PDA

View Full Version : What keeps you coming back to WDW theme parks?

Mousemates
09-26-2011, 01:27 PM
The recent threads concerning Avatar and the "Disney Wow Factor" caused me to stop and give a little thought as to what the "big thing" is that keeps our family coming back to WDW year after year. The rides/attractions were what drew us there the first time, but our reasons for coming back have changed with the passing of time. For us its now actually more of a familiarity/sentimental thing based upon the treasure trove of family memories we have "stored away" there over the years. Just wondering what the "big thing" is that keep others coming back.

(by the way, I purposefully left out the option of an "all of the above" answer...if your answer is multiple options, just pick the one that is most important to you)

Lisaj13
09-26-2011, 01:59 PM
I'm finding it tough to pick just one.

1. My kids love the rides.
2. I hate driving on vacation.
3. The parks are beautiful, the queues are wonderful.
4. Wonderful service.
5. Excellent family time.
6. The "outside" world ceases to exist for me while I'm there.

I guess to sum up all our reasons I'd pick sentimental favourite. We have great memories and each trip we make more. You can't top that.

SBETigg
09-26-2011, 02:13 PM
I agree, difficult to pick just one. It's a combination of so many things. But the main thing, if I had to choose, is the immersive experience. I love being surrounded by the magic, away from real world troubles, in a way that I haven't been at any other vacation place. The transportation is a part of that- I don't have to drive anywhere, and we stay onsite so outside traffic doesn't creep in as a hassle(slightly more on buses, but still- I am not driving). Also, having so many things to do and still feeling like we're in that magical Disney bubble- it keeps me coming back.

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
09-26-2011, 02:20 PM
It is the one place where ALL ages can enjoy. You can take 3 generations and all can find something that will interest them. You can avoid the "thrill" rides and still have things to do. You can interact with beloved characters. Once you are there (provided you are staying on site) you are there!

Its ALL good!

buzznwoodysmom
09-26-2011, 02:27 PM
I think the main thing that keeps my family coming back are all the different options. At this point in time we actually look forward to the resorts and restaurants as much as, if not more than, the parks. We love trying new resorts, and eating at new places. We still have a long list of restaurants we haven't tried and a good number of resorts we've not yet stayed in. WDW is the one destination that we can go to again and again, yet have a completely different experience each and every time depending on which resort we stay in, where we eat, and what "non park" extras we do on each trip. We try to plan something "new" for each trip. Sometimes its a new party, like MNSSHP, or renting the sea raycers, trying a dinner show, we'd like to see Cirque one day. So many guests just concentrate on the parks, but for us that's just a small portion of the overall experience. There are still so many things we have yet to do, and that's what keeps my family coming back again and again.

I have to say that your "Sentimentalism and Familiarity " option would be my second reason. Its the place we feel the most comfortable and have the most family memories from. We've vacationed in many other locations, but without a doubt, WDW is the place we enjoy the most. We are spending our first Christmas in WDW this year. Just the other day on the way to school my youngest said to me "Mom, its about time we spend Christmas at our other home".

darthmacho
09-26-2011, 03:10 PM
It was a pretty difficult question because all the answers apply to me. I think variety is the real reason though, because WDW really feels like multiple vacations rolled into one. :mickey:

GBBT
09-26-2011, 04:40 PM
I chose sentimental memories.Went as a kid and have been taking my kid since he was 2. Hope when he has kids he'll take them and say,"My Dad brought me here when I was a kid and I hope you fall in love with Disney World like I did." I fell for Disney in 1967 when The Jungle Book came out,I was 2 then.I've been crazy for Walt and his stories ever since.:thumbsup:

Polynesian Dweller
09-26-2011, 05:00 PM
Having to choose, it's the completely immersive experience. But really, it's parts of all of the things mentioned plus, our balcony at the PolynesIan is one of two places ( other than our house ) where we feel a type of peace and calm we get nowhere else. Sitting there with a drink, something to snack on,and looking at the activity in the lagoon or the fireworks is bliss.

disneyfan328
09-26-2011, 05:16 PM
I have to agree - several of the options ring true, but in my own DH's words - Disney is a complete and total escape from reality! Its a place where we can all go and escape our everyday lives. We don't have to drive, cook or really worry about much of anything other than maybe what ride to go on next! The characters, colors, sights and sounds make all of us feel like kids again and I don't know of any other place that does that! It really is a magical world! One that I can't wait to get back to!!

ransam
09-26-2011, 05:41 PM
It's a Disney thing, if you don't get it, you just won't understand even if i could explain it.

DizneyRox
09-26-2011, 07:09 PM
Other = DVC... Mostly locked in to a visit every so often. Purchased during better times.

crltkcagle
09-26-2011, 09:48 PM
The magic! Its hard to explain but we love Disney and visit every year! On our last trip (last week) it was our last night at MK and wishes was going on. I looked down at my middle son and he was crying. I asked him what was wrong and he said he wasn't ready to leave Disney world and wanted to stay there forever! It brought tears to my eyes and we started crying together because I felt the same way! We already have a countdown until our next trip. I can't explain it but for those of you who are true Disney fans you understand. :pixie:

Tink#64
09-26-2011, 11:27 PM
I wish there had been an option for "All of the above"! For us it's all of those things! The attractions are second to none in my book, Disney does themeing like no other! From the attractions, the resorts, shopping, dining, you name it! We are like a different family when we're in WDW, the best of who we are & it is very sentimental to me. When we start talking vacation, my DS's now assume we're going to WDW! :cloud9: For me, there really isn't one thing, it's all of those things that keep us coming back & loving every minute! :mickey:

jnfr2424
09-27-2011, 09:15 AM
It's a Disney thing, if you don't get it, you just won't understand even if i could explain it.

:ditto:

CU Tiger
09-27-2011, 03:57 PM
I would have to say it is the total experience for us. As compared to other parks, DW is cleaner, the CMs are much nicer, and the ride theams are better. :mickey:

Gator
09-27-2011, 04:29 PM
I went with Completely Immersive Disney Exp because it essentially covers the every answer above it. I love all the things listed, and I consider it a Disney experience to get it all at the same time.

grumpyguy
09-27-2011, 05:03 PM
Like some others,picking only one reason is a toughie...it's the whole experience that keeps me coming back.:mickey:

DNS
09-27-2011, 05:51 PM
Multiple options is exactly the main thing that keeps us going back. I would also add that age is so unimportant. Young and not so young can enjoy Disney because of all there is to do. It is really an amazing place.

RAIDER
09-28-2011, 03:38 AM
Lovely thread by the way :)

I went for the multiple options...
WDW and the other parks in general are such a great place to visit ,being from the UK the shopping is also a great plus with the $ against the £ .The weather and the driving,beaches is also a plus as well . I wouldnt want to go anywhere else :D

Scrappy2
09-28-2011, 09:01 AM
It's my happy place :mickey:! People ask me that question all the time. They tell me it's the same thing I did last year. Disney is so much more that just a "Theme Park". My answer back to them is "Why do you go to the beach every year?" Beach is the same thing year after year as well. We just love the whole package Disney has to offer.

johnO
09-28-2011, 08:18 PM
Immersive experience

Mousemates
09-29-2011, 08:29 AM
Other = DVC... Mostly locked in to a visit every so often. Purchased during better times.

Compulsory visits due to contractual obligations was one option I never considered...thou I must admit that having a "mandatory annual WDW vacation" doesn't sound too bad. :)

brivers222
09-29-2011, 09:31 AM
My fiancee and I went down there to celebrate our engagement...... by the end of the trip we were talking about how there no other place we would like to celebrate our Honeymoon than at Disney. A month after we got back home we had MJ book us for our Disneymoon!

The amount of attention that one receives down there is amazing. People picking up trash would talk to us for 10mins asking us about our engagement and congratulating us! I really can't think of a place that showers you more with attention than Disney CMs

At the last MNSSHP we told Mickey and Minnie that we would be coming back in a year to celebrate our honeymoon with them. They both gave us huge hugs and posed for an awesome photo with us :)

lightyearfan
09-29-2011, 11:40 AM
i selected the complete immersive of DIsney experience, to me and dw there is no better place to go for our vacations. we enjoy it more now then b4 when our dd use come. to us it's everything that Disney does that keeps us coming back. we are now a few days away with our mini stay at the parks and then it's off to our first 7 day Western Caribean Disney Cruise. :mickey:

Victor

I LoveJack
09-29-2011, 09:44 PM
The reason we keep coming back is that we have made friends there with several of the CMs so it's like visiting long lost family members. We bring them little gifts every time and we cry when we have to leave them behind, just like family.