PDA

View Full Version : Dining Plan, tips and KTK card

brivers222
09-29-2011, 10:03 AM
I have what i hope is a question with a simple answer...

Is it possible to charge tips back to the room via the KTK card?

and if so, how can you verify that the correct tip amount was charged back to the room?

faline
09-29-2011, 10:19 AM
You can use your room key/park pass to charge tips back to your room when you set up charging priveleges at checkin. At any point, you can request a printout of all charges placed against your card by asking for this at the concierge desk at your resort.

brivers222
09-29-2011, 10:27 AM
perfect, this will help out not having to carry cash into the parks! I knew about other charges back to room, but last time I was on the Dining Plan it was all-inclusive (tips as well) so only paying tips is new to me ;)

Butters
09-29-2011, 10:36 AM
This makes everything very easy, I never bring anything to the parks except my ID and room key.

magicofdisney
09-29-2011, 11:18 AM
I was trying to allow my children to show responsibility this trip so I allowed my 13yo to keep his KTTW card. I also limited charging privileges to $100 as a just-in-case.

One day at Cosmic Rays, he lost his card. He remembered using it to pay for his food and that's the last time he saw it. We checked with the cashier, who asked the food prep workers if they'd seen it. One of them went in back and returned with the card.

Upon leaving the park, we stopped by Customer Relations. I wanted to check if the card had been used that day for anything other than his meal. It had not, however they were able to tell me all charges placed against our room, otherwise.

All this to say you don't have to rush back to your hotel if a similar situations happens to you. Customer Relations at any park (and I'm guessing DTD as well) can provide you with the information.

PS. We charged our tips to our room using the KTTW card. :mickey: If you decide to put a limit on it, you need only pay it off to renew the limit. That $100 limit I placed wouldn't even cover 3 meal tips, but I didn't want to risk too many funds available.

brivers222
09-29-2011, 01:41 PM
thank you for the replies!