PDA

View Full Version : Late-night dining

Jared
09-28-2011, 08:43 AM
Good morning, folks. One quick question:

Because of our work schedules, my girlfriend and I typically eat dinner rather late, often around 9 p.m. or even later at times. On our upcoming trip, we were planning on some nights to head to Downtown Disney for dinner after some of the parks start closing.

Are all of the restaurants open and still serving dinner at that time? Is it still necessary to make a reservation at 9:30 for the various places?

Any insight would be much appreciated. Thanks!

TheDuckRocks
09-28-2011, 09:42 AM
I just checked and T Rex, Wolfgang Puck and Fulton's Crab House are open until at least 10:30/11 o'clock. I would guess the others would be about the same. If it were a weekend night I would want to have reservations to be on the safeside. It can be really crowded then.

DizneyRox
09-28-2011, 09:49 AM
I would get reservations regardless. At least you'll know the place is open. On more than one occasion we wanted to eat late on arrival night. Ended up eating chips out of a vending machine because we couldn't find anything open. Didn't want to bus around property and hope we got lucky either.

BrerGnat
09-28-2011, 12:39 PM
Restaurants will typically continue seating until 15 min prior to "closing time." So, if you make a note of the closing times, and make sure you get there early, you'll be fine.

If it's past 10:30 or 11, you can head to Picabu at the Dolphin, which is open 24/7. Ditto Captain Cook's at the Poly and Gasparilla's at the GF, although the grills at these places do close around 11 or midnight.