PDA

View Full Version : Staying at Poly pool the day we check out?

eire
09-26-2011, 06:46 PM
Hi!
I am sure this question has been asked before... Are we allowed to stay at the Polynesian pool on the day we check out? Can we still take out the boats, eat at the restaurants, etc?
I feel like I should know this answer, but usually we are rushing to leave and catch a flight. This time we won't be and I am hoping we can stay and lounge for the day! Thanks!

AuntLaura
09-26-2011, 07:11 PM
Check out is at 11AM. You can ask about a late check-out if it's not busy. I would suspect that if your stay is over, you won't be able to use the boats. If you are paying cash, I don't think there's a problem with eating at the restaurants. I have been at other resorts, where people are staying at the pools prior to heading to the airport. You'd need to change your clothes? I've not stayed at the Poly so I don't know what facilities they have. There is a bathroom both upstairs by O'hana and downstairs by Captain Cook's. If you need a resort card to get into the bathroom by the pool, not sure if it deactivates at 11am.

faline
09-26-2011, 08:41 PM
If you're staying at the Poly, you can continue to use the facilities there after your checkout time and until you depart that day. You can still use all the transportation and eat where you like. In fact, you can eat where you like regardless of whether you were a guest of Disney or not.

eire
09-26-2011, 10:54 PM
Great! Thanks for sharing your knowledge!

paymerich
09-27-2011, 08:13 AM
I think the official Disney info/rule is unto midnight of your checkout day. Lots of people check out of the room but go to parks, DTD or hang out at pool before travel commences.

buzznwoodysmom
09-27-2011, 09:15 AM
Yes, you most definitely can use the pool, eat in the restaurants, and use the boats after you check out. There are bathrooms in the volcano, near the slide, that you can change in if you need to. Enjoy your last little bit of time in the "world".

BrerGnat
09-27-2011, 10:34 AM
The recreational equipment is not limited to resort guests, so you can definitely still enjoy all that stuff.

The only thing limited to resort guests is the pool, but your room key is still good for those facilities until midnight on the day you check out.