PDA

View Full Version : 1900 Park Fare for Breakfast?

disneyfan328
09-24-2011, 10:54 PM
Hi everyone:

DH and I were talking today and trying to make plans and are debating on doing a few TS meals during our upcoming trip in January.
We have never been to 1900 Park Fare and are thinking of taking DD 11 and DS 9 there for the Breakfast Buffet to celebrate their birthdays:party:
What are your thoughts? Is it worth the money and what characters are normally there for bkfst?

Also - does anyone know how fast they will start taking the gingerbread house down? We will be going there on 1/8/12. the only info I can find says that its open daily thorugh 12/31? We are just hoping to possibly still see it.

Other options for Bkfst this day are crystal palace and chef mickeys which we have eaten at before, or the one with Lilo and Stitch. I am leaning more towards 1900 Park fare but figured the veterans here would have more info.

Niecyboo
09-25-2011, 12:48 AM
This is my favorite buffet breakfast! It just has a few extra options in my opinion. I could live off their strawberry soup alone. They also have an omlet station, and every time I have been there they have had Lobster Eggs Benedict on the buffet. I also like to put the vanilla sauce that I think is for the bread pudding on my waffles.

Now I'm getting hungry.

MinnieMommie
09-25-2011, 05:00 AM
We really like this breakfast and it is on our reservation list for our upcoming trip. They have the basic and then some specialty food items you would not expect on the menu and I think the food is a bit better quality. We have been going there since my kids were little and it is the only breakfast buffet 2 of my now grown kids still insist on.

As for the gingerbread house I think you will be out of luck. It's surprising how quickly they get the holiday decoration down!

TexasPrincessAurora
09-25-2011, 12:20 PM
When we've been Mary Poppins greets people in the lobby with Alice, the Mad Hatter, Tigger and Pooh in the dining room. The Mad Hatter every time has been unbelievable. Just like he stepped out of the cartoon to life.

The food is always quite good, with a few unique items on the buffet. Definitely worth a trip!

DisneyMom12
09-25-2011, 12:30 PM
For us It was Tigger, Pooh, Mary Poppins, Alice, and the Mad Hatter. They all came around to the tables.

The Dinner at 1900 Park Fair is also very good. It was so much fun the characters are Cinderella, Prince Charming, The Step Mother, and Sister's. They play the parts fantastic.
We all could not stop laughing. The Step Mother was trying to marry off Drizella to my DS15. It really was priceless.

Katzateer
09-25-2011, 12:41 PM
Crystal Palace would be my first choice if you will be in MK.

On a non- park day I would go to 1900 - either for breakfast or dinner.

You can't go wrong with either place.

Not a big Chef Mickeys fan

disneyfan328
09-25-2011, 07:18 PM
ok so I am thinking we are going to go to 1900 Park Fare. Using Disney Transpo - What is the best way to get there?

We are staying at All Star Movies - so we will be leaving from there. It looks like the best way is to bus it to Magic Kingdom and then take the monorail over to Grand Floridian?

Katzateer
09-25-2011, 07:25 PM
[QUOTE=disneyfan328;2211357]o
We are staying at All Star Movies - so we will be leaving from there. It looks like the best way is to bus it to Magic Kingdom and then take the monorail over to Grand Floridian?[/QUOTE

That's the way to go- allow at least an hour to get there. Hope you enjoy it!

Gator
09-26-2011, 12:23 PM
Bus to MK - Monorail to GF is the best route. There's nothing like hitting the monorail early in the morning.

1900 PF is my favorite breakfast of my 6 trips. #1 reason is Mary Poppins -I've always had a thing for her. The other characters are a lot of fun too. And the food is great - in fact, the best cinnamon sticky bun I've ever had is served there. Don't miss that.

Mackflava99
09-26-2011, 12:30 PM
We really enjoy this stop for breakfast.
The food is very good and the character interaction is great. We had the mad hatter and tigger the last time and the two of them were hilarious.

1900 park fare is a great choice.

