PDA

View Full Version : Best day for MK Sat and Sun?? Now I am confused!

tysmama
09-27-2011, 10:38 PM
Going back after 3 years! So excited because it will be my DD first trip (2 years old) and my parents as well. DH, DS and I are looking forward to showing them the WORLD! Trying to start planning for ADRs (can book in 3 days!!). Will be there before Easter (I know...DH is a teacher so we only go when it is crowded!)

In trying to map out which days we will likely be in certain parks, I have been checking out a site that provides recommendations (well known but not sure that I can name them). They recommend MK as the best park on Sat and Sun of the week we will be there. This blew my mind because I was told (and believed) that weekends were not great for MK. Now I am confused.... any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!! :mickey:

mydisneygirls
09-27-2011, 11:00 PM
We just got back Saturday and everything I read was that Sept was a slow time of the year. I found out that this was not so on weekend days as MK was extremely crowded because the Florida residents are there (can you blame them? LOL). Noticed at one point that the Peter Pan ride had a wait time of 50 mins!!! We got fast passes and rode the rides we wanted to with a shorter wait time but towards the end of the day (5 pm on), the wait times went down. So to answer your question, the weekend days are the busiest.

Twinsowner
09-28-2011, 12:38 AM
We generally go in the fall(no longer a low season) and in our opinion it is wise to avoid MK on the weekends. As a matter of fact, we have stopped going to a park at all on Saturday and now plan other things alltogether. But if your days are limited then you have no choice. Just make the best of it!

LVT
09-28-2011, 07:19 AM
You might verify if Sun is an evening Extra Magic Hours. That temps a lot of people without the hopper passes to stay there.

Gator
09-28-2011, 11:50 AM
Saturday is the busiest day of the week for all parks. However, MK is especially so on Saturday. I've been there on a Sunday several times and the crowds are normal, but Saturdays are crazy busy there. I've been to all the other parks on Saturday, and even though they have more people on that day, it's still better than MK.

magicofdisney
09-28-2011, 12:15 PM
Disney has begun offering a FL resident week-day pass. Along with the other black-out periods (summer, Christmas, Spring Break), it also blacks-out weekends. It was my impression this is because weekends are so busy, they're trying to discourage locals during that time. If this is true, that should alert you to the crowd potential on weekends.

SBETigg
09-28-2011, 12:21 PM
EMH has really changed the traditional logic on busy days in parks, I think. Parks that had EMH the night before tend to be a good bet, we've found. Also, morning EMH is great if you go early and take advantage, then leave that park before noon. Parks with evening EMH generally become the parks to avoid-- unless you go late and stay late. Also depends on time or year. With the Food and Wine festival being extremely popular on weekends in Epcot, weekends become a good time to hit other parks, like the MK.

Pooh Fan
09-28-2011, 01:12 PM
I just completed my first trip that I based my daily park choices on the recommendation of a park crowd planning site. It worked out very well for me and in talking with other folks who had been at the "not recommended" parks it sounded like they were in fact quite busy. Something to keep in mind (assuming we are taling about the same site) is that they have a rule where every park has to be a "recommeded" and a "not recommended" park at least once in a seven day period. I think they refer to this as the "7 day rule". So since you are going during a time that is consistently busy, it may just be that those are the best days for the time period you are there. Also look at the per-park numbers for the days to see it if matched up.

Main Street Jim
09-28-2011, 05:24 PM
Noticed at one point that the Peter Pan ride had a wait time of 50 mins!!! mydisneygirls...you seemed *shocked* by this...LOL....ehhhh....50 minutes is *nothing* for Peter Pan...:)

But...take it from a long-time Cast Member at Magic Kingdom: Saturdays *will* be busy. Whatever park has EMH on Friday night would be the park I would visit on Saturday. Sundays are a less-crowded day, that, and usually an EMH night at MK. So, you can head over a little later in the day, and, if you're staying at a resort, use the extra time to enjoy those attractions that had a longer wait during the day :thumbsup:

Aurora
09-28-2011, 06:55 PM
Will be there before Easter (I know...DH is a teacher so we only go when it is crowded!)

In trying to map out which days we will likely be in certain parks, I have been checking out a site that provides recommendations (well known but not sure that I can name them). They recommend MK as the best park on Sat and Sun of the week we will be there. This blew my mind because I was told (and believed) that weekends were not great for MK. Now I am confused.... any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!! :mickey:

It may be that you're going at a time that is one of the most crowded of the year. In that case, it may be that the MK's best days are Saturday and Sunday because every day will be packed, the weekend a little less so. (I'm guessing you won't notice the difference if Touring Plans rates the days at 9s.)