PDA

View Full Version : Anyone with info on Mystic Ct?

kathiep
09-24-2011, 08:20 PM
We're looking into planning a long weekend trip from NJ - considering Mystic. We have 2 kids - 8 & 6. Can anyone tell me what there is to do here and if there's enough to keep 2 kids happy for a few days?

Would also love any information on where to stay or great places to eat.

Thanks in advance :thumbsup:

SBETigg
09-24-2011, 08:50 PM
There's the seaport and the aquarium, and I think you can book whale watch tours and things of that sort. Mystic has a great aquarium. The beluga whales are fascinating and there are some interactive exhibits and shows. The seaport might be a little more dry for the kids, depending on their interests. There's probably enough to keep them intrigued for a while. Lots of whale hunt history and a ship to tour. It's a good day trip or weekend trip. Not sure of restaurants in the area. We haven't been in quite a while. There is the Mystic Pizza restaurant that inspired the 80s movie.

kathiep
09-27-2011, 09:03 AM
Thanks for the info. It seems like the laid-back type of relaxing trip we were looking for.

Mickey'sGirl
09-27-2011, 09:33 AM
Mystic is beautiful, but I remember being bored as all get out when we went there as young teens. (Though that could have been attitude!) .

I have found that travelling with my own children, howwever, that they are receptive to ANY place that's new. We go and see and do anything with them ... so I would go ahead and plan if it's something you are interested in.

kathiep
09-28-2011, 08:17 PM
I think once you can admit the teen attitude, you are karmically forgiven Mickey's girl ;)

I agree with you though, - my kids are happy with any place they haven't been before.

Thanks!!!

Joannelet
09-29-2011, 09:22 PM
There is also a dinosaur park nearby! Did it last year! My young son loved that trip. We had a great time. My husband was there on business so we met him for a few days. Did the dino park, aquarium, and mohegan sun was not that far so we went there for dinner. Also ate at Mystic Pizza :). I will have to ask my hubby where we stayed because it was really nice. Had a great restaurant with buffet breakfast and a full fledged starbucks in it. Indoor pool etc. I will find out and let you know.

DisneyDog
10-19-2011, 01:52 PM
We went there about 6 years ago. Our son was 3 at the time. We had a great couple of days and I would love to go back again. We stayed at the Inn at Mystic and we loved it. The town is quaint (kind of like New Hope/Lahaska area, if you have ever been there.) We were disappointed in Mystic Pizza, though. We all loved the seaport. We took the horse and buggy ride. I'm a big Little House on the Prairie fan, and I felt like I was in Walnut Grove:D I would go back again in a second.