PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever been to Mickey's backyard BBQ?

faberj
09-24-2011, 10:42 PM
If so how is it?
My DS loves Mickey and loves to dance, so I am thinking he will love it. Is the food toddler friendly? He will have just turned 2 at the time of our trip.

c&d
09-26-2011, 10:58 AM
We went about 4 years ago so my information may be a little outdated. What we really didn't like is that it was really chaotic when the characters came out. Since there was no one around the characters they were mobbed. It would definitely not be a good place for a toddler. DS was more content to sit at the table and watch rather than get up and try to get near the characters.

Mousemates
09-26-2011, 02:06 PM
nope...never been...not really being a smartie, but i noticed you hadn't gotten much in the way of a response and was just kind of bumping :bump: you back up the board :mickey:

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
09-26-2011, 02:41 PM
Bumping this to keep it active - Hope you get an answer - Never have gone and probably won't as it has never sounded like our "cup of tea".

bouncer
09-26-2011, 09:06 PM
food is picnic type: fried chicken, ribs, sweet corn, baked beans etc. watermelon, cake & ice cream bars for dessert. We went a few years ago...have been 2x total. Nothing had changed. Cowboy theme songs, rope tricks etc. Our first time DS was 18 months - he is 8 now. He was afraid (shy) of the characters and mostly stayed in the booster style high chair. He ate well (always has been good eater) danced a bit and enjoyed the cowboy rope tricks. I know for a fact that we didn't stay for the whole show that time. Not sure if you will get the full value for the price.

PinKy
09-27-2011, 02:40 PM
I've never been to this, but I have 3 children under 5 years and for the little ones, Chef Mickey's is outstanding every year and you get lots of one-on-one time with the characters. Go for the breakfast. Very toddler friendly.:thumbsup:

jonahbear2006
09-27-2011, 03:54 PM
I have never been to this and probably never will and the reason being.... I will never pay these prices for that style of food. A watermelon, cornbread, baked beans, fried chicken, lemonade. I can feed these things to my kids at the campground for under $20 for all 7 of us. I wont pay these horrendous prices.