PDA

View Full Version : POR or POFQ??

SugarMagnolia
09-29-2011, 09:36 PM
My husband (50) me (42) and our 22 month old grandson are going to WDW April 29-May 5, 2012. This will be my 7th trip to WDW, my husband's 3rd and my grandson's 2nd -- we took him last year when he was 10 months old. We stayed at the Yacht Club last year but can't afford to do that another year. So I've decided either POR (preferably AB) or POFQ. I stayed at Dixie Landings in 1996 and I really liked it then. On one hand I would love the bigger food court and quiet pools of POR on the other hand I'd love the smaller size and less walking at POFQ. My grandson is a very mellow baby (who LOVES to swim). When we took him to WDW last year he LOVED all the rides and characters. But you know how that goes -- just because he liked them last year, doesn't mean he'll like them this year. So with that being said, I am slightly worried that the big faces in the food court of POFQ will scare him. But I'm not sure if AB will be refurbished by the time we get there (and I sure would like to have a refurbished room). I'm so sorry for the rambling... I just can't decide. Can anyone offer me their opinion??

Thanks

Angela

Scott C
09-29-2011, 09:51 PM
Rough choice - I have stayed at both and was in fact, at POR last week. I would think that the small size of POFQ would win out in your situation( I know it is my favorite of the two) I was thinking of the clown-like heads as I was reading your post even before you mentioned it - It might be a little much for the kid. You cant go wrong with either choice. POR's quiet pool might tend to sway me that way also. Wish I could have been more help.........

Scott C

texas211
09-29-2011, 11:07 PM
The clown heads scare me.

The Hitchhiking Ghost
09-30-2011, 05:25 PM
Does POFQ have a kiddie pool? I know that POR, in addition to quiet pools has a small kiddie wading pool off of the main pool. Can't remember if FQ offers that.

Having stayed at both I prefer POR - I just love getting lost wandering on the paths and the deep south atmosphere.

But, can't really go wrong with either.

SugarMagnolia
10-01-2011, 08:57 PM
Thanks everybody!

garymacd
10-02-2011, 12:58 PM
POFQ does have a kiddie pool. It is just inside the gate to the pool area to your right. It is actually hidden by a line of bushes, so you may miss it.

We like both POR and POFQ but really like POFQ for the size and intimacy. My daughter really dislikes clowns, but has never mentioned the parade heads at Sassagoula Floatworks.

By the way, you can only get beignets at POFQ. We used to be able to get them at POR, but, oh well.

The nice thing about the AB area of POR is that it is on the first two bus stops, so hopefully you will get a seat on the buses.

I do like the theming of the food courts of both resorts. The working waterwheel travels through the entire food court. Really interesting.