a planet or moon to spy on them or something. Or maybe the Senator is somehow involved. Of course, this is pure conjecture.

I guess that I should get back to the Podcast discussion. We don't want to upset the delicate genius by straying too far off tangent. The baseball discussion was painful enough.

Septbride2002
10-07-2011, 11:18 PM
Oooooooooooooooohhhhh Ian :thedolls:

Ian
10-08-2011, 07:44 AM
Oooooooooooooooohhhhh Ian :thedolls:Congratulations. I can now 100% guarantee you you will be celebrating a World Series victory in a few weeks.

The key to winning in the playoffs is to match up against a Philadelphia team. Think about it ...

2010 - Bruins defeat Flyers, win Stanley Cup
2010 - Green Bay Packers defeat Eagles, win Super Bowl
2010 - San Francisco Giants defeat Phillies, win World Series
2009 - Chicago Blackhawks defeat Flyers, win Stanley Cup
2009 - Yankees defeat Phillies, win World Series

There's probably more than I'm missing, too. If you want to make a quick buck, go to Vegas right now and bet $1,000 on the Cards to win it all. It's as close to a sure thing as there is!

Septbride2002
10-08-2011, 09:46 AM
:thumbsup: Never bet against the Cards in October! :thumbsup:

That being said - the Brewers have given us issues all season long so I'm not counting my chickens just yet.

~Amanda

Melanie
10-08-2011, 09:56 AM
Alright guys, just a reminder to take the in-depth playoff talk back to the Locker Room. :thumbsup:

Melanie
10-08-2011, 11:53 AM

Why thanks Carol. :D

LMBO! I love Melanie, but I have to side with Ian on this one. Maybe you are too far removed from your stroller days Melanie?! ;) (or maybe you just wanted to give Ian a hard time. LOL) Our trip this November, will be our first attempt stroller-less. It could be a very long trip! :eek:

Stroller-less is the way to go! We only did one trip with a stroller, and then it was resting or riding on dad's shoulders.

I honestly wasn't trying to give Ian a hard time. Like I said, I was walking past there one day and looking at the distance of the stroller parking to The Land, I couldn't believe it was something worth the rant Ian went on. Wherever you park, you still have to get the babies out, and get everything settled with your stroller. I can see why Disney moved the parking from the already completely congested walkway up to The Land. This is just a adding a few steps. Plus, Ian is always saying he's at WDW on vacation, so why sweat the small stuff. This is small stuff to me. ;) So yeah maybe I was trying to give him a hard time. :secret:

I'm looking forward to the Great Stroller Derby! I like the idea of using giant Duffy's. Maybe you could have them holding a beer if you want to add some weight.

:thumbsup::beer:

Yungbuck73
10-19-2011, 11:18 PM
Sorry for jumping in here but thanks for reading my review of the podcast from iTunes. It was my pleasure. Also John, and Melanie my twitter name is @JustinTmccarthy and I met u John at MK Sunday night. Once again was a pleasure.
Just a note to all who do this podcast, THANK YOU for the hours of entertainment and like I said in my review, can't wait to meet all of you at the LMNOP next year. Keep up the great work
Justin

Melanie
10-20-2011, 06:55 AM
Sorry for jumping in here but thanks for reading my review of the podcast from iTunes. It was my pleasure. Also John, and Melanie my twitter name is @JustinTmccarthy and I met u John at MK Sunday night. Once again was a pleasure.
Just a note to all who do this podcast, THANK YOU for the hours of entertainment and like I said in my review, can't wait to meet all of you at the LMNOP next year. Keep up the great work
Justin

Great to hear from you Justin! Looking forward to LMNOP as well. Thanks again for the review. :thumbsup:

diz_girl
10-21-2011, 01:40 PM
Guys - when should we expect the next episode? It's been three weeks since the last one and many of us are anxiously awaiting it. I'll get the chance to listen to one, or possibly two new episodes before I leave for my November trip. While I initially began listening to the podcasts for the information, my primary reason for listening now is the banter.

I wonder if you'll discuss the six-week closure of Dumbo this winter.

Melanie
10-21-2011, 02:22 PM
Amanda, the episode is taped, but John was in WDW this week and still needs to edit. Should be up this weekend sometime.

Ian
10-26-2011, 08:19 AM
Okay, so I'm biased to a degree, but man did I think this episode was funny. Carol and Gary dropped a couple of lines that made me burst out laughing.

I'm really lucky to be teamed with this crew ... thanks to all of you for making this so much fun! :thumbsup:

CAS
10-29-2011, 03:05 AM
If you want to make a quick buck, go to Vegas right now and bet $1,000 on the Cards to win it all. It's as close to a sure thing as there is!

Thanks to Ian I retire tomorrow on my winnings. Your cut will be mailed shortly.