Even for Dinner, i can say its alot of fun.

disneyfan328
09-26-2011, 04:05 PM
thanks guys :) ok now I am hungry!!! We are not quite to double digits yet for the trip but I'm already excited and thinking about it everyday! I made the reservation for 1900 Park Fare today! :DCan't wait! I saw some pictures and I can't believe we've never been before! I am a huge collector of carousels and it seems that is a lot of the theme! So excited!! I'll have to take some food pics and write up a dining report when we get back!:mickey:

MinnieMommie
09-26-2011, 07:54 PM
[QUOTE We are staying at All Star Movies - so we will be leaving from there. It looks like the best way is to bus it to Magic Kingdom and then take the monorail over to Grand Floridian?[/QUOTE]

The monorail from the MK to the GF is fine but I usually take the boat. Very quick and direct and so relaxing! :mickey:

disneyfan328
09-26-2011, 08:37 PM
where would we catch the boat? we've never been to the GF before so I am kinda new to this one.

JPL
09-26-2011, 09:56 PM
Worth it for the Lobster Eggs Benidict and the Strawberry Soup :tasty:

mydisneygirls
09-26-2011, 10:34 PM
Are you on the Dining Plan? If not, breakfast will cost over $100! We just got back and had breakfast at Chef Mickey's which I paid for. Although it was good and the characters were great, I wouldn't do it again because I can't justify spending that much money for pancakes and bacon!

Mickey'sGirl
09-27-2011, 08:28 AM
I like breakfast at 1900 Park Fare best of all of the Character Breakfasts. The Lobster Eggs Benedict is fabulous.

If you are just kicking around that day, you might try getting the latest breakfast seating. Crowds thin out and you get a lot of character time as a result. The food is always fresh and plentiful, so that is not a worry with a later sitting.

I would take the bus to MK and then the monorail around to the GF.

disneyfan328
09-27-2011, 11:40 PM
Are you on the Dining Plan? If not, breakfast will cost over $100! We just got back and had breakfast at Chef Mickey's which I paid for. Although it was good and the characters were great, I wouldn't do it again because I can't justify spending that much money for pancakes and bacon!

I priced it out and for our family of 4 -(3 paying adult prices and one paying a child) it is about 75.00 including tax. Now I know that this sounds like a lot for breakfast but we are doing a 10 am seating so we will probably no eat lunch this day so two meals at disney for 4 people for 75 I don't think ish orrible PLUS it gets us in to see some of the characters without waiting in line and at this breakfast its some that you don't get to see often in the parks (mary poppins and mad hatter come to mind) we are on the DP but we are doing the CS so we will pay for this one. Its not something we would do often but its a splurge that we are ok with and there seems to be a really good variety of food here.

TinksGoofyMom
09-29-2011, 06:39 AM
Love this breakfast! My daughter chose this for her 7th birthday breakfast 2 yrs ago due to a great previous experience. As stated above, the Mad Hatter is awesome. Be sure to let them know it's a birthday. My DD got a huge cupcake(w/breakfast) and a signed placemat. It was one of our best times ever. The food was also spectacular. You can eat off the buffet and get omelets made to order. We always use these big breakfasts as a brunch therefore I think it's worth the money for the variety and the atmosphere.

tinksmom02
10-04-2011, 10:02 AM
We've done this breakfast several times. The food is delicious, the characters are great and the service is quite good. Our server last December actually remembered us from previous visits! In addition, it never seems to be as crowded as, say, Chef Mickey's, or 'Ohana. You'll enjoy it, I'm sure.

princessgirls
10-04-2011, 12:00 PM
My husband booked this the night before we ate there on a whim, and honestly....

IT WAS FABULOUS!!

I did not have a whole lot of expectations...

Food was delicious
Service was impeccable
Grand Floridian is beautiful and...
Character Interaction with Alice, Mary Poppins, Pooh, Tigger, and the Mad Hatter was lots of fun.

10 out of 10!
Also...it was our cheapest Table Service!
Go figure...
Julie:mickey:

brivers222
10-04-2011, 12:25 PM
I really wasn't going to book this again but it actually fits perfectly in our GF checkout day... We have Ressies at 9:10am and that should give us a chance to fuel up and then go back to our room to checkout.

The above comments helped in picking this place as well because in my last years trip report I said I would not go back lol

MinnieMommie
10-04-2011, 08:32 PM
where would we catch the boat? we've never been to the GF before so I am kinda new to this one.

The boat launch is on the water in front of the entrance to the MK. Right near the walkway to go to the monorail. You will see a small boat for GF. It is a hop, skip and a jump. Very close by boat but the monorail is fun too. :mickey: