PDA

View Full Version : Cute story of older couple at Epcot

dnickels
09-28-2011, 09:55 PM
A friend of mine just relayed a neat story to me that I thought fellow Disney fans would enjoy.

Apparently she met a married couple who are in their 90s. While health issues have slowed them down, their entertainment for over a decade was to go over to Epcot nearly every day and walk around the countries seeing the performers. Their favorite? The British Invasion. They figured that over the years they have seen them perform well over a thousand times. Those are some dedicated groupies! :thumbsup:

Tink#64
09-29-2011, 12:14 AM
WOW! What a great story! They sound like a very sweet couple! I envy them! I'd love to have a conversation with them! Oh the tales they could tell! Thanks for sharing! :D

mickey_M_lvr
09-29-2011, 02:04 PM
After hearing this story...My dream of moving into Cinderella's castle isn't that far off. :rotfl:

Seems like this couple almost lives at EPCOT..

I hope to have as much happiness and be as active when I am there age.

DVCJohn
09-30-2011, 02:56 PM
I had been taking my parents 2 times a year to WDW since 2000. Both were in their 80's and loved their times at WDW. My Mother passed away in September of last year. The day before she passed, all she could talk about was her upcoming stay at GF 2 weeks before Christmas. I was going to cancel the trip after she was gone but my father absolutely had to go to honor her. I remember him tearing up when we walked into GF to check in. The whole time we were there we would talk about the different thing my mother loved about GF and WDW in general. I think that trip helped both me and my father deal with the grief a little better.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
09-30-2011, 10:30 PM
John, I'm sorry for your loss. But honoring your mother by going on your trip and remembering the good times helps with the healing.

I want to be like that older couple and still going to the parks when I get to be that age.