PDA

View Full Version : Wow! Fantasyland expansion is coming along quickly! Pics

Christine
09-25-2011, 11:21 PM
I spent some of the afternoon at mk and was shocked to see how much progress had been made on the new fantasyland expansion

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-Q7OvWrLJWEQ/Tn_sxmXgdTI/AAAAAAAABaI/ooT9nGhJ5Tc/s1600/IMG_6592-733587.png

It was also exciting to See the icicle lights starting to go up on the castle!
Got me to wondering- how or will the memories magic and you projection work with the light up? Won't it be a bit "lumpy" of a
Surface to do the projections?

Anyhoo- just thought I'd share an update!

darthmacho
09-26-2011, 07:38 AM
Thanks for the pic. Looking forward to seeing the completion of it. :mickey:

DisneyMom12
09-26-2011, 08:59 AM
I can't wait to see the final product. I took a few pics while ridding the train around, but I don't know how to post them.

Mousemates
09-26-2011, 09:43 AM
thanks for the pic...looking forward to seeing how far along things have gotten when go down for the holidays

tennantsrwe
09-26-2011, 12:56 PM
Thanks for the pic updates!! We are going in early December and I was wondering the same thing about the projection show. We've seen it on youtube...couldn't wait lol....but I'm sure it's so much better in person. As far as I know they are still showing it w/ the lights on the castle. I called and asked a few weeks ago...guess we shall see!!!

davidh
09-26-2011, 01:48 PM
I posted this in another thread, but I do not think the lights will cause any issue to the MM&Y projections.
The Castle is not the most perfect of projection surfaces to start with. The "stonework" presents its own challenge as it is. The wiring for the lights is very subtle, close to the castle surfaces, and the wiring is tinted to make it the least obtrusive possible.

I'm sure it will still be great.

D

Kairi_7378
09-26-2011, 07:39 PM
I was checking them out with my zoom lens from the CA Grill earlier this month. DH was rather surprised when he saw those pictures on the memory card!

faline
09-26-2011, 08:36 PM
Really starting to take shape!

crltkcagle
09-26-2011, 08:55 PM
I took a bunch of pictures of it while riding Dumbo! I was snapping away while up there trying to get some good shots so I could see exactly what the new fantasyland would look like! Can I post those on here?

Here is a link to the pictures. Hope I am not breaking any rules.

http://photobucket.com/disneyworldfantasyland

DisneyMom12
09-26-2011, 11:59 PM
Wow, you got great shots!. What a good idea, wish I would have thought about it.

Gregandmel
10-01-2011, 07:24 AM
Thank you for posting those pictures! How exciting. We were there April 2010 and I remember very fondly the "walls" that were up in Fantasyland. Happy to see the progress they are making behind those walls!

LudwigVonDrake
10-01-2011, 10:08 AM
I can't wait until it all opens!!! :mickey:

Main Street Jim
10-01-2011, 12:46 PM
I saw elsewhere the new Fanatsyland train station. Yes, that's correct - train *station* - not just a platform with awning over it :) It'll be an enclosed structure much like Main Street station.

It'll still be in the same place though :)

Man, I absolutley *hated* that ToonTown thing...LOL....

minnie-mouse
10-06-2011, 09:51 AM
Will all the princess meet & greets be in the new expanded area?