PDA

View Full Version : Tables in wonderland

spinnerf
09-27-2011, 10:05 PM
So we bought tables in wonder land today and ate at biergarten tonight. I did not realize that although you get 20 percent off they automatically add on an 18 percent tip regardless of party size. Not a big deal since I usually start my tipping at 20, and I won't usually add to an automatic tip. So the bill was $109 for 2 adults and 1 child including a glass of wine and a giant beer. Saved $20 tonight, now I just have to cover $55 more to make it a wash.

Melanie
09-27-2011, 10:10 PM
You'll do it quickly. No worries! ;)

Love TiW. The 18% doesn't bother me at all. :thumbsup:

DizneyRox
09-27-2011, 10:50 PM
Actually, the 18% is a money saver for us. We are big tippers usually, so we are saving money on tip too. I refuse to leave more than the 18% surcharge. Once you take the choice out of my hands, that's it.

spinnerf
09-28-2011, 06:28 AM
I agree, and I always feel a bit weird leaving a regular tip at a buffet restaurant, but we always do.

disneymom15
09-28-2011, 09:24 AM
We bought TIW on our trip in Aug. We've almost recouped our money on just that 1 trip. We have 2 more trips planned that we can use the card on. I also like that they add the tip on automatically.

disneynarula
12-19-2011, 08:34 AM
I am trying to decide if we should buy TIW or do the DDP. Any thoughts?

DizneyRox
12-19-2011, 09:06 AM
You need to do the math. The ddp for us doesn't work out, not even close. TiW is a huge savings for us, and we've always been just the two of us, with another mouth at the table, savings will add up even quicker.

faline
12-19-2011, 10:10 AM
Personally, I find I get better value from Tables in Wonderland than I do from the dining plan. I get to eat the way I want and can add on appetizers when wanted and leave off desserts when not wanted.

DVC2004
12-19-2011, 12:48 PM
I think TIW is great, and I am excited about being available to DVC members in 2012 without an AP. For us it works better, too. We prefer the 20% including alcohol because we usually enjoy a glass or two of wine/beer with our sit down meals. The dessert is not something we always get or want, and it's a big waste when each person gets it because there is no way after eating sit down (or counter service for that matter) we each have room for individual desserts.

chechas
12-20-2011, 07:40 AM
I am another one who prefers TiWL over the DDP. Even with the black out dates it works better for us. Especially when I go to Victoria and Albert! LOL

disneynarula
12-20-2011, 07:43 AM
Thanks... that is something to consider. Is the parking really free if you go to a park to dine? What if we went to Epcot for dinner and decided to linger a few hours after our meal?

disneynarula
12-20-2011, 07:44 AM
Does everyone in you party need to have it?

Scar
12-20-2011, 08:11 AM
Does everyone in you party need to have it?One TiW card is good for a party of up to 10 people.

KylesMom
12-20-2011, 11:25 AM
Yes, they started including the automatic 18% gratuity a few years ago. We have more than gotten our money's worth each time we've purchased the membership over the years.

Thanks... that is something to consider. Is the parking really free if you go to a park to dine? What if we went to Epcot for dinner and decided to linger a few hours after our meal?

Since you needed an A/P to purchase TiW (assuming you're not a Florida resident), parking should be free anyway at the parks. If you're dining at a resort, you can utilize valet parking & show your receipt at the stand & all you'll be liable for is the tip. :thumbsup: