PDA

View Full Version : Setting Up Wireless Device - DNS Error?

KylesMom
09-25-2011, 09:09 AM
Although this is a tech question, it's not a Disney tech question & I'm hoping one of our techies can help me. I've been out of the I/T realm for a while, and I'm stuck.

On Friday, we moved out of the dial-up age and into the 21st Century with high-speed internet. DS was hyped that he could finally get on the PlayStation Network. Unfortunately when I'm trying to set up the device, it's giving me a DNS error when I try to connect to the internet.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix a DNS error when setting up the PS3 for internet access?

Thanks for any suggestions you can give me! :mickey:

DizneyRox
09-25-2011, 09:33 AM
Didn't know there was still such thing as dial up...

So, you've got a wireless router configured and other devices are able to connect wirelessly?

How about hooking the PS3 up via wire?

If it works wired, then there's something wrong with the credientials you are using to access the wireless router.

I suggest to hook everything up wired if you can, wireless is just not up to the job a lot of times.

Be careful on the PSN, Sony really <messed up> on that one, I wouldn't trust them as far as you can throw that PS3. Mine has been sitting dormant for months...