PDA

View Full Version : What Disney taught me - how about you?

Suzi Q
09-24-2011, 12:50 PM
Just throwing this out there...

Part of my job is customer service. The excellent customer service I receive in Disney always seems to 'refresh' my resolve to not only provide the same level to my customers - but to also BE a great customer. The 2nd to the last time I checked in at Pop, the young cast member had had a witch of a customer right before me (the whole lobby heard it all!) and I could tell she just wanted to go disappear and cry. I marched right up there and told her she was wonderful and did my best to cheer her up and be her BEST customer of the day. Well, guess what? on my last check-in, I ended up with her again, and she remembered me and thanked me for making her day so much better 6 months prior. Wow. I felt great!

Another one is a trip to Disney always reminds me no matter how different we all are, we are all the same. I have had great conversations with people from all over the world, all ages, infirmities, etc. and have learned so much, and have greater patience and respect for people that 'seem' different. The last trip, there was a disabled preteen girl that kept bumping into me and others, talking loudly, and was a bit out of control, and her dad was trying his best to keep her from irritating others. I chose to not be irritated and engaged her in conversation, which kept her busy for the rest of the long wait for big thunder mountain. You shouldve seen the look on her dads face - just relief. What a wonderful dad to take his girl to Disney, knowing it would be a challenging trip for him.

So how about you?

SBETigg
09-24-2011, 01:24 PM
I'm a writer, and Disney refills my creative well, reminds me of how important it is to let go and get lost in a fantasy. The detail and story-telling present in even the simplest Disney attractions shows there are always more creative ways to tell a story. There's inspiration around every corner.

Dulcee
09-24-2011, 02:13 PM
Honestly, every WDW trip reminds me to slow down. Its the only vacation where we completely unplug. Cell phones, laptops, blackberries. All gone. I don't care if a smart phone has a fastpass app its off.

It gives us such a breather and reminds me every trip how we need to slow down at home and appreciate each other more.

sixshot19
09-24-2011, 03:28 PM
It's not the rides, it's not the food, it is this overall feeling of being taken care of, almost swept off you feet.....Happiest place on earth.

A bad day at Disney is a great day anywhere else.

Tink#64
09-25-2011, 02:03 AM
WDW reminds me to slow down & appreciate the little things! There are so many little things at WDW that you could miss if you aren't taking the time to slow down & take notice! Sometimes it's those neat little details & surprises in life that are the most heart warming & bring the biggest smiles & warm fuzzies! Whether it's the CM's, the street performers, the awesome topiaries, or a gazillion Disney plusses! Sometimes it's just our family sharing an endearing moment , revisitng our WDW traditions or just sharing a belly laugh at our total carefree WDW silly behaviors, it's the little things that always add up to a magical experience! :mickey:

armywife
09-25-2011, 05:03 AM
My Gran took me every year since opening day until I was 16. She has been gone for 14 years this month. My mom was abusive. Disney taught me there is a magical place, dreams come true. I am taking my DH for his first time, our kids backed out on us, and sharing what my Granny showed me. After being a police officer and now a soldier ( wounded) he needs a little magic, hope and dreams.

jnfr2424
09-26-2011, 09:08 AM
To be the best person I can be and to appreciate life - there truly is a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow....

minnie04
09-26-2011, 03:53 PM
My Gran took me every year since opening day until I was 16. She has been gone for 14 years this month. My mom was abusive. Disney taught me there is a magical place, dreams come true. I am taking my DH for his first time, our kids backed out on us, and sharing what my Granny showed me. After being a police officer and now a soldier ( wounded) he needs a little magic, hope and dreams.

What do you mean your kids "backed out" if i may ask how old are they ?? Kids arent suppose to back out of a trip to Disney. Everytime I think mine are to old ..They ask for more.. I love it. If they (your kids) would just go once they would never want to leave :mickey:

As for your Husband...Tell him THANK YOU !!!!! for everything he has done for all of us to be safe. thank you, thank you , thank you !!! I hope you have a wonderful time on your trip....

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
09-26-2011, 08:38 PM
It taught me that my husband and I are more in love now than ever and that we can have a great time just being together without our children for a week.