PDA

View Full Version : Military Discount for Halloween Party

clausjo
09-28-2011, 09:52 AM
A friend of ours has offered to purchase us tickets to the NSSHP using her military discount. Does anyone know if this is allowed? She would be purchasing them for us as a gift (we took care of her kids while she was out of town and her husband's work schedule was completely crazy). My kids and I are visiting my parents mid-October with no plans on visiting the parks so she thought this would be a nice thank you. She would not be attending the party, just buying the tickets. I don't want to break any rules, but it sure would be a nice gift!

MickeysBestPal
09-28-2011, 09:56 AM
Military discounted party tickets are good only on September 13, 16, 20, 23, 27, 30.
So, unless you're going this Friday, I don't think you'll be able to do this, anyway.

clausjo
09-28-2011, 10:12 AM
Oh, well that settles it then, I didn't realize they were only for certain dates.

Thanks!

BrerGnat
09-28-2011, 12:37 PM
For future reference, though, that can't be done. When you go to use the tickets, they can ask for military ID and at least ONE ticket holder in the party needs to have one. The tickets can be purchased for use by friends, but the military member has to be part of the party at the time of use.

This applies to any discounted military tickets.

Melanie
09-28-2011, 03:05 PM
And, just to add on to what Natalie explained, this particular discount (for MNSSHP) requires ticket purchase to be done at a WDW ticket window, so the military member would have to be present.