PDA

View Full Version : DVC Questions

clausjo
09-28-2011, 11:26 AM
We are considering purchasing DVC and am in the process of reviewing all of the information I've received and doing my initial research. I have a few questions with regard to the point value if you use your points for a non-DVC propery. Meaning, if we decide to use points for a cruise, is it worth it? Or if we decide to take a trip to a resort in the Colorado mountains. Does this make sense? Since the purchase is for many, many years, and part of the selling point is that you aren't locked into only a Disney vacation, I'm curious to see how the point value is at other locations.

DizneyRox
09-28-2011, 12:15 PM
Point costs for non DVC locations can and does change. It's not typically a good value to use your points outside of the DVC resorts. For example, the WDW moderate resort point costs tower above the DVC resort costs, and DVC is considered deluxe.

Trading through RCI might be a little better deal, but even RCI can change. It used to be II just a few years ago, and I bet that it will change back at some point when the contract expires.